+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35

Thread: Wotlk Fury Warrior Guide

It goes without saying that we been nerfed.
    Well its not just a matter of being nerfed -the current state is more like "under reconstruction - not ready for use yet".

GC stated several times that furywarrior dps was too high in ICC in part due to the scaling problems with the old rage system(rage being dependant on damage done), which resulted in the situation, where we(fury warriors) eventually didnt have to manage rage at all. A system they have tried to normalize once before and failed.

Now they have implemented normalization again AND changed all our talents AND reworked all our skills AND changed our stats AND given us a new "rotation", all of which is likely based on lvl 85 numbers. Not to mention the influence of reworked combatratings and boss scaling.

So fellow warriors we all just became a part of the "beta/ptr"-testing of warrior dps that is now apparantly expanded to live servers. I suspect fury will continue to be "crazy", feel incoherent and likely numberwise look "nerfed" until we are lvl 85 and well into cataclysm.

Play along or reroll...
    Last edited by Erkebrand; 10-15-2010 at 02:05 AM. Reason: spelling
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonblight/Erkebrand/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Erkebrand View Post
    Well its not just a matter of being nerfed -the current state is more like "under reconstruction - not ready for use yet".

GC stated several times that furywarrior dps was too high in ICC in part due to the scaling problems with the old rage system(rage being dependant on damage done), which resulted in the situation, where we(fury warriors) eventually didnt have to manage rage at all. A system they have tried to normalize once before and failed.

Now they have implemented normalization again AND changed all our talents AND reworked all our skills AND changed our stats AND given us a new "rotation", all of which is likely based on lvl 85 numbers.

So fellow warriors we all just became a part of the "beta/ptr"-testing of warrior dps that is now apparantly expanded to live servers. I suspect fury will continue to be "crazy", feel incoherent and likely numberwise look "nerfed" until we are lvl 85 and well into cataclysm.

Play along or reroll...
    We got one thing to offer, BURST DPS. Now we got nothing but a nifty pummel to interrupt...

Rogues were doing about equal dps in icc atleast until we got shadowmourne( isn't that what legendary's are for??). Other classes got ticking dmg that we only achive with stance dancing so we were not OP in movment fights.

I got to admit i feel crippled. we got Raging blow boosted that we never use due to the fact it scale with mastery that we never will achive for quite some time. I can agree that WW and Cleave needed a tweak but i was beaten bt a dk in the guild on professor last night though he was dead half the way into the fight and i survived the whole encounter he beat me on dmg ><

Its realy silly, we could offer one thing for raids that was large numbers while other classes were more versile, now we got nothing....

Its quite easy to spot just by checkign WOL on teh US servers. Warriors are rock bottom atm, and something will need to be done or a lot of them will go Prot/reroll (not me) before cata gets released.

Conn of Khadgar EU

Quote Originally Posted by helmerzinho View Post
    Its quite easy to spot just by checkign WOL on teh US servers. Warriors are rock bottom atm, and something will need to be done or a lot of them will go Prot/reroll (not me) before cata gets released.
    Well, something has been "done" and the hotfixes(see Ralliks post on EJ) seem to have had their effect allready. See this parse from yesterday by some random 277/Shadowmourne geared furywarrior on saurfang 25(h). 16k - thats acceptable i guess and more than the pathetic 10-11k I were seeing just after the patch. But ofc its still much less than equally geared people were able to manage before. Check his personal skills used here. Notice also the arms warrior trailing him at 15.5 k.

Will be interesting to follow parses the next few days and see what numbers people achieve..

EDIT: Stop the QQ, we are fixed with regard to competitive damage http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9b...?s=3013&e=3215. Now we just need an explanation as to why slam should hit for less than HS and has effectively fallen out of our rotation...
    Last edited by Erkebrand; 10-15-2010 at 06:12 AM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonblight/Erkebrand/advanced

I'm going to go ahead and say that that parse happened because of this bugged buff: http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=93435

It really does give that much str/agi according to the comments.

It's interesting to see fury beating arms in that first parse, from my personal experiences I have been doing more DPS as arms on the target dummy. maybe Fury just scales better with raid buffs currently.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Thegreatme.... could you give your opinion on reforging and if we need to get as close as the hit hard cap as possible?

Currently I have had the most success with reforging crit -> Hit>haste.

hard cap hit then get as much haste as you can. spam HS. HS > BT > RB. slam only when you are rage capped and BT/RB/HS are on cooldown

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

i was going to renew my membership at the beginning of October but didn't i was thinking about it still but im not sure there are some things i miss i guess. I do listen to people and they do give me advice i guess just some of it is not so good advice.i think the reason i stacked all strength is for 2 reasons....1-the book you get with the game says warriors are needing strength and stamina most...and 2 -the main reason was i think my dps was actually higher with the 2 extra strength gems..although it is a good meta imo....i also dont have my back enchanted because i didn't see any real good back enchants for a dps warrior, you may say get an agility enchant idk...alot of warrior have some agility enchants and gear has agility on it and stuff. Now you may say to gem for Armour Penetration which is what most if not all warriors and plate wearers are gemming for these days but i don't see the point seeing as i was told that Armour penetration is going out when cataclysm comes out so i have to re-gem everything again and spend 1000's more gold....yeah and the whole BIS...i never thought of that thats true. So i see the few tweaks i need to make if i make my return. Just have to get into a good raiding guild and get good drops. Thanks for the tips guys..

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatme View Post
    Currently I have had the most success with reforging crit -> Hit>haste.

hard cap hit then get as much haste as you can. spam HS. HS > BT > RB. slam only when you are rage capped and BT/RB/HS are on cooldown
    I have been enjoying the guidlines now and am quite pleased by the overall dps i can smash out. From wiping on bosses in ZG (going for mount) to smashing them to bits realy was a good confidence boost

But a lot of ppl seem to ask about the Hit cap, crit cap, and when to start stacking haste.

Well there is a LOT of info on this tread and on elitistjerks regarding maths about how to choose the optimal setup at the current time. That said there is also a lot of ppl that have a hard time undersatanding the math due to several reasons like beeing young, dyslexia etc.

HIT: The basic mechanics at this point is to make sure that you have enough rage to actually generate rage enough to fire off a solid combination. This may well be different individually for everyone. Rais the hit until you have a solid rage regeneration. 27% hit including the 3% from precission is the TOP for hardcap. Now that has nothing to do with how hard you're Raging Blow hit or you're heroic strike, BUT it's the baseline for beeing able to generate enough rage to fire them off at will.

Now after this i myself are unsure what the best choice is,and i think everyone is, beside that it seems mastery is more or less useless at this point. We just got to give it some time and sooner or later we have figured out what works best. What TGM is saying is his personal preference and sucess, but i know for certain i'm going to do a few hours on dummy's tomorrow to messure the difference swapping out some crit with haste

(don't chop my head off^^)

Quote Originally Posted by helmerzinho View Post
    I have been enjoying the guidlines now and am quite pleased by the overall dps i can smash out. From wiping on bosses in ZG (going for mount) to smashing them to bits realy was a good confidence boost

But a lot of ppl seem to ask about the Hit cap, crit cap, and when to start stacking haste.

Well there is a LOT of info on this tread and on elitistjerks regarding maths about how to choose the optimal setup at the current time. That said there is also a lot of ppl that have a hard time undersatanding the math due to several reasons like beeing young, dyslexia etc.

HIT: The basic mechanics at this point is to make sure that you have enough rage to actually generate rage enough to fire off a solid combination. This may well be different individually for everyone. Rais the hit until you have a solid rage regeneration. 27% hit including the 3% from precission is the TOP for hardcap. Now that has nothing to do with how hard you're Raging Blow hit or you're heroic strike, BUT it's the baseline for beeing able to generate enough rage to fire them off at will.

Now after this i myself are unsure what the best choice is,and i think everyone is, beside that it seems mastery is more or less useless at this point. We just got to give it some time and sooner or later we have figured out what works best. What TGM is saying is his personal preference and sucess, but i know for certain i'm going to do a few hours on dummy's tomorrow to messure the difference swapping out some crit with haste

(don't chop my head off^^)
    So any succes with swapping the crit for haste?

I can verify that increasing our Hit chance is a must for us Furys. After extensive testing on dummys and after I increased my hit from 9% to 24%, I saw my dps increase around 1,200. Numbers are not great as I can only hit 8.5k and these numbers are embaressing, but this was done using only BT and HS and these numbers should increase, I hope, substantionally in a raid. I haven't done any raids yet since I am still updating my addons. My current weapons are 3.4 amd 3.5 speed.

Unfortunately, in order to get my hit to 24, I had to lower my crit from 43 to 39 and lower my haste from 15 to 9. I did notice along the way that when my crit was put at 36 and I had my haste at 13 I was still able to get to the dps I am doing now on the dummys. I wonder if lowering my crit more and increasing haste is a better way to go and also how much str I can lessen. I'm currently at 2100.

I did notice that using any other spell which uses rage, other than BT and HS was a waste of rage and the numbers did not improve. This might be due to hitting dummys only. One more thing, WW is useless.

I'll have to do more testing in that department to find out but cost is starting to become an issue.

For the love of God, people, hold the torches and pitchforks. Warriors are not broken, they're in flux - like every other class in the game right now. We're stuck at 80 while being primarily balanced for level 85 content.

If there were anything current in the game worth getting done, you've had the last year to do it in. Seriously.

Wait two weeks, get into the Cata groove, and only after you've really dug your teeth into the first tier of raiding... then you can start talking about "buffs" and "ZOMGNERFS".

On another note, please don't ever (ever!) use target dummy DPS results as a metric for determining rotation and gearing choices. There are these cool things called buffs, and on the other side of the family, debuffs. They just so happen to interact with your rotation, and will cause you to produce wildly different numbers if you're basing yourself off of not having them. Oh, and on top of all of that, you get more rage with them than without, so that will further affect ability usage. In other words: there are reasons to use target dummies, but determining rotations based on rage and determining gearing choices based on damage are NOT included in that list.
    Last edited by BWarner; 11-22-2010 at 12:08 AM.
    AeroWow.com | ArmoryLite: Soleniae - Uldum
    The Warrior Formerly Known As Aerowyn.

I read everything in this thread and tweaked it a bit for my macros and I do about 20% more dps than with the LK setup. Before changing the talent trees, I was doing about half what I was doing before. Got completely pissed, came to tankspot, figured out what I was doing wrong, set it up right, dps went up by better than 20% and I bought the digital version of the expansion. Warriors have NOT been nerfed.

Really curious what 4.0.3a is going to do with fury warr dps all important attacks are nerfed down again.

Multiply your last chart by .83 to get a rough idea. I understand wanting to let people see the new class abilities, but when it's essenitally across the board reduction, it would seem to have made sense to wait until Dec 7. But apparently letting sleeping dogs like until breakfast isn't part of the agenda.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

It will lower dps a little tiny bit for now, but as stated in many places around the forums, it is balancing for L85.

Quote Originally Posted by Nez View Post
    It will lower dps a little tiny bit for now, but as stated in many places around the forums, it is balancing for L85.
    That's understood... but since isn't a change in mechanics all that much, wouldn't waiting until 85 was actually achieveable made more sense? It's not like this 'retuning' will give any good info on what things will be like at 85 because of complete re-gearing and as of yet unreachable talents and abilities that will become part of the tool-set. Just seems like pointless frustration... but then again that's from a warrior standpoint whose's been hit with only a flat reduction stick - not the shammy/druid/etc that have re-done talent trees.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

You were hit with a big flat Buff stick a few weeks ago, be glad we got a few weeks of retarded high DPS. In two weeks no one will care either way. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nez View Post
    You were hit with a big flat Buff stick a few weeks ago, be glad we got a few weeks of retarded high DPS. In two weeks no one will care either way. lol
    Which is all fine and dandy if nothing is being done now and you're just sitting around waiting. But it's a pointless frustration if you're still running around. Yes, in 2 weeks it won't matter, but today isn't 2 weeks.

if you want to discuss the effects of it, go for it, if you wanna do math about it, go for it. if all you're going to do is complain about the nerf stick, or complain about shit, don't do it in the official guide.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread