+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear upgrade advice!

Gear upgrade advice!

Hello guys.I have discovered tankspot.com some time ago and as a tank it has been my little sanctuary and a place where I spend time when Im looking for some useful tanking facts/information.

I`m in doubt now,and this forum seems to be the best place to ask for some advice

Im not a member of a guild who is progressing through ToC25/ToGC25 and my main focus is ToGC10 now.I have been gearing up for quite some time now and have collected a decent amount of emblems (triumph ones).I have decided to upgrade my gear but Im not sure what should be my next "move".

this is the CharDev link of my char (armory wasnt working):
    character planner . adrenochrome . chardev seven

Should I get - Glyph of Indomitability - Item - World of Warcraft - or should I save emblems for lvl245 set parts (shoulders+hands probably) ?
    Should I replace my shoulder enchant with the pvp one (30 stamina)?

I know shield is my TOP priority probably but I just cant get a better one :S

The reason I made this topic is the fact that I take A LOT of damage on bosses like Gormokk (10 man,heroic).I know that a druid tank might be a better option for that boss but I still feel that I should be able to do something to make it easier on the healers.

Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks for reading this, any help will be greatly appreciated!

I think you should buy the Glyph of Indomitability before you buy of the t9 at all. All of the T9 give you small upgrades if any while the Glyph of Indomitability while will be a small down grade in EH will make up for it because of the best on use in the game. Another easy trinket upgrade would be the Black Heart because of the great proc.

In the gemming and enchant section you should probably switch all of your defense enchants for more EH, I would switch 16 defense for 225 armor, Sons of Hodir enchant for the pvp enchant and in your feet take out the 15 stam 10 defense and just put a 30 stamina gem in it.

Other than those small things everything looks pretty good, you should be geared enough to start doing ToGC 10 as long as you use your cooldowns intelligently.
    Last edited by krc; 11-02-2009 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by krc View Post
    I think you should buy the Glyph of Indomitability before you buy of the t9 at all. All of the T9 give you small upgrades if any while the Glyph of Indomitability will get you more EH than any of the T9 with the best on use in the game. Another easy trinket upgrade would be the Black Heart because of the great proc.

In the gemming and enchant section you should probably switch all of your defense enchants for more EH, I would switch 16 defense for 225 armor, Sons of Hodir enchant for the pvp enchant and in your feet take out the 15 stam 10 defense and just put a 30 stamina gem in it.

Other than those small things everything looks pretty good, you should be geared enough to start doing ToGC 10 as long as you use your cooldowns intelligently.
    I apparently can't see chardev at work, so what trinkets is he using? I would actually suggest against the glyph of indom because in my calcs the brewfest trinkets and heart of iron are more EHP, however if you cannot find those then yes, I'd say go with Glyph of Indom. The Black Heart = win though, get that if you don't have like krc said.Othwerwise ya: what krc said.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    I apparently can't see chardev at work, so what trinkets is he using? I would actually suggest against the glyph of indom because in my calcs the brewfest trinkets and heart of iron are more EHP, however if you cannot find those then yes, I'd say go with Glyph of Indom. The Black Heart = win though, get that if you don't have like krc said.Othwerwise ya: what krc said.
    Well actually he is using the Brewfest Trinkets you were right raid buffed the Brewfest Trinkets give him around 220 EH but In my opinion the great on use from the Glyph of Indom will save you more often than only around 220 EH plus it's always nice to have another cooldown on your bars.

Quote Originally Posted by krc View Post
    Well actually he is using the Brewfest Trinkets you were right raid buffed the Brewfest Trinkets give him around 220 EH but In my opinion the great on use from the Glyph of Indom will save you more often than only around 220 EH plus it's always nice to have another cooldown on your bars.
    Eh, I suppose that comes down to playstyle, I'd take the 220 EH, but it's hard to weigh on use's against static effects.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Thanks for suggestion guys! Seems like chardev link is not working anymore :S
    I will replace it with the armory link once the armory gets fixed.

I though about those things you said (replacing 16 def for 225 armor and replacing the green gem in my boots for pure stamina one because of the socket bonus it provides) but wasnt sure if I should replace the shoulder enchant.

I will do those small modifications + get GoI and will let you know how it all went

Thx again guys

Don't save your badges for the 245 stuff until you are actually killing anub and getting the tribute; upgrading other stuff is important so you can reach that point (although i can't see armory at work to recommend anything).

armory is up now,here is the link:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

BTW,armory is not showing some things correctly.Im using Clutch of Fortification - Item - World of Warcraft instead of the lvl232 ring from Onyxia and Blades of the Sable Cross - Item - World of Warcraft instead of the shotgun.

Now if you have a better picture of my gear,more suggestions are welcome!

Now that I can see your armory, I would make the following suggestions:

1) 30 stam gem in helm
    2) 30 stam/15 resil enchant on shoudlers
    3) 225 armor enchant to cloak
    4) go with 3 +30stam gems to chest
    5) +30 stam gem in the bracers
    6) +18 stam to shield
    7) Regem boots for stam
    8) Blood draining on weapon

Spec: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft <- the 3 points in focused rage CAN be moved to shield specialization, but I personally prefer focused rage. Deep wounds is pretty much a must though.

Also: I am very jealous of your helm.

Thanks for your suggestion.Tbh, I ve considered gemming for stamina but Im not sure if Its worth losing all that avoidance?

And yeah,a question..why do you think that 3/3 in Deep Wounds is so essential?Damage buff is just low as hell and I didnt notice some big aggro changes either :S

P.S - Yeah, that helm is pure gold

Quote Originally Posted by Adreno View Post
    Thanks for your suggestion.Tbh, I ve considered gemming for stamina but Im not sure if Its worth losing all that avoidance?

And yeah,a question..why do you think that 3/3 in Deep Wounds is so essential?Damage buff is just low as hell and I didnt notice some big aggro changes either :S

P.S - Yeah, that helm is pure gold
    Yes: it is worth losing the avoidance. How the majority of fights are designed that you're going to be fighting works is if a tank is going to die it is going to be to something unavoidable.

3/3 Deep Wounds is amazing aggro, my TPS/DPS back when I first did it in Naxx went up by like 1k/500 respectively. Like... seriously... deep wounds... get it... I've long forgotten where the threads where, I had the same reaction as you... but like... omg deep wounds, get it.

I saw the helm drop once... but I was on my warlock... Burnished Quel'Serrar dropped aslo... I wanted to cry.

+ Reply to Thread