+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Wotlk Fury Warrior Guide

If you have a trinket that allows you to soft cap, all my tests on spreadsheets through various tiers of gear (since Arp was made viable) have shown that Arp has a 1+ SEP value till the softcap, so in my opinion I'd go for it. Gear is dripping in so much strength these days your AP level shouldn't be too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponttan View Post
    TGM i wonder, the most people i see who actually gem arp are really good geared people who got close to 5k ap even without str gems so i wonder should i gem arp when i got 5k without str gems or is arp better at any moment?
    when deciding whether or not to gem arp it's not about how much AP you have,but about how much ArP you will have. you want to be as close tot he hard cap as you can be.

You are right in saying that most of the people gemming arp right now are very well geared because currently only people who have hardmode ToC25 gear are going to be able to get really close to the hard cap.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

In OP post, one quick comment on HS.

A) It's affected by impale and DW
    B) It removes glancing blows
    C) It increases MH chance to hit since it's a special attack.

That being said, it should never ruin rage for other attacks.

i have the trinket deathbringer's will. i should gem strenght as it is a pure ArP trinket or go straight to ArP cap at 100% ?

here it is my armory profile
    The World of Warcraft Armory

thanks in advance
    Last edited by andreadik; 01-05-2010 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andreadik View Post
    i have the trinket deathbringer's will. i should gem strenght as it is a pure ArP trinket or go straight to ArP cap at 100% ?

here it is my armory profile

thanks in advance
    Hi all!

Same here ...

Yesterday I got DBW. I also have NES and greatness.

A. Now I equiped NES and DBW and full str gems. if (two) arp procs together I reach 143% arp aprox if just DBW proc I reach 95% aprox and just with NES 89%.

B. Should I equip DBW & Greatness (or go to DV, etc..) and go for full arp gems?

For now I choose "A" and wasted 43% of arp if two trinkets proc ARP.

P.D.: I know, I have to upgrade my english too

Hi,

Is the 4th set bonus from T9 important to get? Or is it better to get the offset items?This is the bonus i am talking about.

(4) Set: Increases the critical strike chance of your Slam and Heroic Strike abilities by 5%.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkraveR View Post
    Hi,

Is the 4th set bonus from T9 important to get? Or is it better to get the offset items?This is the bonus i am talking about.

(4) Set: Increases the critical strike chance of your Slam and Heroic Strike abilities by 5%.
    yes it's pretty important. it makes t9 better than a decent amount of similar ilevel offset pieces. one example I'm dealing with personally is the fact that even though the 251 T10 shoulders are better than the 245 T9 shoulders I can't use them because it would break my 4set, so I have to wait until I get another piece

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by Heimdär View Post
    A. Now I equiped NES and DBW and full str gems. if (two) arp procs together I reach 143% arp aprox if just DBW proc I reach 95% aprox and just with NES 89%.

B. Should I equip DBW & Greatness (or go to DV, etc..) and go for full arp gems?

For now I choose "A" and wasted 43% of arp if two trinkets proc ARP.

P.D.: I know, I have to upgrade my english too
    I would play around in the spreadsheet. I have a feeling if you gemmed full arp and had a DBW you would be rather close to the hardcap, but it depends on how many sockets you have.

Is there such a thing as too much haste for a warrior? If so, what's that number?

Quote Originally Posted by gonlaz View Post
    Is there such a thing as too much haste for a warrior? If so, what's that number?
    as much as you can without going out of your way to get it.

Thanks for the work on the guide. It was a good refresher for me as I'm getting back into DPS after a long time of tanking.

Hi, everyone
    I'm a fury warrior and a newbie to tankspot. I don't know whether it's the right place to ask my question, but I do need your help. Thanks in advance. .
    Here's my character info:
    My GS is 4899. My DPS is about 4k5 in a 25N-TOC. Is that too low on those gears?
    My rotation is : WW->BT->BT-WW
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatme View Post
    as much as you can without going out of your way to get it.
    Whats your opinion on the frost badge haste trinket over greatness+runestone/nes

Quote Originally Posted by greendragonempire View Post
    Whats your opinion on the frost badge haste trinket over greatness+runestone/nes
    it's more than likely better than NES, and possibly better than greatness, not too sure about runestone though

NES vs runestone

Why is runestone better when NES has more crit and has more arpen per proc? IS the proc rate higher on the runestone?
    Martinbishop-Hakkar

Hey there fellow dps warriors!
    After reading thorugh all these 14 pages and DL'ing Landsouls spreadsheet I still have a DPS problem. My current dps wont increase over 6.5k.

Armory link: The World of Warcraft Armory

I got this gear laying arround in my bags to switch arround:
    Gems in it can me whatever you would suggest.

Tyrannical Beheader - Item - World of Warcraft (Weapon)
    Blood-Soaked Saronite Stompers - Item - World of Warcraft (Boots)
    Band of the Violent Temperment - Item - World of Warcraft (Ring)
    Ashen Band of Unmatched Vengeance - Item - World of Warcraft (Ring)
    Sparkling Onyxia Tooth Pendant - Item - World of Warcraft (Neck)
    Death's Verdict - Item - World of Warcraft (Trinket)
    Needle-Encrusted Scorpion - Item - World of Warcraft (Trinket)
    Darkmoon Card: Greatness - Item - World of Warcraft (Trinket)
    Titanium Spikeguards - Item - World of Warcraft (Bracers)
    Wrynn's Battleplate of Conquest - Item - World of Warcraft (Chest)

The gear im currently wearing is the one landsouls sheet suggest. I have a melee section leader telling me to drop the expertise gems and drop to 20 expertise, which I dont know how clever that is.. Also the sheet tells me Crit have a SEP +1.08 which my Section leaders also bans. STR STR STR he says...

I currently on usual boss fights pop Blood rage and berserker rage as we run in and right after DW and recklessness, then I start the usual BT-> WW -> (Slam if proc) -> Heroic strike -> Heroic strike/throw depending on CD and rage.
    I have close to zero rage problems with rage to be honest running this. Heroic strike is used with 55+ rage as a dumper.

Also as a sidenote I fall like 400 dps if I have to sunder the targets...

I think thats about it. It is really furstrating to play on 6.5k and get moaned at.
    Hope you can give me some constructive advices - Thanks for atleast trying!

/Tero'd
    Last edited by Tero; 01-11-2010 at 02:33 PM. Reason: A typo

Question on Weapon speed

Should I get 2 weapons with the same speed, or should I look for a faster/slower Mainhand/offhand. Also can you please explain some of the mechanincs of why it is better/worse to stagger or keep same weapon speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by martinbishop View Post
    Why is runestone better when NES has more crit and has more arpen per proc? IS the proc rate higher on the runestone?
    Martinbishop-Hakkar
    because NES only procs off crits, and runstone can proc off any hit.

Someone calculated it out on EJ and on an infinite timescale runestone ended up having like 3 times more uptime

Quote Originally Posted by martinbishop View Post
    Martinbishop-Hakkar
    grim toll and runestone have a higher uptime over nes due to the chance on hit versus the chance on crit that the nes has.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

NES only procs off crits, and runstone can proc off any hit
    Hmm..that mean i going to change my NES with greatness first..since i can't get in pug raid before i have some decent dps.

Btw if someone is free this is my The World of Warcraft Armory
    correct me if i made a mistake some where =P

+ Reply to Thread