+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior weapon enchant in 3.3

Warrior weapon enchant in 3.3

As 3.3 is coming up soon (hopefully), I've read some blue posts about tanking lately, and as Ghostcrawler and the other states, avoidance is going to play a bigger role for tanks in IC.

What tanking weapon enchant would be best suited for the new content coming up?

Thanks for any answer!

To be honest until we actually get into the content and see a lot of the fights it is going to be harder to tell. For the most part going into new content you should shoot for EHP because even if fights rely more on avoidance there is going to be some sort of EHP minimum and chances are we won't be at it when we first start in IC. Therefore I'd say blood draining, but that may change if there are a lot of fights where you need to stack avoidance or something. I still think that we'll be gearing/gemming for EHP, but we'll just have to be more mindful of avoidance and its importance, rather than being able to blatantly ignore it right now. I don't think GC is saying that we're going to be gemming/enchanting for straight avoidance, but that the raw avoidance on gear might not be enough for tanks to skate by on any more and still ignore upgrades that might be a 100HP loss but 1% increased dodge.

But like's been said, it's really going to come down to game mechanics, long fights where healers could have mana problems but don't really have to move while the tanks take damage, then we're probably going to want an EHP minimum then go for dodge and such (think brutallus), but if there are going to be fights where healers have to move a lot and tanks just have to be able to take damage (think Algalon) then we may be going more towards stam.

As the Zen Master said, "We'll see."

Edits: I should stop typing with gloves on or something.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

The answer still remains:

Accuracy for threat
    Blade Ward for avoidance
    Blood Draining for pure EH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

GC has also said there will be plenty of avoidable physical spike attacks in ICC so again avoidance gearing will continue to suck the bag. If you're taking steady beating the only real way I see to gear is via stam/armor with armor taking a bigger role.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburglar View Post
    GC has also said there will be plenty of avoidable physical spike attacks in ICC so again avoidance gearing will continue to suck the bag. If you're taking steady beating the only real way I see to gear is via stam/armor with armor taking a bigger role.
    Given that I read the quote you're referring to, and you allude to the same later in your post, I'm going to assume you meant to say that GC has said there will probably continue to be unavoidable physical spike attacks.

And yes that's why armor rocks. The only way avoidance is going to come back into play is if they push healer mana, since healer mana is THE reason people used to worry about avoidance. Well, that and crushing blows, but that became irrelevant long ago.

+ Reply to Thread