+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Death Knight Threat Generation (different specs)

Death Knight Threat Generation (different specs)

Hello everyone!

So on my death knight, (theonlybez), i've been having issues with generating and holding aggro on multiple mobs. I currently tank as blood, but I did go frost for one run and i could barely hold any aggro, and i seemed to be more squishy.

as for my blood rotation. it is as follows:
    d&d - IT-PS-Pest-blood tap-blood boil. I then blood boil every time its up, and use pest when diseases get low because it refreshes them with my glyph. i also runestrike everytime i can with it bound to all my abilities.

I just dont see what I'm doing wrong.

Also, is there an addon out there that can show threat over mobs heads a little easier?

You can use Aloft, although it can be buggy. It will show red if you don't own them, or yellow if your aggro is low on them.

As for your threat, it sounds like you are doing it right. One of two things, tell the dps they need to wait longer to jump in (most likely your problem if it's a heroic) or increase your attack power. Post up your spec and we can check that as well. The armsman enchant on gloves adds 2% additional threat which helps on DnD and aoe attacks.

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

or armory Theonlybez - the tank spec is the 51/7/13 one

See my thing is i have the threat to gloves (on level 200 gear...ugh). also, yes sometimes the dps does start too soon, but when they dont they catch up to me. look at my spec and tell me what you think could be improved

(when i looked up my spec on armory i was surprised to find out i have corpse explosion...lol)

+ Reply to Thread