+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The road ahead.(Arms DPS)

The road ahead.(Arms DPS)

I have just recently leveled my old tanking warrior for the purpose off being arms. Over the last one and a half week Ive gathered some decent gear.

The World of Warcraft Armory

I have Stormedge in my inventory.

So the my questions are,
    Should I roll fury with a loss off raid buffs? We are about 50/50 when it comes to melee/casters.
    What upgrades should I be looking for?
    I know I could use some more expertise, but should I keep stacking ArP? Grim toll is not available to me since my guild is done with Naxxarams.
    Should I keep berskering or go for massacre?

We are currently clearing Ulduar 10 and ToC 10. While we are recruting people to do 25 off both instances so far we have only downed Levi, Razorscale, Ignis, XT, Aurayai in Uld 25.

Well it's not wanting to let me look at your Armory ATM. I suggest staying with Arms, I've played both, done a lot of DPS as both. I personally like Arms better, but it's more difficult to do the rotation, as where Fury is just managing your CD's efficiently.

As far as Hit/Expertise...etc. I'd go with about 232 hit IF you have a Draenei in your raid at all times, if not get 264. As far as expertise, you can get away with 16 Expertise, if you spec into Weapon Mastery. If you'd prefer to keep 2 points in Imp Execute, rather than Weapon Mastery and Gem for Expertise, you'll more than likely lower your DPS by quite a bit. The cap for Expertise is 26.

If you looked around, you'd notice my other posts where I state when to begin stacking for ArP. You should stack ArP once you hit 30% (40% Including Battle Stance) PASSIVE (From Gear ONLY) ArP, once you have, start stacking it. Otherwise stay with STR until that point.

Upgrades, well I'd be pushing for the T9 Emblem Gear, as the set bonus is quite nice for us Arms Warriors. Also just farm heroics (as I said I can't see your gear) to get your 2 piece T8.5 until you can get better, etc.

Berserking deffinetly for Arms, you'll be happy with it. Though, I recommend using a Polearm or Axe.

Now the Armory is back up, so I'll tell you accordingly.

For Expertise, take the 2 points out of Imp Execute, and put them in Weapon Mastery, then you'll only need 10 more Expertise which is not very hard to get. Take the Expertise Enchant off of your Bracers as it's garbage and is not worth using over +50 AP.

For your Helm, +21 Crit Rating and 3% Critical Strike is better than the one you have. +21 Agi only grants 0.34% Crit. According to a program I use, it'll boost your DPS by a tiny bit, considering their cheap on my server, I'd pay the gold for it.
    Last edited by IceCold; 11-02-2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Armory Working

it's actually 18 expertise with weapon mastery 2/2

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Really? I have 16 Expertise, and I'm only 15 Rating off of the Cap...so 1 +20 Expertise gem would Cap me. Hmm

6.5% chance to be dodged by a raid level boss

-2% from weapon mastery = 4.5%.

.25% per expertise skill

4.5/.25 = 18

Thanks for the responses. Ill change my bracer enchant asap.
    And the specc I guess, Ive been a bit unsure about the 2 points in execute vs mastery since I havent been at the dodge cap.
    I do raid with a draenei but Ill probably stay above 264 anyways, but I do want to change my glove enchant. I was thinking about the 15 expertise, but there might be a bigger boost to my DPS?

Ill stay Arms, I find it to be the most fun specc for me. I am currently specced prot for my secondary specc tough, but I am thinking about either speccing fury for my offspecc or the incite build for more aoe focused encounters.

About AoE encounters, I have a non-gear related topic.
    Do you pull aggro easily while bladestorming? We did crazy cat-lady last night, I waited to see 3x Blizzards, DnDīs, consecrates etc before I popped mine(I had gone trough Rend->MS-> Overpower->Slam) before I poped BS, but I got aggro and died

Bladestorm is always very tricky, it takes aggro quickly, just use it during your second or 3rd rotation if still viable to be safer about it. Or do what I do, pop it and shout for a bop =P

Ill remember the bop tricks =)

Thanks for all the info, Ill probably be good up trough ToC 25 atleast for now

For your Gloves, Crusher is the best if you are not lacking hit. It's +44 AP.

I did some napkin-math when I was working today and it seems Weapon Mastery and Imp. Execute is pretty even DPS wise.

I respecced away from Execute and into Weapon Mastery wich made me loose about 1200 damage on each Execute crit.

I do 10 attacks over 8 seconds~. So I lost 1200 damage every 8 second(Sudden Death)
    1200/8 = 150 dps~

So, 100 attacks takes me 80 seconds to complete so if I get 2% more dodge, thats 2 attacks dodged.

If its 2x MS that is dodge I loose about 12000 damage
    So 12000 / 80 = 150 dps~

So, its about the same if I get MS dodged, I selected MS as its a middle range attack when it comes to damage so it should be about the same.
    But if whites get dodged, I loose rage.

Well, my point with this was just to show that its not that much difference between the 2 talents, but Weapon Mastery should be used because dodges on whites have a high probability of screwing you over rage wise.

+ Reply to Thread