+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 699

Thread: Wotlk Fury Warrior Guide

  1. #281
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6
    Hello,

    Lately I have been really confused and even a bit scray what is going on with my fury warrior, is it just me or is there been some noticable patch change I haven't notice or is god playing with my mind, I don't really know so I had to do this post.

    I have lots of questions but this is the main reason I made this post: http://i48.tinypic.com/eb8pqs.jpg

    That was a 50 hit test on dummy, check out the numbers on average hit and crit on the abilities and compare them to each others. I'v also had a conversation with a warrior who was calculating that BT does better damage then WW, and as you see in my picture he might just be right about that, the thing is just how realistic that is in other words how many hits I really would need to do to have the most realistic numbers. However day after that I did new test with 150 hit of every ability and the avg results was pretty much the same.

    So as you can see from best to worst it goes: Exe -> BT -> HS/Slam -> WW

    Can this be true, that WW is actually that bad or was this testing just bad luck?
    Last edited by Fueudam; 01-13-2010 at 02:01 AM.

  2. #282
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sartell, MN
    Posts
    850
    which target dummy did you use? you also have to keep in mind that each ability scales a bit differently with raid buffs, and execute generally scales the worst with AP so raid buffs can change that hierarchy a lot.

    |TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"


  3. #283
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Breadtalk View Post
    Hmm..that mean i going to change my NES with greatness first..since i can't get in pug raid before i have some decent dps.

    Btw if someone is free this is my The World of Warcraft Armory
    correct me if i made a mistake some where =P
    I would lose the mark of supremacy as you don't need the hit rating. Id also not gem for expertise and try to get the lady's promise ring from H POS to make up the difference in expertise. Your armor pen is good, but you may actually have a better SEP with gemming pure strength as your ap isn't very high.
    Martinbishop

  4. #284
    thanks for the advice martinbishop ^^ I been trying to get that ring..seems like no luck for it to drop. About the SEP thingy i try on Landsouls spreadsheet, with armor pen gem i got about 2+ sep but with str gem it around 1.7+ sep that the part which confuse me, higher the sep is better?

  5. #285
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    29

    Sep

    Quote Originally Posted by Breadtalk View Post
    thanks for the advice martinbishop ^^ I been trying to get that ring..seems like no luck for it to drop. About the SEP thingy i try on Landsouls spreadsheet, with armor pen gem i got about 2+ sep but with str gem it around 1.7+ sep that the part which confuse me, higher the sep is better?
    Then ARM PEN would be better(yes the higher the SEP the better)..however if you are going to replace NES with Greatness your SEP would be better with strength I'll bet.
    Martinbishop

  6. #286
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, ON, Canada
    Posts
    7,442
    Been looking over Fury stats with Landsoul...

    ...Care to tell me why when I plug in my toon, it tells me to start with BT and not WW and go BT > WW > Slam! > HS?

    Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

    "Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24


  7. #287
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    your moms house
    Posts
    1,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Krenian View Post
    Been looking over Fury stats with Landsoul...

    ...Care to tell me why when I plug in my toon, it tells me to start with BT and not WW and go BT > WW > Slam! > HS?
    It probably has something to do with your weapon damage.
    WW does weapon damage
    BT does a set value based on AP

    My guess is that your BT does much higher damage with minimal buffs then WW does, so it wants you to start with it.

  8. #288
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, ON, Canada
    Posts
    7,442
    Quote Originally Posted by squats View Post
    It probably has something to do with your weapon damage.
    WW does weapon damage
    BT does a set value based on AP

    My guess is that your BT does much higher damage with minimal buffs then WW does, so it wants you to start with it.

    Fully raid buff, 25 man raid setup, it still asked me to start with BT so no, it's not that.

    And I think a 251+232 weapon is enough to warrent good enough weaponry for my character therefore again, I'm not sure if it's either the methods we are calculating or Landsoul that is wrong. It seriously looks on his breakdown that HS is your main attack, followed by BT and WW.

    Furthermore, Landsoul still suggests you use Execute in your rotation as it should be around 10% of your damage if I can recall. Take a look and see.

    Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

    "Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24


  9. #289
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatme View Post
    which target dummy did you use? you also have to keep in mind that each ability scales a bit differently with raid buffs, and execute generally scales the worst with AP so raid buffs can change that hierarchy a lot.
    It was IC dummy (ToC area). Well yes but shouldn't the rotation go the way it would be at the damage without buffs, or well it depends on the raid group, are the buffs always same or different, but in my situation it changes pretty much everytime (10man). Anyway, I'm gonna make test on Festergut next time we raid and I'll check out the avg stats again.

    EDIT: Couln't sit in my pants so I took a random fury warrior (with good DPS) and made quick ability comparison: http://i48.tinypic.com/viyvc.jpg

    So here the situation is totally different, first of all WW damage in extremely high compared to others, execute doesn't seem to be so good afterall, however he didn't have execute glyph or talents, here is spec: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft
    Last edited by Fueudam; 01-14-2010 at 06:56 AM.

  10. #290
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    your moms house
    Posts
    1,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Krenian View Post
    Fully raid buff, 25 man raid setup, it still asked me to start with BT so no, it's not that.

    And I think a 251+232 weapon is enough to warrent good enough weaponry for my character therefore again, I'm not sure if it's either the methods we are calculating or Landsoul that is wrong. It seriously looks on his breakdown that HS is your main attack, followed by BT and WW.

    Furthermore, Landsoul still suggests you use Execute in your rotation as it should be around 10% of your damage if I can recall. Take a look and see.
    Im told to do BT first. IDK. i can set up a custom rotation and see if my dps goes up or down.. ill get back to this.

    EDIT: it looks to me like it always says to BT off the bat.
    Last edited by squats; 01-14-2010 at 12:38 AM.

  11. #291
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sartell, MN
    Posts
    850
    using BT at the start of the rotation doesn't really change a lot. it works very similar to starting with WW.

    there are two main paths that starting with BT first follows:
    the first path is if you get have a Slam! proc you can use at 3.0
    0.0 BT
    1.5 WW
    3.0 Slam
    4.5 BT (note that BT is pushed back 0.5)
    6.0 Free GCD (ideally slam)
    7.5 Wait 1s
    8.5 BT
    10.0 WW (note that WW is pushed back 0.5)

    the other path is if you do not have a Slam! proc you can use at 3.0

    0.0 BT
    1.5 WW
    3.0 Wait 1s
    4.0 BT
    5.5 Free GCD (ideally slam)
    7.0 Wait 1s
    8.0 BT (treat this as 0.0)
    9.5 WW

    now statistically you are going to end up following the second path much more often than the first path.

    I honestly don't know why landsoul uses BT first in the calculations, because if you compare it to WW first on a 9.5s time scale, they are the inverse of eachother (WW first is exactly the same just backwards compared to BT first):
    0.0 BT-----0.0 WW
    1.5 WW---1.5 BT
    3.0 Wait---3.0 Slam
    4.0 BT-----4.5 wait
    5.5 slam---5.5 BT
    7.0 wait----7.0 wait
    8.0 BT------8.0 WW
    9.5 WW----9.5 BT
    (note that that you can switch the first slam/1s wait in the WW first rotation around because it's really a 2.5s free block of time)

    also with the 2 slam rotations there is basically no difference.

    0.0 WW
    1.5 BT
    3.0 slam
    4.5 wait
    5.5 BT
    7.0 slam
    8.5 WW(note that WW is pushed back 0.5)
    10.0 BT (note that BT is pushed back 0.5)



    in conclusion there is no real difference between using BT first and using WW first, you will still have the same basic rotations, you will have the same amount of wait periods, and the same amount of push back. it's basically just a personal preference on which one you choose.

    |TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"


  12. #292
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, ON, Canada
    Posts
    7,442
    That explains a couple of things then. I just wasn't sure why they were saying BT first and you were saying WW first. I figured it's because you want to get as many WWs in as possible, seeing it's the higher damage, but then I'd look at Landsoul's and see WW being in third place in damage done and pretty much had a blank look and saying "What in the blue hell..."

    So in order of damage, it looks like the breakdown for Fury should look something like this:

    Heroic Strike
    Blood Thirst
    Melee
    Whirlwind
    Deep Wounds
    Slam

    ...that's kinda weird to see one of our skills that they 'incorporate' into Fury be so low, below a bleed kind of low..Borked mechanics are borked imo.

    Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

    "Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24


  13. #293
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    272
    use ww first since it has a longer cooler

  14. #294
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sartell, MN
    Posts
    850
    Quote Originally Posted by greendragonempire View Post
    use ww first since it has a longer cooler
    it really doesn't matter either way. you will still end up with the same BT usage and the same WW usage, starting with BT vs WW has no effect on it.

    |TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"


  15. #295
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    england, dorset
    Posts
    4
    hey guys just wanted to ask atm my rotation for bosses in icc and toc is rage abilitys at the start and then the usual. BT-WW-SLAM(IF PROCS)-HS, currently i am spamming hs in between my cds for bt and ww as well as doing proc slam whenever i have. i have tried only using hs when i need to dump rage but it is quite a large dps decrease, can i have some advice pls. my chars name is skullz. on the eu realm of frostmane if you want to check my gear

  16. #296
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, ON, Canada
    Posts
    7,442
    Quote Originally Posted by skullz View Post
    hey guys just wanted to ask atm my rotation for bosses in icc and toc is rage abilitys at the start and then the usual. BT-WW-SLAM(IF PROCS)-HS, currently i am spamming hs in between my cds for bt and ww as well as doing proc slam whenever i have. i have tried only using hs when i need to dump rage but it is quite a large dps decrease, can i have some advice pls. my chars name is skullz. on the eu realm of frostmane if you want to check my gear

    You're overusing your HS if you're losing DPS with HS. you're starving yourself and delaying your skills. that's about the only answer I can give you. Try using less HS and more of your main skills. When you get around 55 Rage, then queue HS.

    Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

    "Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24


  17. #297
    @martinbishop
    thanks for the tip,after i change to +20 str gem i notice the dps output is much more stable and increase.Still saving gold for card of greatness =P

    Btw should i get the +10str + 10crit gem for some of my slot ?

  18. #298
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8
    I usually put in 10str10crit gems in orange/yellow slots if the bonuses are nice like extra stror arp. But otherwise i try to use a 20plus gem,,either arp or str.

    TGM? Ive seen that u are gemming pure arp now. Do u feel if thats a dps increase or are u pushing the same numbers as before?

    Cheers

    /Jay

  19. #299
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    29

    Yellow gems

    Quote Originally Posted by Breadtalk View Post
    @martinbishop
    thanks for the tip,after i change to +20 str gem i notice the dps output is much more stable and increase.Still saving gold for card of greatness =P

    Btw should i get the +10str + 10crit gem for some of my slot ?
    If the gem bonus is +6 or better then a split gem (10 str 10 crit) is a good choice. If it's below that then just gem a regular +20.
    Since the runestone seems to be the best for switching all gems to armpen I would wait till you had that trinket to do so.
    Martinbishop-Hakkar

  20. #300
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    your moms house
    Posts
    1,619
    Quote Originally Posted by martinbishop View Post
    If the gem bonus is +6 or better then a split gem (10 str 10 crit) is a good choice. If it's below that then just gem a regular +20.
    Since the runestone seems to be the best for switching all gems to armpen I would wait till you had that trinket to do so.
    Martinbishop-Hakkar
    Id use the spread sheet before just passing over a yellow socket (if its pared with a red socket). Depending on your current crit level the SEP of crit can be over 1 and it would be worth using an inscribed amitrine gem even if the socket bonus is just 4 str.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts