+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guild help comes with a price.

Guild help comes with a price.

A short, funny story that occurred last night:

We concluded a long raid week (our first heroic Anub25!) last night with finishing up some unused raid IDs. A shadowpriest raider in our guild had wanted to conclude his night with a shot at Illustration of the Dragon Soul from OS25, but we only had about 11 members online and the spriest had to go to bed soon.

His brother offered to play his guy for him, and so we ended up going into OS25 with 10 people. Me tanking, 1 healer, 1 offtank, 7 dps. It was ridiculously late and it took a while to clear trash with 10 people for a 25 instance, but it wasn't too difficult. Neither was Sarth.

Sure enough, Illustration drops. This Spriest has been trying to upgrade his trinkets for 4 months, and he's fast asleep in bed. We're stoked for him, because we all know how good illustration is, and how hard it can be to get trinkets to drop for some players/guilds.

So we decide the best way to alert him to his new trinket. I'd go through the progression of our decisions from there, but I'll save your time by bringing you straight to the conclusion:

He's naked cept for the trinket, with approx. 500 leather balls filling his bags, no hearthstone, all his gear banked, and he's logged on an island only accessable via mount+water walking. He also has a new stupid haircut.

The moral of the story: be kind to your guildmates, make friends, and be the best you can be for the sake of the whole team. Your dedication is never overlooked by your guildies, and you may well have someone or a group of people go out of their way to help you (and perhaps get you lost in the middle of an ocean.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Awesome.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Where is this island? curious players want to know!

You know I don't know exactly, but Ill update the thread after I get home from work. His brother and a shaman with a motorcycle led the final close of our bittersweet help.
    Last edited by Risky; 11-03-2009 at 04:02 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread