+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hard to heal in TOC 10/25

Hard to heal in TOC 10/25

I'm pretty new to the game and tanking. Only been 80 for 2 months and tanking for about 1 month. Ive put together a pretty dam decent set of tanking gear and I believe I enchanted and gem everything correctly. However I have gotten some complaints that I'm a bit hard to heal. I was hoping some of you guys that know a lot more than I do would be able to give me a hand and some suggestions as to what I can do to improve.
    Using the macros in these forums my Avoidance is 58% and 76% unhittable

WOW Armory Link

Thanks

Your spec and gemming seem pretty acceptable.
    Things I would change:

1) (and really not that big of a deal, some would argue it comes down to personal preference) swap the dodge/stam gem in your belt, the gem in your weapon, and the gem in your helm out for straight 30 stam gems, it will end up with more EHP.

2) I would also recommend you change your shield enchant to 18 stam since you are pretty far over 540, you can flex a lot of your defense easily.

3) I would also personally drop Ony's talisman for something like Glyph of Indominability if I couldn't pick up a brewfest trinket, heart of iron, royal seal of king llane, or a jug's vitality. And as far as easier to heal the raw armor from glyph of indom will go a long ways.

4) I'd also switch the Exalted SoH shoulder enchant to the 30 stam/15 resil shsoulder enchant.

5) switch glove enchant to 240 armor

But to be honest there's really nothing major or glaring, if I found you as a tank in my PuG I think I'd be pretty pleased. I think either the healers that are saying you are hard to heal are not doing their jobs right, or you aren't using cooldowns properly on fights (ex: shield walling impales on gormok). Warriors have to be pretty proactive with their cooldowns, so the more you can watch timers and anticipate, the better.

Edit: oh also, props for the 225 armor to cloak, for some reason a lot of tanks miss that... I did for a while =/
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Your health pool seems a little on the low side for your gear level and in general, warrior tanks will take more damage than other tanks. Dont take it to heart if people say you're hard to heal. I tell our warrior tanks I find them hard to heal and they admit they know they're taking alot of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Fealthas View Post
    Your health pool seems a little on the low side for your gear level and in general, warrior tanks will take more damage than other tanks. Dont take it to heart if people say you're hard to heal. I tell our warrior tanks I find them hard to heal and they admit they know they're taking alot of damage.
    The only reason his HP pool looks low is because he's using the ony trinket instead of a stam trinket. If Ony was a brewfest trinket he'd be around 38k.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    The only reason his HP pool looks low is because he's using the ony trinket instead of a stam trinket. If Ony was a brewfest trinket he'd be around 38k.
    Which is still on the lower end of the tanks I run it with on any of my toons. Its not dangerously low, but 38k is 1k below where all the tanks I run with are.

Which is still on the lower end of the tanks I run it with on any of my toons. Its not dangerously low, but 38k is 1k below where all the tanks I run with are.
    It should be enough for ToC Normals at least, probably low end for heroics though, but he can get it up by re-gemming/enchanting/gearing a little bit, he's not too far off.

It should be enough for ToC Normals at least, probably low end for heroics though, but he can get it up by re-gemming/enchanting/gearing a little bit, he's not too far off.
    Yeah he's really close, I just thought he seems a bit towards the low end. Still sticking with warriors are just a bitch to heal :P watching our main warrior tank get eaten by Gormok = Priceless! <3 you Rey

I have a brewfest trinket I can put in place of the ony trinket until I land a juggenaut just wasn't sure if it was worth losing the avoidance I get from the ony trinket. I'll also re enchant my gloves but some of our hunters and locks ride me pretty good on omen so hopefully losing that 2 percent threat won't be to bad.

Your hunters and locks should know when they need to drop agro and should manage their agro well.

Yeah he's really close, I just thought he seems a bit towards the low end. Still sticking with warriors are just a bitch to heal :P watching our main warrior tank get eaten by Gormok = Priceless! <3 you Rey
    I'm gonna hafta disagree with you there. This is a section of our most recent Gormok kill. This is from when our 3rd tank taunted to when I was taunted off last, so basically this is the section of all 3 of our damage takens while tanking gormok.

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

<insert something about cooldown usage here>

Your hunters and locks should know when they need to drop agro and should manage their agro well.
    ^ This, make sure to put vigilance on those high threat DPSers, and if you're really having threat problems drop a glyph for devastate or something. But honestly with your setup I have no idea why you'd be having any threat problems. Maybe be sure to get some MDs and Tricks of the Trades, but as long as you are doing devastate spam, keeping HS uptime as close to 100% as possible, and hitting shield slam on cooldown (you can also use shield block as a very effective threat cooldown too), then no dps should really be close to you.

And yes, brewfest trinket is worth it at this point, especially in ToC.

^ This, make sure to put vigilance on those high threat DPSers, and if you're really having threat problems drop a glyph for devastate or something. But honestly with your setup I have no idea why you'd be having any threat problems. Maybe be sure to get some MDs and Tricks of the Trades, but as long as you are doing devastate spam, keeping HS uptime as close to 100% as possible, and hitting shield slam on cooldown (you can also use shield block as a very effective threat cooldown too), then no dps should really be close to you.

And yes, brewfest trinket is worth it at this point, especially in ToC.

I always use vig and I use shield block to get the extra threat from shield slam. Thinking about it, it's more of an issue with them dpsig right out the gate without allowing me to grab aggro and not using soul shatter and faint death correctly.

I'll definitly try using the brewfest trinket and change the enchant on my hands for tonights toc25. Hopefully it works out well. I appreciate everyones help

+ Reply to Thread