+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Marmot & Introducing Aliena

Quote Originally Posted by Baelor View Post
    @Lore
    Utopia sounds like its a pretty heavy memory usage add-on. Do you know how much it pulls while active in a raid?
    Everything I've seen from it shows it to be low cpu, low memory, and undesirable to live without after using it for a while. I believe Auricle does a similar thing as well, though it also gives alternative buffs that compete with a given buff, and fades out buffs that you don't have so you know what to get. It's marginally useful for Joe Raider, and quite handy for a raid leader who is stacking buffs and keeping eyes on things like that.

WTB introducing ciderhelm?

You've been outbid on Introducing Ciderhelm.

Great videos

Great Videos Lore and Aliena.

I totally agree with you Lore. I also think it may even increase our survivability, especially well geared tanks.

I notice that because I have so much avoidance, I don't get spammed heals to avoid overhealing like I was used to in Vanilla and in BC, because I avoid more than I take, however like you said, 2 hits from a rough hitting boss like the new Onyxia or Heroic Gormok and *SPLAT*. Whereas when I die, tanks that have 5-8% less avoidance, less armor, and 4-7K less health than me are easier to keep up, because they are being spammed the entire fight with heals.

I'm eager to see if this change will give us more consistent heals and me as a warrior, less rage starving.

Its weird, I despise pure avoidance gear (you know the type, its got defense, dodge and parry on it, I only have 2 bits, belt and warrior tier gloves, or trinkets with passive dodge/parry) and yet my avoidance is around 60% unbuffed.

I understand the reason to lower it, but I just wish they would give us something in return like a dmg buff (particularly prot warriors).

Damage Buff

That's the thing, this lack of avoidance and more consistent rage generation should increase our DPS and there-in our TPS. At least, that's what I'm hoping to see with this.

/console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 4

'eres the macro i use to get my camera maxed out

Can I suggest using Windows Movie Maker or something like that to put a little textover when you're giving the names of addons to just have a written name on the screen? Save you the trouble of spelling it out.

@Lore/others:

you were talking about the -20% dodge. will this me a bigger factor for druids? or it the -20% of your current dodge? or the hard example "50%-20% = 30%"

never played sunwell so bit new to me

Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post
    @Lore/others:

you were talking about the -20% dodge. will this me a bigger factor for druids? or it the -20% of your current dodge? or the hard example "50%-20% = 30%"

never played sunwell so bit new to me
    Well, the dodge "debuff" will take place after dim. returns, so if your druid has 50% dodge after diminishing returns, then you would end up at 30%.

But in terms of impact, it actually has less of an impact on druids, since they usually have lower avoidance and higher armor than other tanks. You can go to wowthinktank if you wanna see the calculations.

@ Lore:

with the reduction in dodge, how do you think shield block rating/value is going to be effected with War's and Pallies? from what ive gathered it seems like it may be more valuable then trying to get back all the avoidance lost from the IC-R. Add the 4 piece reduc-shield in the War T10 prot bonus and it seems to me like the shield may become alot more then just an armor boost for EH. Although the 4 piece bouns for pallys seems to say differently, your thoughts?

(b")b Loving the weekly Marmot! Its helped me tweak my UI and it gives us watchers a bit of in sight to the faces in front of the monitors.

I think its time Ciderhelm did his now ^_^. If you do one I'll do one.

See you all in Ice Crown!

Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 11-03-2009 at 09:25 AM.

What was that boss health count down timer?

Love the videos sir. The only thing I would add is that in this 2nd one the music is a bit too loud vs. your voice. I could still hear everything you said but the levels could be tweaked.

Again, thanks for making the new videos!

Thanks so much for clearing up the 20% dodge questions!

deathclock

I think he said it was deathclock, just watch the video again to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Feranel View Post
    What was that boss health count down timer?

about tanks

nice description about what's happening to tanks there to tanks but I have one concern, what's going to happen to us bear tanks out there? it seems quite clear they don't want us to tank any more, from the premades on PTR , I made one there and you don't even get the +192stamina trinket that all the other possible tank classes get so its seems like some thing is happening here, and for icecrown, dodge is our only avoidance and were getting 20% less of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Munchakin View Post
    what's going to happen to us bear tanks out there? it seems quite clear they don't want us to tank any more, from the premades on PTR , I made one there and you don't even get the +192stamina trinket that all the other possible tank classes get so its seems like some thing is happening here, and for icecrown, dodge is our only avoidance and were getting 20% less of it...
    ThinkTank: [General, Druid] Icewell radiance, bears, and you

Read that. Felhoof summed it up pretty nicely.
    Don't worry so much about the PTR right now. It's there to collect data and not starting with the trinket doesn't mean anything.
    "Upon an order we plead, with the lure of a song, a sacred song, to the moon and the stars. An illusionary light is here placed."

These videos could really benefit from some production value. Tankspot is not a simple blog, it is a community that has always presented itself in a very professional manner. The videos are always edited with good transitions, good narration, and a well-written/read script.

If you are going to be doing "talking heads" in your videos, please rehearse your scripts a bit more. Using a tele-promoter on your monitor would also help keep your eyeline at the camera. Talk to your audience, not yourself. Don't get lost, checking your notes, looking down, looking around. Deliver the story.

Free Teleprompter Software

A few cheap lighting tips can help you improve the look of the videos:

Do not mix lighting sources. Indoor (tungsten in most cases) and daylight have different color temperatures. As does your monitor. This is what causes your face to be blue while your background is orange. (or vice-versa) Unless you're using a fairly sophisticated web-cam or are quite well-versed in things videography and using a quality camera, your camera will attempt to set the white-balance itself, and when you have mixed light sources, it picks a temperature between the different temperatures it sees and all the color is off. Also, using a tele-prompter with a mostly black background will eliminate alot of the light from that source.

For daylight, block it off. Indoor lighting is the easiest to move/adjust. Daylight varies.

@ Lore put a semi-transparent curtain type of material between you and the light coming from your upper right side when you shoot. It is destroying the tone in your face.

This may help as well:

http://www.techlearning.com/article/1162

Using simple household lighting can accomplish the same thing. Its about how you place it and how you modify it.

+ Reply to Thread