+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Illustrating Chill of the Throne

don't think it's a bad thing either...

Just that mechanic from runic strike is concerning me then.
    As a DK-Tank I'm a little worried if that could outclass me in threat terms...because my experiences are, that without my runic strike I can't hold aggro, and some of my DDs are just a little shot under me, regardless which encounter. And I personally don't want to be overgeared as hell, to be able to manage holding threat... :-/

Tribute, it should be a relatively small loss of threat, and if I was seeing right, the most recent push on the PTR bumped the threat scaling on RS a little to counter this.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Excellent information. Thank you to the OP for the well written explanation on this subject.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Thanks for taking the time to type all that out. People who are extremely against such an effect take the time to experience it from a healing perspective too. Many fights with people over "healers do your job" when the fact simply was nothing can be done, it just happens.

Here's my question, and forgive me if it's been asked twenty times over.. Does this emphasize on Parry? At least for a Death Knight Tank? Come to think of it.. if a normal HIT on a tank was 10,000.. a dodge is 0, what becomes of a parry?

Quote Originally Posted by Willis View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to type all that out. People who are extremely against such an effect take the time to experience it from a healing perspective too. Many fights with people over "healers do your job" when the fact simply was nothing can be done, it just happens.

Here's my question, and forgive me if it's been asked twenty times over.. Does this emphasize on Parry? At least for a Death Knight Tank? Come to think of it.. if a normal HIT on a tank was 10,000.. a dodge is 0, what becomes of a parry?
    A parry is also 0.

The value of parry over dodge does not change at all. The gains of adding avoidance are not affected by the Icecrown Radiance.

So I rather enjoyed in ICC 25 man tonight having Marrowgar hitting me for 12-15k. Such a breath of fresh air after Gormok.

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    So I rather enjoyed in ICC 25 man tonight having Marrowgar hitting me for 12-15k. Such a breath of fresh air after Gormok.

Was that in 25 man ? my healers could not keep my up in 10 man when i was MTing taking way to much damage getting hit most of the time for 12-19k 4 times in 2secs . How are other Death knights finding this i was looking forward to ICC and still am the bits we have not cleared in 25?

Last night had be a bit stumped though we had to get a lesser geared Warrior to MT the 10 man we did after the 25 man as i was dieing way to fast in the 10man when MTing.

Quote Originally Posted by Madoxx View Post
    Was that in 25 man ? my healers could not keep my up in 10 man when i was MTing taking way to much damage getting hit most of the time for 12-19k 4 times in 2secs . How are other Death knights finding this i was looking forward to ICC and still am the bits we have not cleared in 25?

Last night had be a bit stumped though we had to get a lesser geared Warrior to MT the 10 man we did after the 25 man as i was dieing way to fast in the 10man when MTing.

The drop-down to view your characters isn't working for me, could you provide your armory link?
    Havx | <Tasty Beverage> | US Alliance | Bleeding Hollow
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Hollow&cn=Havx

I, too, enjoyed the feeling of ICC.

Things were hitting hard enough that it still felt like healing was really needed, if not immediately urgent to never miss a GCD, but at the same time, my health wasn't rocketing full to empty full to empty, not even half and back.

Quote Originally Posted by Madoxx View Post

Yes it was on 25 man. On one of my death logs, I saw him hit me 4 times in a row between 15.5k and 12.2k (Some blocked) damage. Were you using Armor Potions? I was in there with 38.8k armor (almost as much as our bear druid! ^.^) while my potion was up, which was most of the fight. Also, did you have 2 tanks (for your 10 man) standing on top of each other to eat the Saberlash?

I also enjoyed ICC. Finally a "proper" raid instance

Healthwise i always felt very comfortable, not a care in the world really. As for TPS i was pleasantly surprised considering i was so worried about the 20% dodge loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    Yes it was on 25 man. On one of my death logs, I saw him hit me 4 times in a row between 15.5k and 12.2k (Some blocked) damage. Were you using Armor Potions? I was in there with 38.8k armor (almost as much as our bear druid! ^.^) while my potion was up, which was most of the fight. Also, did you have 2 tanks (for your 10 man) standing on top of each other to eat the Saberlash?
    yes i was using Armour potions on that fight and others on 10 man we used 2 tanks and weirdly enough he got no hits on the first 4 hits yet was standing right on top of me at the time .

We switched and he was about to soak the dame allot easier then the Death knight (me) . again it is possible it was maybe lag or something but my healers were saying they were finding it very hard to heal me through the entire instance.

Id like to see if there are ways around this but more then that how other Death Knights tank and felt they were taking the damage inc vs other tanking classes , looking at combat i didn't dodge once in most fight just parry.

I was still rocking about 10% dodge with raid buffs, so it happened, just less often than parries.

We saw no real difference between healing myself or my Prot warrior counterpart.

The World of Warcraft Armory There ya go Vah my armoury link.

Satorri i was @ 10% dodge buffed too in there but didn't notice too many if any dodges ill have a look over the combat logs , again i like the instance but i just felt my health was getting hammered at times maybe it is just getting used to it compared to the other instances.

Saberlash feels good and stingy.

Spammed 12k ouchies, and 24k if the tanks get too far apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post
    Note: the incoming damage is the same in overall scale, but each hit will actually be smaller than the previous tier. That means, to healers, you'll still be getting hit harder than ever before in total, but your whole health pool won't be flipping on and off like a light switch to get that increase. What really changed? You will take more hits, but any given hit will be smaller. This means you move away from the danger of "miss a heal and the tank dies" or "the tank took critical damage in less time than it takes to cast a heal because 2 effects lined up at the same time." You still take more damage, more healing is still required, but suddenly the tanking/healing game is fun again, instead of walking a razor's edge between life and death.
    I recall either a GC post or an interview to the effect that Blizz not thrilled with the all the 95% - 5% spike damage and that they were looking for a way to smooth the damage. Based on your numbers Chill of the Throne appears to bear this out.

Theo, they repeat that phrase almost every other week since patch 2.4

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Theo, they repeat that phrase almost every other week since patch 2.4
    Yeah, but now they appear to be moving it along; not making it worse. And, more importantly, you have verified that my memory is still functioning.

/agree with Satorri

+ Reply to Thread