+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Wotlk Fury Warrior Guide

11% miss rate?

the miss rate is only 8%

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    11% miss rate?

the miss rate is only 8%

it was on a thread in elitist jerks, I actually should post this there, nvm, I apologize.
    Last edited by gonlaz; 03-16-2010 at 10:31 AM.

Lo guys!

been lucky and got my hands (and feet) on some nice upgrades that now make me 100% armpen capped, but sadly i only now got 9expertise ><

SO i guess what im wondering about regarding my gear is the following:

A) Should i use the 251 boots from icc to lift my expertise over the 264 ones?
    B) is it worth for me gemming some expertise and will that lift my dps?(is expertise realy that important? standing behind boss and pew pew..)
    C)any suggestion to upgrades i should be prioritizing?

My plans ahead is to get the necklace from Blood queen that got expertise and arm pen, swap my cloak with the might of the ocean serpent and snatch the waistpice from dreamwalker as im more comfy wearing plate items ^^

BUT even though my Gearscore is high il gladly take some pointers to how i can upper my performance as a good player never is happy, chasing the better all the time

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...hadgar&cn=Conn

Quote Originally Posted by gonlaz View Post
    it was on a thread in elitist jerks, I actually should post this there, nvm, I apologize.
    Not that EJ isn't an awesome resource, but check the time stamp on a lot of their info, they have a tendency to merge threads into the same thread sometimes, and info can become convoluted in the sea of postings, not to mention, the 11% miss cap on Fury was originaly there because TG used to give 5% extra miss, added to the 9% (at the time this was the base miss chance) it was 14% - 3% precision = 11%. But we've since found out that blizzard made changes to miss mechanics that effectively reduced the hit cap by 1% (brings it from 9% to 8%) and then they changed the TG nerf from 5% miss to just a flat 10% less damage. So 8% miss chance = 3/3 precision = 5% miss chance for yellows.

i thought it was a 10% extra chance to miss before they dropped the penalty and then once they saw how op it was they added the 10% dmg nerf to it...

either way, yeh 8% hit is the cap right now for special melee attacks (yellow damage). anything that says otherwise is old information.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Can anyone gauge my performance as Fury so far? This week I pulled about 11k as Fury and even though I'm still using Greatness Card, I think its a bit low for my gear level. I'm a bit disappointed since if you check a the log in the begining of the month I pulled like 10.7k as Arms. The only mistake I've figured out so far is that I've been double Indestructable potting instead of using a Speed Potion, there are also those frustrating times where I use stance dance to Rend only to see a Slam proc from a HS....
    As for Slam Procs basic rule of thumb I've been following is using it only when it doesn't push back BT or Whirlwind more then .5 seconds.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l.../?s=797&e=1018

Warrior is Kroanen of Gurubashi

the theoretical dps threshold for fury according to kamigami (sp?) is like 12k or so, so 11k and still using greatness card is pretty impressive.

I must have 13K I MUST BEAT OUR OBNOXIOUS RET PALADIN ELITIST PRICK!!!

the theoretical dps threshold for fury according to kamigami (sp?) is like 12k or so, so 11k and still using greatness card is pretty impressive.
    landsouls spreadsheet with BiS gear+shadowmourne, and 1000 incoming DPS (to simulate festergut) is saying alliance is capping out at 13820.7085 DPS and horde is capping out at 13748.1763 DPS, the only reason the numbers are different is because horde have to use more str/hit gems due to not having draenei's and alliance can use those sockets for str/haste gems. these numbers obviously going to change quite a bit when the speadsheet is updated to accurately model shadowmourne.

keep in mind that these numbers are with out adding in the zone buff. I remember looking at BiS DPS with the 30% and it was seriously like 18k+

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Just wondering, should I be pushing back WW or BT by .5 for Execute like I would Slam?

I wouldn't. I see Execute as purely a GCD filler when slam hasn't procced and you've got so much rage it's getting wasted (on fights like Festergut for example).

That's just me gut feeling on it, I'll defer to TGM on this one if he disagrees :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    Just wondering, should I be pushing back WW or BT by .5 for Execute like I would Slam?
    my gut feeling says that depending on your gear, it might be more DPS to allow for more than 0.5s of pushback, but because execute scales horribly compared to our other abilities, I have a feeling it would not be viable in BiS settings. Personally I have been just filling my GCD table sub 20% lately so I know for a fact that I have been causing <0.5s of pushback due to execute. I don't really notice a loss in DPS but it's not a massive increase in DPS sub 20% either. I would also suspect that having/not having your 4pc t10 would make a big difference because more slams=less executes.

I have a feeling that I am going to end up doing some math on this...

what ever the case is, the DPS loss/gain for execute+pushback is more than likely going to be much less drastic than it is for slam+pushback

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

yup, it's math time.

still using my BiS gear loadout in the spreadsheet:

avg BT damage: 11371.49
    avg WW damage: 15201.60
    avg 15r exec damage: 6819.06

using a few of the "worst case scenario's"

2 executes in the rotation with the most pushback normally available (identical to the 3 slam rotation just with executes at 4.5 and 7.5):
    +3executes
    1.0s BT pushback
    1.0s WW pushback
    11371.49/4=2842.8725
    15201.60/8=1900.2
    2842.8725+1900.2=4743.0725 effective damage lost to pushback
    2(6819.06)=13638.12 damage done by executes
    13638.12-4743.0725=8895.0475 effective damage gained from executes

every other combination of executes/pushback is comming up with the same sort of results.

long story short, use every GCD possible sub 20%. I would say though that if you use rend in your rotation you should rend > execute, provided the boss will not die before rend goes it's full rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyborn View Post
    How exactly does the t10 4 piece bonus work? I know you get an extra slam (and I think it extends the window you have to use the instant slam) but is it also off the GCD?
    Well, as far as I can tell, the T10 4 set allows for the possibility of gaining a bloodsurge proc, off a bloodsurge that has proc'd off of Heroic strike or whatever.
    For example, lets say you gain bloodsurge and your audio begins to scream "PERFECT!!!!!". When and if you hit your Slam (which btw has a longer window now due to the fourset) an RNG will determine weather or not that bloodsurge just procd another one.
    If it did, and your audio (or power aura's or whatever) alerts you to it again, you decide to take it and hit a second slam, it will gain a haste buff lowering the duration of its GCD by a third.
    So, Bloodsurge procs, you hit it, and begin a 1.5 second GCD. As your GCD makes its revolution you're alerted to a second bloodsurge, you hit that one at a reduced GCD of 1 second.

^ Awesome ty, very helpful response.

Quote Originally Posted by Shantelle View Post
    Well, as far as I can tell, the T10 4 set allows for the possibility of gaining a bloodsurge proc, off a bloodsurge that has proc'd off of Heroic strike or whatever.
    For example, lets say you gain bloodsurge and your audio begins to scream "PERFECT!!!!!". When and if you hit your Slam (which btw has a longer window now due to the fourset) an RNG will determine weather or not that bloodsurge just procd another one.
    If it did, and your audio (or power aura's or whatever) alerts you to it again, you decide to take it and hit a second slam, it will gain a haste buff lowering the duration of its GCD by a third.
    So, Bloodsurge procs, you hit it, and begin a 1.5 second GCD. As your GCD makes its revolution you're alerted to a second bloodsurge, you hit that one at a reduced GCD of 1 second.
    so what you are saying is that t10 x4 is BIS for fury atm?

Quote Originally Posted by helmerzinho View Post
    so what you are saying is that t10 x4 is BIS for fury atm?
    even without the proc the pieces are bis due to the stats.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Hahah Destruyen, I feel like you say that once a day, minimum.

Not that EJ isn't an awesome resource, but check the time stamp on a lot of their info, they have a tendency to merge threads into the same thread sometimes, and info can become convoluted in the sea of postings, not to mention, the 11% miss cap on Fury was originaly there because TG used to give 5% extra miss, added to the 9% (at the time this was the base miss chance) it was 14% - 3% precision = 11%. But we've since found out that blizzard made changes to miss mechanics that effectively reduced the hit cap by 1% (brings it from 9% to 8%) and then they changed the TG nerf from 5% miss to just a flat 10% less damage. So 8% miss chance = 3/3 precision = 5% miss chance for yellows.
    Thanks again, and yeah their threads are a bunch of cluster f**ks so I don't go there often. I think I must have latency issues or something (although my latency almost never goes red, it's green most of the time) because I can do 11k in ICC trash but on marrowgar and deathwhisper I was still only doing 4k, then on Saurfang my numbers took a shit as I mentioned in the other thread.

How much does frame rate/Latency hurt, I mean other than the obvious - the screen isn't moving, I don't have that problem, I flow well enough...that saurfang though, that really bothers me - it's very possible that I just need to upgrade my equipment for the better numbers because I am following the advice here and I have the gear too.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyborn View Post
    Hahah Destruyen, I feel like you say that once a day, minimum.
    pretty much
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

+ Reply to Thread