+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Wotlk Fury Warrior Guide

10 Pages at this point! Long thread but I had to add my 'Gratz' for a fantastic thread.

The videos were very well done! Thegreatme indeed!
    Thankyou for the obviously considerable time and effort you've put into this thread!
    /salute
    /cast Shield Slam
    /use Hand Grenade

Quote Originally Posted by Quietsch View Post
    Again, the mace is no choice. Look at his speed, and you'll know why.
    For offhand, in most cases the agi sword should be the best choice.
    The mace is no choice because you're not even allowed to choose it if you want to. Warriors only get to pick from the swords, from what I've heard. I haven't had a battered hilt drop yet. If I do, I'm picking up the agi sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Quietsch View Post
    Again, the mace is no choice. Look at his speed, and you'll know why.
    For offhand, in most cases the agi sword should be the best choice.
    Ya I ended up getting the agi sword, and it was an easy decision since the mace wasnt offered.
    Original reason I considered it a dilema tho was due to the speed of the mace. I thought ur offhand should be a faster weapon than your main hand so as to enable more rage generation (not that Im starving for rage, but I could allways use more :O)

Quote Originally Posted by Taiva View Post
    I must be the only fury in WoW who feels that Imp Cleave is not an option but should be standard. Take a look at boss fights involving multiple targets and then realize that in those fights you replace HS with Cleave.

Without that talent Cleave will not do as much overall damage on one target as HS would on your current kill target. Imp Cleave will mean you hit 2-3 targets at the same time, each one getting hit by a HS.

Another talent often overlooked is Heroic Fury. This is not strictly a PvP talent. It works well in fights like XT, Iron Council, Hodir, Freya, Acidmaw/Dreadscale, Icehowl, Jarraxus and Faction Champs to get back into position as soon as possible by 1) breaking any immobility and 2) refreshing intercept. Its essentially a second intercept without waiting for a cooldown.
    Nope your not the only one who feels that way about speccing into cleave.
    Speccing into cleave is what got me my perma spot in our 25man raids.
    Well, that and doing like 9.5k dps on Kologorn the raid right after when Ulduar used to be progression.

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    I can't say I've ever had any of those issues... how often do you use your intercept in a fight?
    I use intercept on those fights, on Anub 25 when hes about to chase someone and everybody has to run away for example. then when he targets someone next to me I intercept on the burrowers to gtfo the way.
    Also use it on the worm bosses first fight in toc as a tank and as a dps for when they do the tossback stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shantelle View Post
    Ya I ended up getting the agi sword, and it was an easy decision since the mace wasnt offered.
    Original reason I considered it a dilema tho was due to the speed of the mace. I thought ur offhand should be a faster weapon than your main hand so as to enable more rage generation (not that Im starving for rage, but I could allways use more :O)
    Ok, if the mace isn't offered it is really no choice.
    But with your rage generation thoughts, you're totally wrong. Only, if you get very, very, very, very high hits, it would be (sometimes) useful, to take a faster weapon, to get more rage. Since the rage generation is normalized, you get the same amount of rage, if the DpS of your weapons are equal.

So just to be clear

If you have an agi weapon already would the str weapon be a better choice for main hand and put the agi weapon in the off hand?. I currently have the reckoning sword in main hand and edge of ruin in off position. Was hoping to get the hilt to replace the edge, and use reckoning in off position with the str quel item in main hand.
    martinbishop-hakkar

Good 'ol fury Warrior

I have been a fury warrior for quite some time did some testingon a lot of different spec's and i wanted to know think about this.

I actually don't use slam in my rotation anymore since for a while i started to dislike it cause it's dmg % was so low. I spent my point's on Enrage, why ? I'll explain.
    Putting it simply, by testing allot on bosses test dummy's It does a overall of 2-3% of your overall dmg. While Enrage when it proc's grant a 10% dmg buff. Also it's chanse of procing is higher (30%) and it lasts for 12 seconds(procs on dmg recieved).
    This is especialy handy for bosses like Anub'arak 3rd fase where you will takes dmg at all times.
    If people ask? no i did not calculate on this, i'm just a simple man who does it the old fasion way by just putting it to the test.
    To make up for Slam i mostly use or heroic strike or a cleave for either rage or cooldowns. For the rest my rotation is mostly the same as mentioned in the video.
    In most raids i'm putting out about 4,8k > dps (avarage). Just getting the feeling i can still do better or i'm doing something wrong. Here's my armory post for those intrested : The World of Warcraft Armory.
    I'm looking forward to the reply's

could you post some parses of you doing anub and getting enrage procs? Enrage is only supposed to proc when you are being directly attacked by a boss, and not not when you take damage from AoE.

enrage may be a 10% damage increase but you have to look at the uptime on it. if slam is doing 2% of your damage then enrage would have to be up 20% of the time (2/10=0.2) in order for it to be equal to bloodsurge, and as far as I am aware the up time on enrage is no where near that high.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

I have been reading through the forum and yes your right seems i did not realise this at the point i spec this. guess i should review my spec then but, as i said i think my dps is to low for my current gear.
    Might it have been my spec, since it can't really be my stats nice im hit capped and exp capped. Maybe i'll try it with the rotation mentionmed on the vid. But if you might know or see anthing else that might cause my lack of dps pls say so.

I've been reading and watching the vids that thegreatme has posted and it helped a lot in my warrior. My question is, I'm confused at my expertise coz im wielding 2 different weapons. I recently came back and played my fury warrior that wields tyrannical beheader and titansteel destroyer. My expertise reads 12/15. So does that mean that on my MH it has 12 expertise and my mace (I'm a human warrior btw) reads 15 due to the racial, or is it added together?. another question is, as I said awhile ago, my expertise is 12/15. Will that be a HUGE dps loss? I've been bugged by this if its added or is it 2 different expertise on each weapon...sorry if it sounds weird or noobish :P was playing my boomkin for a while :P and is cleave a good rage dump due to the nature of heroic strike or not? thanks!
    Last edited by ickotot; 12-21-2009 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shantelle View Post
    This is for everyone who is constantly saying the mace isnt available. You have to take the reforged Quel'Dalar to the Argent Tournament grounds to get the maces. If you turn it in at the standard location then you only have access to the swords(this is for anyone and everyone turning in the quest).

Hi,

I am new here i really could use some advice about my gear. I recently specced fury from arms because i got the Quel'Delar, Might of the Faithful from battered hilt and i looted Keen Obsidian Edged Blade in Ony before. I watched video's from Thegreatme they really helped alot. The problem is i have alot of hit i have enough triumph emblems for buying some items. What can i replace the best and for which other item? And the rotation isn't more then WW-BT and use slam if it proccs? I now almost never use HS.

Here is my armory hope you can give me some advice?
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Greetz DarkraveR

Quote Originally Posted by Khilbron View Post
    This is for everyone who is constantly saying the mace isnt available. You have to take the reforged Quel'Dalar to the Argent Tournament grounds to get the maces. If you turn it in at the standard location then you only have access to the swords(this is for anyone and everyone turning in the quest).

I turned mine in at Argent tournament grounds, didn't get the mace option at all, it didn't really bother me as I get no bonus from mace or sword but at least in my experience there was no mace available to take.

In response to DarkraveR, go for the tier shoulders to dump hit and grab some more crit/arp, same with the offset helm from Triumph badges, will net you more Arp/Crit. My personal pref would also be to take the Agi neck from Conquest badges over the Str one you have, because it provides more useful stats, since hit is semi wasted for you at the moment. Also if you can grab yourself a Greatness trinket that will be much more useful than Fury of Five Flights, and some farming of FoS for the Needle Encrusted Scorpion will also set you on your way.

On glyphs, change out glyph of Execution for Cleave, execution is mostly useless, where as Cleaving will net you some nice AOE numbers when your up against 3 targets.

Really by this point of gearing you should be able to use herioc strike most of the time, as your offhand should be able to fuel your rotation by itself, with a little bit of help from AOE damage you take. Obviously do stick to using above 50+ rage for HSing, although if you have a good combat text, you can judge when your next white hit should be incoming so you can allow yourself to HS below 50 on occasion. For the rotation, I prefer BT to open then WW just to be on the safe side of aggro, then slam when all else is on CD.
    Last edited by Manxmadman; 12-21-2009 at 02:41 PM.

hai guys, I had a question for the masses... i keep seeing endgame raiders with arp gems all over as aposed to strength. and these guys seem to have some of the best gear in the game, and not KNOWing weather they pull a ton of dps or not, i wanted to know, did i miss something is arp better for fury wars too?

Quote Originally Posted by Manxmadman View Post
    I turned mine in at Argent tournament grounds, didn't get the mace option at all, it didn't really bother me as I get no bonus from mace or sword but at least in my experience there was no mace available to take.

In response to DarkraveR, go for the tier shoulders to dump hit and grab some more crit/arp, same with the offset helm from Triumph badges, will net you more Arp/Crit. My personal pref would also be to take the Agi neck from Conquest badges over the Str one you have, because it provides more useful stats, since hit is semi wasted for you at the moment. Also if you can grab yourself a Greatness trinket that will be much more useful than Fury of Five Flights, and some farming of FoS for the Needle Encrusted Scorpion will also set you on your way.

On glyphs, change out glyph of Execution for Cleave, execution is mostly useless, where as Cleaving will net you some nice AOE numbers when your up against 3 targets.

Really by this point of gearing you should be able to use herioc strike most of the time, as your offhand should be able to fuel your rotation by itself, with a little bit of help from AOE damage you take. Obviously do stick to using above 50+ rage for HSing, although if you have a good combat text, you can judge when your next white hit should be incoming so you can allow yourself to HS below 50 on occasion. For the rotation, I prefer BT to open then WW just to be on the safe side of aggro, then slam when all else is on CD.
    Thnx for your advice, how do i get that greatness trinket?is the fury of five flight after that one the best trinket for dps? I have banner of victory don't know if i can replace that for one of the current trinkets. I have been running FoS HC already for the trinket but it has not dropped yet.

What gear is needed to go ICC10 i tried it once now but my dps was too low or i was doing something wrong because with rep farming i did a nice amount of dps there but now it didn't went that good.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkraveR View Post
    Thnx for your advice, how do i get that greatness trinket?is the fury of five flight after that one the best trinket for dps? I have banner of victory don't know if i can replace that for one of the current trinkets. I have been running FoS HC already for the trinket but it has not dropped yet.

What gear is needed to go ICC10 i tried it once now but my dps was too low or i was doing something wrong because with rep farming i did a nice amount of dps there but now it didn't went that good.
    greatness is from the Darkmoon faire, or buy them at the AH..Fury of the Five Flights imo has been surpassed by many other trinkets now but its still hard to get.

Quote Originally Posted by heldunder View Post
    hai guys, I had a question for the masses... i keep seeing endgame raiders with arp gems all over as aposed to strength.
    the reason you see warriors in high end guilds gemming for arp is generally because they either:
    A) have an arp trinket and are gemming ArP so they can be soft capped
    B) have enough ArP that with arp gems they are at/near the hard cap.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by DarkraveR View Post

If you can get ahold of Greatness (they are the Nobles cards, should be cheapish nowadays), I would throw Banner of Victory into the slot where Mirror or Truth currently is, but keep them as they are for now. Once you have made those few gear changes, I would say you should be fine to go into ICC10man (even now you could probably get away with going there) , so long as you get some practice on the rotation, and also get comfortable with the encounter you should do fine. Its also worth mentioning that you will struggle, as fury, to pull decent numbers if you haven't got WF or Imp Icy Talons to buff you, I find myself quite gimped without this specific buff, most others I can do without.
    If you could give us an idea of what DPS you are able to pull (I'm guessing you don't have any combat parses) then we might be able to at least gauge if you are up to ICC10 levels or not.
    Last edited by Manxmadman; 12-22-2009 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manxmadman View Post
    If you can get ahold of Greatness (they are the Nobles cards, should be cheapish nowadays), I would throw Banner of Victory into the slot where Mirror or Truth currently is, but keep them as they are for now. Once you have made those few gear changes, I would say you should be fine to go into ICC10man (even now you could probably get away with going there) , so long as you get some practice on the rotation, and also get comfortable with the encounter you should do fine. Its also worth mentioning that you will struggle, as fury, to pull decent numbers if you haven't got WF or Imp Icy Talons to buff you, I find myself quite gimped without this specific buff, most others I can do without.
    If you could give us an idea of what DPS you are able to pull (I'm guessing you don't have any combat parses) then we might be able to at least gauge if you are up to ICC10 levels or not.
    I checked the calendar and 3 januari Darkmoon faire starts again there is only one Nobles deck on AH and it cost around 6.8K gold . I just tried on Herioc Dummy and i was doing around 3K (selfbuffed) but i don't know if i maybe timing it wrong i just use WW and BT if they are of CD and when slam proccs i use it.

+ Reply to Thread