+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury Warrior Needs some help

Fury Warrior Needs some help

My warrior barely can pull 2.5k dps in a 25 man raid, and I think that's a problem. I am decently geared and I should be able to pull atleast 3-4k, but I'm not able to. I have my 6 minute battle shout up all the time.

My usual rotation is Intercept>Deathwish>Recklessness if possible> blood rage> blood thirst>whirlwind>slam>Beserker rage>bloodthirst>whirlwind>slam. Then I usually repeat.

My armory:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

read the guide at the top of the DPS forums, rotation and gear mechanics are all detailed there and although slightly old, it is still for the most part up to date for most things fury.

Armory based threads belong in the HALP forum however and I am moving this thread there.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

@bigbanana,

if you log out in dps gear I can surely help thanks

Fury, sense the nerf is really Gear/Weapon dependent. Thus being, I've been arms sense the nerf, I was Fury before the nerf, and would easily out DPS Warriors with close to full BiS. My advice, as I cannot see your gear, would be to just go Arms for the time being. Master the rotation, and you'll be pulling more DPS.

Do you have a monitor for when slam procs? Do you use slam while it is not proc'd? How often do you use heroic strike or cleave?

I'd go with Kaz, check out the fury guide in the dps forum.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

I use heroic strike /cleave when I'm atleast 50 rage or above

As far as your rotation, I'd agree with the other two posters saying check out the fury guide in the DPS discussion forum. It's a bit outdated, but it's still a very good guide and a great resource for getting you started.

Your spec looks pretty good to me. From looking at your armory, the only glaring problem I see is that you are seriously lacking in expertise. Your goal is a 6.50% reduction in chance to be dodged. You are at 0.75% right now. The next upgrade I'd go for with your Emblems of Triumph would be the tier 9 legs, as they have a ton of expertise on them. The Crimson Star thrown weapon you can get for Triumph emblems also has a little expertise on it. If you can afford it, a Belt of the Titans will push you closer towards your expertise cap too. I believe getting closer to the expertise cap is going to help you a lot - your attacks are probably being dodged left and right.

You can stand to lose some of the +hit gear for +expertise gear right now. 164 hit rating, or 5%, is what you need to be hit capped for special attacks (assuming 3 points in precision). Hit rating is still a good stat even after 164, but it's no longer a "priority" stat here, and in your case, pushing more for expertise is going to help.

Also, here's a question:

Quote Originally Posted by bigbanana View Post
    My usual rotation is Intercept>Deathwish>Recklessness if possible> blood rage> blood thirst>whirlwind>slam>Beserker rage>bloodthirst>whirlwind>slam. Then I usually repeat.
    Do you mean you use slam regularly, as part of your rotation, or do you only use it when it procs? As a fury warrior, you should only use slam when bloodsurge procs. I use a mod called SlamAlert for those procs - it basically plays a loud sound and puts a huge "SLAM NOW" in the middle of my screen when I get procs so that I don't miss them.
    Last edited by cid; 11-02-2009 at 07:39 PM.

Ok thanks for switching to DPS gear. First thing you should know, fury as a spec is very very gear dependent and you are still in a mid tier gear level so dont expect to trump meters in a 25 man raid as of yet.

One thing which is hurting your dps big time is expertise, you are way under the dodge cap of expertise which is 26 and thats the first thing I would focus on. As a dps in raid you should always be attacking your targets from behind, this way none of your attacks will be parried. Now bosses/mobs can dodge from behind as well so you will need expertise to avoid that. Thats the reason you need 26 expertise

As cid said your hit is way to high, all you really need is 164 (5%), but I personally prefer to keep it around 200 ish (thats just me no rules or anything). So I would drop some hit and put up some expertise. You should see a considerable difference in your dps.

Just keep running heroics and raid to get more emblems and purchase or roll on gear with expertise (e.g., Wristbands of the Sentinel Huntress - Item - World of Warcraft , Crimson Star - Item - World of Warcraft , Wrynn's Legplates of Conquest - Item - World of Warcraft , Belt of the Titans - Item - World of Warcraft ) and stop once you hit 26 (once you have all the gear and still not have 26 expertise, I would gem and enchant for it too)

After that you can use this spreasheet Warrior DPS Calculation Spreadsheet - Elitist Jerks or RAWR ( Rawr ) to figure out upgrades, or you can always post here.

One more thing, use your cool-downs wisely (deathwish, recklesness), say use them early in fight (of course after tanks have solid aggro) so they will be back up before the end, or use them during bloodlust to get max throughput from them etc etc, you get the idea. That should improve your dps as well.

I hope this helps.

Question?

Do his trinkets stack?

He has Mirror of Truth and Banner of Victory both proc an attack power bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Vestal View Post
    Question?

Do his trinkets stack?

He has Mirror of Truth and Banner of Victory both proc an attack power bonus.
    Yes

Yes both MOT and BoV stacks. They both have a different buffs. MoT will not stack with the pvp trinket or the one off Brewfest boss, Chromium caster I believe.

This is the aura by BoV: Fury - Spell - World of Warcraft
    Following is the aura/buff from MoT: Reflection of Torment - Spell - World of Warcraft

+ Reply to Thread