+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: Wotlk Fury Warrior Guide

Originally Posted by Thegreatme
    Honestly it's easier to just learn to only hit slam when you have a Slam! proc, instead of trying to work around a macro.
    I created a specific filter using Satrina's Buff Frames. It shows the cd of the Bloodsurge proc, as well as the stacks. It's very clear if it's a t10 proc or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamfist View Post
    Elitistjerks deleted the fury warrior thread
    No, it just hasn't had any posts in 30 days and fell off the default thread view. Change the view settings at the bottom of the page on EJ.

Wow, no posts in a month - - - ok I have a question. I was watching a video of the LK 10 man fight and on it (not your 10 man vid) the Fury warrior was just spamming cleave and Heroci Strike, with the WW, BT coming off CD. I also recently have noticed a few other warriors on my realm doing the same thing.
    just to be clear, nothing has changed with regards to the rotation here I seem however I wanted to ask if you have noticed that as well, and if you have any thoughts on the idea of spamming HS and cleave (which I don't really see how that can do any real good on single target) and abandoning the standard rotation.
    p.s. if that's a stupid question, I'm apologize - but it makes me curious.
    thanks

If your gear can viably generate enough rage so that you can achieve 100% HSF (heroic strike frequency), landsouls spreadsheet will tell you if you are or not, then you can pretty much spam it as fast as possible to get the most use of the HS bug.

Chances are though the warrior you watched didn't have the gear to be doing this and was making one of the most common mistakes that fury warriors make, which is not managing their rage properly (IE spamming HS willy nilly then not having enough rage to do your normal rotation).

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

if its at all possible how about we have someone post a dps guide who can do 10-15k on a boss consistenly for a few minutes and then give us a guide how to playe, gem and talent spec as a warrior thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyJr View Post
    if its at all possible how about we have someone post a dps guide who can do 10-15k on a boss consistenly for a few minutes and then give us a guide how to playe, gem and talent spec as a warrior thanks
    ???

How about you read this guide, follow its excellent directions and do it yourself ? The next week - you can forget about it all and try to understand the implications for fury of patch 4.0.1 and possibly participate in the following discussions ?

Oh the irony
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqg2kJrXIEg

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Thegreatme of Legion of Stone!
    Con Brio is recruiting! Look within for details. www.conbrioguild.org
    Mage Guide Author
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...skies/advanced

since you are all"Leets" then lets see some of that leetness....omit that...but if you are pros id like to see a post and not trying to be a dick im a bit of a noob so in simple terms how to double my dps wuld be nice...im on wow-heroes..US ..Shattered Halls..Ceridion...thats my gear..gemming ...weapon etc....i find i am ok but 10-15k single target is far off...it's be nice but far off if someone can help me get to there much appreciated...and to the above guy saying he sees fury warriors spamming Heroic Strike i believe...i went to World of Logs and the tops Warrior Dpsers do that too...if i think of something else later ill post....dps tips pls thanks
    You...do realize that an armory is only oh so much to help you with right?

The fact remains this: You didn't really even link a parse of any sorts that we can help you with your DPS so we don't even know what you are doing right and wrong. And you are saying that you are doing okay. This is what in numbers: 7k? 8K? 9? Too general gives us less of an idea of what to work.

If you brought up some sort of parse of what you are doing like something out of WoL (World of Logs) or WoW Web Stats (WWS), that could go some way to see your breakdown and tell you what you're doing right/wrong.

Also, showing you videos and stuff about doing dps will do nothing of the sort to help you. You will see numbers and you will see the parsing at the end showing the dps. Videos can only go oh so far to help you out and in the end you need to really read, analyze and understand your parsing and realize what you are doing right/wrong.

Personally, I know I sometimes ragestarve myself and I find myself missing some key timing for skills. Which in the end throws me down in the DPS factor. Furthermore, doing a 10 man with not all the buffs I should have to help out, plus not using my skills at the right time. (I have a dink of a Shaman that rarely tells me when he blows Bloodlust, which is annoying), all come up to a dps loss.

So you see, it's a lot more than just here's my armory, give me tips. We can say if you're gemming right wrong, if you are over one stat, or if you're missing enchants. But that's about it. The true power of analyzing, and I'm telling you this because you said you're a bit of a 'noob', is to understand the breakdown of a parsing, see where you are going wrong, and fix it.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

So Sonny, after a quick glance at your armory, I see tons wrong.

1) wow-heroes shows you as Arms/Prot
    2) Your back isn't enchanted
    3) You gemmed full strength, without even bothering to activate your meta gem
    4) The warriors all over the top on world of logs are in BiS (Best in Slot) or near BiS, meaning full 277's and ilvl 284 weapons. Your gear is nowhere close.
    5) The records are gotten in raid groups in which all the players are BiS or near BiS, so that the fight length is significantly shorter, so there is a greater uptime on powerful buffs such as Bloodlust/heroism
    6) You are very far under expertise cap, which for arms isn't as crucial, however you have to be expertise capped for fury. In arms, much of your lost damage due to a dodge can be made up for with an Overpower. Fury has no such mechanic to recover from a dodge.

Still, you have already said in several posts that you dont play anymore. You cant do any dps if you don't play. If you return to the game, fix your gems, get a proper fury spec, clean up your grammar and post coherent sentences, then maybe some people will be willing to help you.

anyone been on the ptr who have a good idea on the new talent tree spec for fury warriors in the new patch?

PTR Fury Warrior

I've been working in the PTR on my Fury Warrior, for the last several days. I have also been reading up on what others have been saying about Fury Warriors on the PTR, for some time now.

There remains a major "unknown factor." and that is where the true value of Mastery will lie. Hit Rating up to the hard cap of 26% seems to out-pace haste for threat generation. However, from about 18% Hit rating to 26% Hit Rating, Hit is only very marginally superior for threat generation than Haste and Haste is slightly better for pure dps gain from 18% Hit on.

However, as far as gems go, Strength will be the only 1:1 ratio to dps gain stat. So Strength will be better than either haste or Hit, so long as you have enough incoming rage to not be rage starved (and rage starvation has been a major issue).
    Here is my preliminary report. This is not copied from another source, but instead my best guesstimate at this time, based on what I know:

DPS Gain By Point of Stat, Assuming Sufficient Rage Flow:
    Strength = 1
    Crit = 0.7 (up to ~45% Crit rating)
    Haste = 0.6
    Hit = 0.58 (up to 26% Hit rating)

Rage Per Second (RPS) Gain by Point of Stat, Assuming Over Soft Hit Cap:
    Hit = 1
    Haste = 0.88
    Strength = 0.6 (becomes more beneficial with larger amounts, I think)
    Crit = 0.58

Since most socket bonuses for use are +strength and since we will have to sacrific some dps (strength) in order to add rage generation, I'm leaning towards matching sockets for the socket bonuses.

-Blue sockets: you have a purple gem with +10 Hit/+10 Strength this is perfect.

-Yellow Sockets: you have +10 Strength/+10 Haste (haste next best to Hit for rage and slightly better than hit for dps).
    -NOTE: The old +10 Strength/+10 Crit gems; crit seems to not be much if any better for dps than haste and haste also helps with rage more, so I'm leaning away from crit gems--get crit from gear stats).

-Red Sockets: you will want to go +20 Strength all the way here.

By matching sockets like this, you get at least +10 Strength in every socket and +20 Strength in each red socket, plus a +4/6/8 Strength socket bonus on each gear piece, plus +10 Hit or +10 Haste from each blue and yellow socket to add some dps and help with generating more steady rage flow.

After gemming like this, if you have at least 18% Hit Rating, then I suggest Reforging any piece with Haste, into Mastery. if your below 18% Hit rating, you'll likely want to reforge for some extra Hit (though I'm not sure if it would be best to leave all your haste and reforge some Crit into Hit, so you gain rage from all your haste plus whatever Crit you reforge into hit--things we won't know for sure, until Landsoul's new dps spreadsheet is out).
    Last edited by WarriorTanks; 10-11-2010 at 09:27 PM.

Unless I am missing something drastically important here (which is entirely possible), I fail to see how hit is better than haste past once you are past the soft hit cap, or even the other way around for that matter.

1% hit = your attacks miss 1% less of the time = a 1% net gain of hits on the target
    1% haste = your attacks occur 1% more often = a 1% net gain of hits on the target

either way, the net damage increase, and the net RPS increase will be the same.

strength has a RPS value of 0 because they aren't variables in the rage equation.

EDIT: also if I get time I will probably make a quick 4.0 fury guide for youtube. If I do make one it will probably be hosted on my personal youtube channel (not the tankspot one). I'll make a post in the thread with a link to it if I do in fact make one.

EDIT 2: after I decided to actually think, yea crit does factor in to the rage equation due to flurry up times, but currently it is going to be nearly pointless to guess at it's value for rage generation.

uptime= 1-(1-c)^n, c is crit chance, n is number of hits. n commonly is set at ~4, but with the new rotation model it could very easily fluctuate between 4 and 8, so a lot of testing needs to be done before we can accurately calculate change in flurry up time per 1% crit at a given crit chance. and because flurry up times experience diminishing returns per 1% crit, it means it will be better used in a spreadsheet or some other type of sim.
    Last edited by Thegreatme; 10-12-2010 at 08:06 AM.

I agree that crit affects flurry uptime to improve rage generation, but once you are past 35% crit the improvement on flurry uptime is minimal. If you are below 35% crit and your flurry uptime isn't as good, then crit will be more valuable for rage generation. I would think at level 85 that the first thing a Fury warrior would want to do would be to soft cap hit, then to get his crit up to about 35% to have a decent flurry uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronninn View Post
    I agree that crit affects flurry uptime to improve rage generation, but once you are past 35% crit the improvement on flurry uptime is minimal. If you are below 35% crit and your flurry uptime isn't as good, then crit will be more valuable for rage generation. I would think at level 85 that the first thing a Fury warrior would want to do would be to soft cap hit, then to get his crit up to about 35% to have a decent flurry uptime.
    unfortunately it's not that simple
    35% hasn't ever really been an accurate cut off for flurry up time. assuming 4 hits per 3 swings after 40%, 1% crit will no longer result in a 1% higher flurry uptime. if you change the attacks per 3 swings to 8, which is about the max possible to achieve with SMF according to my models, after 36% each additional 1% will result in <1% additional flurry up time. there is a ton of modeling I need to do so I can figure out an accurate value for attacks per 3 swings.

after cataclysm the hit rating will be 24%.. so the current 8% still works?

there's soft hit caps and hard hit caps for dual wielding, nothing has been said that these will change. you cap for soft hit and prioritize your stats elsewhere, because offhand landing hits, are less important than hitting with all other abilities faster/harder/double. BUT, for enrage/rage concerns, it's possible, that hit does move up on the priority of stats. I'll leave it to the greater minds of TGM and others to figure it out. I'll be busy swinging my 2 hander as arms...
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 10-12-2010 at 04:19 PM.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikenoobs View Post
    Sorry if you had said stuff about it, and I just did not listen, or if there is a thread for it, but could you have a list of some of the best addons for fury warriors as of 3.2.2?
    DBM and Omen3. Anything else is for vanity and totally unnecessary.

Heya People,

So my hit percentage is at 20% after reforging crit for hit. I will now have to gem for hit until I hit the cap correct? So should I put +20 hit gems ONLY in the blue sockets?

My crit is 33.63 with SHOUT on, is that okay?

My haste is 20.52

Could anybody tell me the proper rotation? I feel like im just pressing buttons haha

Kind regards

The mechanics of rage is the key to the current problem. If u miss an autoattack u don't get rage and u don't do dps. Was looking on my recount from Ignis last night. 40% of the damage was from melee, 18% BT and 16% HS. Guess I would be able to spam HS if my autoattacks did not miss. A guildie fury also said he would go for full hit before working on any other stat.
    Maybe the plan is for all classes to have full hit instead of the soft hit.

As a side note, both of us fury in our guild usually are on the 5 top slots in dps. Yeasterday we were 16 and 17 and nearly beaten by a pala tank... It goes without saying that we been nerfed.
    If the world didn't suck.
    We all fall off...

+ Reply to Thread