+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what should I do?

what should I do?

my stats are ok 23458 armor 553 defense 24.19dodge 22.10 parry 17.64 block 276 hit 28 expertise 33khps .....but im having a problem on my server getting into raids even vault and ony they say my health is too low but they will take a tank with 40k and not at the defense minimum or over 20% dodge i had a problem with threat in raids that is why im hit capped and soft expertise capped but they will take an inferior tank with more hps over a mitigation tank that can't be crit.... so what do i do just go for health and forgo the other stats or just keep looking for groups that will take me?
    my armory The World of Warcraft Armory
    Last edited by hyrl; 10-28-2009 at 10:56 PM.

Well for starters, you're over the hit cap. Thats never good. Secondly, you're having threat problems, not because of hit, but because of your talents/glyphs. Switch to the standard Deep Wounds 15/5/51 or 15/3/53 and glyph accordingly(just look for them here on tankspot, they are easy to find). Your gemming could use some looking at too.

If the people you are trying to run with say you need more health, you have 2 options.
    1)Find more health
    2)Find new people

Taking tanks that are not crit immune is poor raid leadership. Not discounting you, but id say it is unlikely they are taking tanks that are not at the def minimum. Most 40k tanks will be. Outside of the suggestions Thaak gave you, you are fine. Your health is fine for VoA and Ony. Just fix yourself up a bit and don't let those Brewfest trink tanks ruin your day/fun.
    Zeppelin, Wow, and Whiskey... Can life get any better? I submit that it Can NOT!

What is the answer for my gems? more stam? more mitigation?

I personally never gem for hit and my hit is pretty low due to Totc gear having next to none of it. There is a pretty sexy post somewhere here about Expertise> hit.

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/5...tarvation.html

Change your hit to def + stam gems to make yellow socket bonus'. Change your meta to 32 stam 2% armor. Outside of that if you are shooting for your socket bonus' you are aight.
    Zeppelin, Wow, and Whiskey... Can life get any better? I submit that it Can NOT!

Thank you i have taken your suggestions and applied them if anyone can give me anything else i would greatly appreciate it i will report back and tell you how things go

first off if you are having threat problems i would change your spec to something like this: The World of Warcraft Armory
    i use it and i think it is good for threat

with your gems i would change most of them to 30 stamina and get the 32 stam 2% armor meta gem. if you want you can keep some 10 exp 15 stam gems in to keep you at the 26 expertise dodge cap for threat and keeping the meta gem requirement.

with enchants i would recommend getting the 30 stam 15 resil shoulder chant and if you have enough defense use the JC Figurine - Monarch Crab trinket in place of the onyxia one imo.

hope this helps

edit: forgot glyphs.. personally i recommend glyph of devastate, glyph of blocking and glyph of shield wall as majors for a balance between threat and survivability but I'm not to sure if they are best.
    Last edited by Tyrz; 10-29-2009 at 01:11 AM.

I was able to get you to 35,256 using this strategy:

helm - Solid Majestic Zircon - Item - World of Warcraft
    shoulder - Guardian's Dreadstone - Item - World of Warcraft and Greater Inscription of the Gladiator - Item - World of Warcraft
    chest - 2x Solid Majestic Zircon - Item - World of Warcraft
    bracers - Nightmare Tear - Item - World of Warcraft
    weapon - Solid Majestic Zircon - Item - World of Warcraft
    gloves - Guardian's Dreadstone - Item - World of Warcraft
    belt - Guardian's Dreadstone - Item - World of Warcraft and 2x Solid Majestic Zircon - Item - World of Warcraft
    ring - Solid Majestic Zircon - Item - World of Warcraft

You should be using epic gems in all your slots anyways if you are trying to raid content. I personally prefer SW/last stand/devastate in my three glyph slots but whatever you'd like to do. I also like taking improved disciplines alongside the SW glyph.

Keep in mind, other tanks may not look crit immune but if they are using a PvP shoulder enchant they only need 536 defense to remain crit immune. If a DK is using a PvP weapon the defense requirement is even lower.

The thing that startled me most actually was your armor. 23k is really really low. 33kHP isn't too high either.

I am one of the stam fanboys, I used to do the balance thing and I died. I agree that stam is better, but I go so far as to say only gem stam except for 1 stam/red gem (usually exp or dodge) that fits a socket bonus of +9 stam or higher. Warriors have one of the lowest natural EHP pools so we need to stack it. I personally would put the stam/dodge gem in your belt, and EVERYTHING else as +30 stam.

Only trinket is alright, but as long as you're over 536 def with the 30 stam/15 resil shoulder enchant (10k honor from pvp vendors in org) then you don't really need it. If you can I'd HIGHLY suggest picking up the black heart, it's fairly easily farmable from Normal ToC 5.

Also: At they very least you should change to 225 armor to cloak, if not also 240 armor to gloves also, they are significantly better enchants to what you have unless threat is a major issue for you, but frankly I have low threat stats and rarely have problems.

For enchant I'd recommend Blood draining or Bladeward to weapon, if you're having HP problems then definitely Blood draining. There's also no reason for a tank warrior to EVER use a nightmare tear.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I haven't done the math, but off hand with the current itemization on gear, I'd suggest that a tank with 40k unbuffed health would be crit-immune by default if she was wearing tank gear.

Please accept my next statement as the constructive criticism that its intended to be. Why would you go to the trouble and expense of making or having top-end crafted tanking gear made and then throwing substandard gems into it? Especially when you're a JC? With pugs, they don't have a lot to go to know how capable of a tank you are and gearing choices can sometimes offer hints at what sort of player is behind the toon so why do things half-assed?

+ Reply to Thread