+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Wotlk Fury Warrior Guide

Added some math to the Execute section. As always yell at me if you see any errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    @Thegreatme: is it just me, or the armory, or do you not have a bracer enchant?
    I just checked my armory page and noticed that too, which is odd considering I know I have the enchant... unless I am going crazy (which is entirely possible).

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatme View Post
    Added some math to the Execute section....
    Looks good. How about a little bit more math, to show it both with and without Glyph of Execution, for comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Looks good. How about a little bit more math, to show it both with and without Glyph of Execution, for comparison?
    Done.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Hi All (and Thegreatme),
    So from what I have tried and read on other fury guides you never EVER add to haste rating as it doesn't help dps as much as other enchants/gems/food. Gemming for hit is almost always a waste because your gear will get you there as you progress. Strength is the only way. (blue for meta of course with str/stam like the guide states).

A great add-on that shows when Bloodsurge procs is called Event Alert. Its a little outdated but still works well. It makes a dbm style sound effect and shows a size adjustable icon in the center of the screen when bs is up. (I have my sound set to a moocow).

Also from what I've found your soft hit cap rating is most important (8-9% without precision). Once that is acheived then work on the expertise hit cap. Doing so has greatly improved my dps and overall damage. If you lose precision imp cleave really is great for trash mobs.(also glyph for cleave is nice). I continue to improve getting about 4-5k dps depending on the raid right now and about 3-3.5 on h dungon runs.

This brings me to a question to all Fury Warriors getting more than 4k dps. What trinkets are you using? Maxdps.com says the darkmoon card greatness is still one of the top 3 dps trinkets. (I am using horrible old trinks (death card, and mirror)). Im just curious what 2 make the best combo for you? Im thinking of getting the mark of supremacy but am unsure if it really is better than the greatness card.
    Your thoughts?

PS thanks for a great posting about the math and science behind one of the most missunderstood classes/specs.
    Martinbishop US Hakkar

Quote Originally Posted by martinbishop View Post
    Hi All (and Thegreatme),
    So from what I have tried and read on other fury guides you never EVER add to haste rating as it doesn't help dps as much as other enchants/gems/food. Gemming for hit is almost always a waste because your gear will get you there as you progress. Strength is the only way. (blue for meta of course with str/stam like the guide states).
    nightmare tear & agi meta, if you've a crit SEP > 1. (you loose 4 crit and get 4 str, if there's a 6str socketbonus, which requires a blue gem.)
    Also from what I've found your soft hit cap rating is most important (8-9% without precision). Once that is acheived then work on the expertise hit cap. Doing so has greatly improved my dps and overall damage. If you lose precision imp cleave really is great for trash mobs.(also glyph for cleave is nice). I continue to improve getting about 4-5k dps depending on the raid right now and about 3-3.5 on h dungon runs.
    not 8-9, it's 8%.
    if you loose precision (so if i understand it right, you take the points out of it), you should reroll another class, if you are under ~600 hit.
    precision > all alternatives.
    This brings me to a question to all Fury Warriors getting more than 4k dps. What trinkets are you using? Maxdps.com says the darkmoon card greatness is still one of the top 3 dps trinkets. (I am using horrible old trinks (death card, and mirror)). Im just curious what 2 make the best combo for you? Im thinking of getting the mark of supremacy but am unsure if it really is better than the greatness card.
    Your thoughts?
    DM:death is kind of crap. Try to get the banner of victory, or gt, greatness, anything else, but not the death card.
    greatness is, as fury, one of the best trinkets you can get, the first which are better are out of ulduar25 (if i'm right, trail of comets, or something like that.)
    Maxdps.com is still terrible, to get reliable results, better take the spreadsheet.

now if only landsoul could get his latest fixes on the 97 excel version. =(

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Finally, the guide is here on tankspot.
    Loved all your vids on youtube.
    Seriously helped me out how to ACTUALLY dps as a fury warrior.
    Back then I didn't even know what rotation was.
    Oh and as for trinkets, I say the best ones you can get would be pyrite infuser and mjolnir runestone. Both from Ulduar 10, not that hard to get either.
    Pyrite infuser is from Flame Leviathan oh and Mjolnir Runestone is from Thorim hardmode.

as per landsouls spreadsheet the current BiS trinkets are:
    1) (heroic) deaths verdict
    2/3) tied between deaths verdict and mjolnir runestone (runestone pulls ahead if you can gear/gem to be at the soft cap else deaths verdit is better)
    4) Comet's Trail
    5) Dark matter
    6) Darkmoon card: Greatness

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    now if only landsoul could get his latest fixes on the 97 excel version. =(
    if he would only give a OpenOffice version to us... =/

Quote Originally Posted by Vexengetorix View Post
    Oh and as for trinkets, I say the best ones you can get would be pyrite infuser and mjolnir runestone. Both from Ulduar 10, not that hard to get either.
    Pyrite infuser is from Flame Leviathan oh and Mjolnir Runestone is from Thorim hardmode.
    What the...
    Greatness >>>>>>>>> pyrite infuser (even MoT is nearly as good as it or even better, depending on your crit-ap ratio)

/e Thegreatme was faster. :P

he used to have an openoffice version, but something happened (i was following it closely then) and he had to pull it from there. Wasn't by choice if I remember correctly.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Yes, and i'm still sad, that it's down... building an own spreadsheet for openoffice is atm a little bit too time expensive for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatme View Post
    as per landsouls spreadsheet the current BiS trinkets are:
    1) (heroic) deaths verdict
    2/3) tied between deaths verdict and mjolnir runestone (runestone pulls ahead if you can gear/gem to be at the soft cap else deaths verdit is better)
    4) Comet's Trail
    5) Dark matter
    6) Darkmoon card: Greatness
    Ahhh, yeah your right. Deaths verdict increases str by 450 and increases AP by 256.... so all thats 1156 AP alltogether when it procs. I have about 30% armor ignore on my gear so I figured mjolnir runestone would be better for me. Meh, I need to replace my meteorite whetstone. So I guess I'll go after deaths verdict.

Your first aim should be, to get the expertise softcap. (and also dmc:greatness, if you got the money. (or fotff or anything else out of the "low" pre ulduar content, there are still many trinkets, which are better than meteorite whetstone(and also some, which are better than MoT)) It's still one of the best trinkets you could get)
    your meta gem is wrong, all x/hit or only hit gems, the hit enchant, the two str/stam gems... all of this is suboptimal, to say it nice.
    change the hit gems against expertise, the enchant against 44ap, change the str/stam gem at your legs with nightmare tear, the other with 20 expertise, the meta gem against the relentless earthstorm, and you will perform (much) better (and also exchange 1 or 2 of the other gems with 20 expertise, so that you get at 22-24 expertise.).

Quote Originally Posted by Ciandista View Post
    I noticed that your "Slam Alert" addon is working. With mine, it doesn't work. I've been downloading this addon but it always tells me it's out of date, therefore, it won't work. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem??? Thanks so much.

-Ciandista
    In your login screen when you click the add-on button there is a check box in the option that says don't load out of date addons uncheck this and you should be fine.
    Martin Bishop

I for myself prefer PowerAuras as alert addon for a lot of stuff.
    Takes a little (but really just a little) while to get used to the config, but then it's pretty good.
    It displays textures (with customizable color and alpha) at any position you want.
    I use it to inform me if Bloodrage and Berserker Rage are usable, same for Death Wish and Recklessness.
    It also shows me BS proc, and Debuffs you can cancel with the rage.
    And not to forget it reminds me to keep my shouts up.
    It can pretty much inform you about any Buff, Debuff, usable skill and much more (oh and it hits me straight in the face if my health drops to low).

It's one of my most favourite addons I would say though over the time I use SexyCooldown and Satrina's Buff Frames more and more to keep me informed about stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Quietsch View Post
    Your first aim should be, to get the expertise softcap. (and also dmc:greatness, if you got the money. (or fotff or anything else out of the "low" pre ulduar content, there are still many trinkets, which are better than meteorite whetstone(and also some, which are better than MoT)) It's still one of the best trinkets you could get)
    your meta gem is wrong, all x/hit or only hit gems, the hit enchant, the two str/stam gems... all of this is suboptimal, to say it nice.
    change the hit gems against expertise, the enchant against 44ap, change the str/stam gem at your legs with nightmare tear, the other with 20 expertise, the meta gem against the relentless earthstorm, and you will perform (much) better (and also exchange 1 or 2 of the other gems with 20 expertise, so that you get at 22-24 expertise.).
    Yeah, My expertise atm is horrid. I was thinking of getting me the sword off of onyxia to help boost it up while I find me better gear with expertise on it.

Thanks a lot for making this great guide.

I'm just now switching from arms to fury, 3.3 is right around the corner and great weapons will be a dime a dozen. Right now I'm using the failboat Reckoning and Edge of Ruin :\

Im currently using Darkmoon Card: Greatness and Grim Toll. I was soft capped in ArP with the Grim Toll in Battle Stance+T9 set bonus. In Berserker Stance I am ~16% from the softcap. I am over the hit cap sadly and my expertise is 27/23 I believe. I have the million dollar question everyone wonders, would I be better off gemming for strength or armor pen to the soft cap? I know in Battle Stance ArP would still be more valuable even after the 3.2.2 nerf but since Improved Berserker Stance scales strength would it be better?

The World of Warcraft Armory

thank you. also, why did they make boots so hard to come by :\

landsoul's spreadsheet will tell you exactly what you need to know for that sort of question:

Landsoul’s Spreadsheet

I didn't see Haste mentioned in the guide and I have a couple of questions.

As a bit of a backgorund, I took a 6 month break from WoW and then reactivated a month ago. In that time I've steadily been replacing all my ilevel 219/226 gear with 232/245 gear. Several HUGE upgrades that have come to me have Haste on them.

Namely: Chestplate of the Frostwolf Hero - Item - World of Warcraft, Gormok's Band - Item - World of Warcraft and Worldcarver - Item - World of Warcraft. Despite the seemingly crappy itemization on those pieces I picked them up because they all replaced ilevel 219 pieces.

I don't know much about how haste works for Fury warriors. Does it only speed up my white swings or does it do anything to speed up my GCD? How bad of a stat is it, exactly?

I'm looking to replace Worldcarver with Sharpened Obsidian Edged Blade - Item - World of Warcraft ASAP but that's up to the RNG at this point. As for my chest... unless I can find another source of hit I may be stuck with it. Would you replace Chestplate of the Frostwolf Hero - Item - World of Warcraft with an ilevel 232 or 226 chest that had crit/armor pen instead of haste? Or does the bigger stat budget more than make up for the haste?

I haven't been able to raid with that new Haste chestpiece yet so I don't know if it'll be a DPS increase/decrease over the T8.5 chest I replaced.
    Last edited by Skyborn; 11-19-2009 at 08:59 AM.

haste is a pretty mediocre stat compared to the other ones we use. it's just above hit post soft cap because it will increase your heroic strike frequency. but other than that it's pretty much just a stat that is nice if it happens to be on an item that's an upgrade, but by no means is it something you want to go out of your way to itemize for.

+ Reply to Thread