+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: WotLK Restoration Druid Guide

idk why people seem to keep misunderstanding what I was saying and posting well random responses due to it.

Yes I know glyph of innervate isn't the best the reason .. again ... that I took it was due to the fact that at the time of glyphing I was lacking spirit and low on mana thus was having mana issues the only other choice that would work was rapid rejuv but at the time my haste was so low that I also didn't see a point in that if the innervate would help solve the temp issue of mana since I was still in allot of bad blues and allot of boomkin gear.

as this is no longer a problem I am working on switching it out.

as for my nourish comments that seemed to confuse or annoy or idk make lego giggle. I understood the haste discussion as to what the 736 did and was simple stating that within the guild I am in some people were debating the help to your overall healing output.

these people happen to use nourish more and since many people in the druid community seemed to be dropping crit for haste the convo of the haste vs crit to help nourish "debate" began.

personally after healing for a bit as a druid I would think that regardless of the numbers sinc eI haven't worked them out that just shear utility getting rejuv out faster and then having the glyph woud be better then not "Focusing" on haste and maybe looking for a bit more crit.

however the question of changing states doesn't apply to my story as I am a new 80. I was simply mentioning that for some reason other druids in my guild that I talk to like the haste they have w/e it may be and would rather look for things that help thier nourish and spike healing.

and that because of that initially (when I first posted not the later ones) I was wondering how useful the 1 sec gcd truly is in terms of output vs a say 1.1-.3 gcd.

hmm reading this over I doubt I actually clarified anything but meh. anyway ty for those that commented in reference to me for doing what I am sure was meant as help. and not just mocking of my glyph :/

Hello,

Got a druid with 4x Tier 9 and Helm of Abundant Growth. I simply wanna know if its worth buying Shoulders of the Fateful Accord from badges, and enchant my Essence of Desire from Devourer of Souls in The Forge of Souls HC. Or should i go with the 4set bonus, since its pretty awesome ?

Thanks

Amory, btw :

The World of Warcraft Armory

LLego i have a few questions this is my armory link
    right now i am 739 haste which if i was in 3 inCF would be above haste cap. i tryed 3 in cf but had some mana problems. main heals are rejuv ,wg,then swiftmend and nourish like i will hot the entire ra up but im running low on mana should i only hot certain targets up or does that mean im over healing too much? that was why i dropped the cf build and advice would help ty.like right now i have the badge 245 helm but i could get a t10 but i would drop haste or upgrade different piece but would lose my 4 piece t9 bonus of rejuv crit.
    Last edited by Veoleta; 01-10-2010 at 11:21 PM. Reason: forgot to add a little more info

Quote Originally Posted by Veoleta View Post
    LLego i have a few questions this is my armory link
    right now i am 739 haste which if i was in 3 inCF would be above haste cap. i tryed 3 in cf but had some mana problems. main heals are rejuv ,wg,then swiftmend and nourish like i will hot the entire ra up but im running low on mana should i only hot certain targets up or does that mean im over healing too much? that was why i dropped the cf build and advice would help ty.like right now i have the badge 245 helm but i could get a t10 but i would drop haste or upgrade different piece but would lose my 4 piece t9 bonus of rejuv crit.
    Being over the haste cap by such a small amount isn't a terrible thing.. I think your mana problems more likely came from glyph of rapid rejuv if you are just blanketing your raid in rejuvs more than from having 3 points in CF. Personally I'm not going to drop my 4pc until I have enough badges and tokens for the Heroic version of t10, just because the 4pc doesn't seem to be very promising right now, and it will be a little more difficult to reach the level of haste I want. Also, remember that if you haven't spent points in Celestial Focus the level of haste you'll need is 856, not 736. Without looking at logs I can't really tell a lot about why you're going OOM, but I can tell you have more mana unbuffed than I do. Overall it just sounds like you're probably doing a lot of overhealing, I'd say get an addon like forte where you can track your hots to be sure that you aren't renewing the too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Llego View Post
    Being over the haste cap by such a small amount isn't a terrible thing.. I think your mana problems more likely came from glyph of rapid rejuv if you are just blanketing your raid in rejuvs more than from having 3 points in CF. Personally I'm not going to drop my 4pc until I have enough badges and tokens for the Heroic version of t10, just because the 4pc doesn't seem to be very promising right now, and it will be a little more difficult to reach the level of haste I want. Also, remember that if you haven't spent points in Celestial Focus the level of haste you'll need is 856, not 736. Without looking at logs I can't really tell a lot about why you're going OOM, but I can tell you have more mana unbuffed than I do. Overall it just sounds like you're probably doing a lot of overhealing, I'd say get an addon like forte where you can track your hots to be sure that you aren't renewing the too soon.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who is a little disappointed about that t10 set bonuses. After taking one look at the new gear, I pouted just a little. I, too, decided to just build my frost badges until I can get a Heroic version t10 especially so I don't end up breaking my t9 set bonuses for such a long period of time. I like my t9 set bonuses!

As for the haste issue, I'm struggling to figure out how I'm going to hit the cap. I'm gemming for haste and sp, chanting for haste where I can and trying to horde as much haste gear as possible. However, I haven't yet changed my spec, as I'm not sure how I'm going to like sacrificing points from my resto tree in order to get CF in the bal tree. I wish Blizz would stop making such stupid decisions when it comes to how the talent trees are set up and forcing us to mix and match so oddly (in general, not just for druids).

I do agree that with so many other resto druids that we have been a little screwed after this last patch. I've heard other healing classes complain that trees are OP, but I actually disagree. We're built mostly for raid healing (though I can tank heal pretty effectively when needed), and I've seen resto shammies blow us out of the water in terms of raid healing (that chain heal is just amazing), so that's just silly. I'm peeved that we've been nerfed so much after this last patch. The good thing is that I haven't noticed a huge change in my actual healing efficiency yet and I plan to try out the new haste spec just to see what I think about it.
    Be a tree hugger!

Interesting!

I've found the current resto Druid setup to be one of the most flexible for healing I've played. The wide variety of HOTs combined with some powerful single-target heals, the extremely high mana regen and those useful instant OHSHIT buttons make it a very versatile class. The only thing I'd suggest a Tree is lacking is a save-the-tank button - that is, something to keep them alive when the damage is simply too high to heal through, i.e. Pain Suppression/Guardian Spirit/Hand of Sacrifice. Can't have everything though, right?

Commenting on the use of Nourish - I've found its introduction really influential on my playstyle, especially with all the talents/glyph geared towards it. This doesn't show up quite so much in 25man raiding, since I'm generally quite busy pre-emptively HoTting people in preparation for damage, but as we progress further into ICC, I'm noticing that raid healing is becomming the easy part of any given right, and tank healing is the more tricky part - with the exception of Putricide [which reminds me a whole lot of doing Mimiron hardmode - as long as you stay out of the stuff that one/two-shots you, the vast majority of damage is avoidable] I can't say we have any trouble keeping raid members alive, unless they're running into big slimes or standing in Saber Lashes, that sort of thing. What is harder is having the tank healing output to keep one up through Festergut's third inhale, for example, or a minute's worth of Muradin pounding on him as we try to get On a Boat - not because our tank healers are struggling, but simply because there will be points at which, like H.ToC25, bosses hit your tank three times in a row and if you don't have 100k worth of healing coming in over 2/3 seconds, your tank is dead - so if your Holy Pally has paused for even a second, or Penance is on CD, you need something filling in the gap. With Festergut especially, I find that ability to throw out Nourish crits worth 10-12k every second is invaluable. Add in Living Seed for each crit, and the rolling hots that pump up Nourish's output, and you have probably 18k worth of healing coming in every second, which [while overhealing a LOT] is unfortunately necessary for those points at which Tank CDs are down and your Holy Pally has been disoriented, for example.
    I find it works the same way for raid spot healing, actually - Lady Deathwhisper phase three, for example, I've found that if I take a break from HoTting people up to throw a Nourish on anyone who gets hit by a ghost, they're a lot less likely to die from a Frostbolt Volley and/or a badly placed D&D wiping them out when they're low health - with all the crits coming in and near/at the global haste cap, Nourish comes with around a 1sec cast time, which is perfect for getting a few low people up very quickly before some more raid-wide damage comes in. I'm finding it more and more necessary for Putricide, too, where if Malleable Goo hasn't killed someone, they need to be amped up ASAP before something else comes along and kills them.

We generally 2-heal 10man runs Tree/Angel [resto druid/holy priest], which gives a good amount of flexibility and enough pure healing output to keep the raid up as long as they're not doing anything TOO stupid. It proved to be the perfect combination for ToGC10 [better than Healadin/Tree or Healadin/Shammy in my opinion], and I'm kind of hoping it'll prove to be the same for ICC. I do find myself using a lot more direct single-target heals [Nourish/Regrowth/Swiftmend] and relying on well-placed Wild Growths more for raid healing - I tried out the Rejuv glyph, but I found the increased healing output wasn't making me happy enough compared to having a longer duration on the player - this may change as fights become more raid healing intensive, we'll have to see, but for now I'd rather have a HoT that ticks away all through Bone Storm, for example, rather than heals faster and falls off halfway through. The same is true for Festergut, where I prefer to be able to keep the entire raid rolling with HoTs than have them heal faster. Preference, I know!

Lastly - for Trees just starting out I'd recommend a really lightweight little add-on called Lifebloomer, it's brilliant for healing heroics and 10mans, I find it a lot easier to use than Healbot [although I HB it up for 25man raids!].

Thanks for this excellent guide!

I have a question about gemming, I noticed alot on my server that people are skipping the socket bonus to gem for say a solid stat like 23sp in a yellow socket, is this viable for a resto druid like it is for a Holy Pally with Int?
    I would like to take 23sp over a 10sp and 10spirit gem.

Sorry dont know if this is the correct place for this.

I put runed cardinal rubies in every slot except those where the set bonus would exceed the bonus red gem alone, though this is seldom the case.

On mana regen:

I hear a lot of druids - especially at the higher levels - talk about not gemming, enchanting, gearing or glyphing for mana regen because it's never a problem.

Armory link for reference: The World of Warcraft Armory - Bovinity @ Mug'thol - Profile

My question would be, under what circumstances do you judge this by? I ask because there are a lot of times when I'm realizing that I'm burning through mana so fast that I have to throttle back a lot and it hurts my throughput. Especially fights on which I'm trying to do a 5x1 rotation on 3 groups.

I notice it a lot on fights like Festergut, Twins and Putricide. I'd like to be blanketing the raid in rejuvs, but I just absolutely burn through the mana and can't proactively HoT people up, so I end up reactively doing it, which generally just gets my HoT's sniped by Chain Heals and such, and makes me feel useless.

Miraculously I still end up on top of healing meters a lot of the time, but I don't feel like it's a lot of useful healing. (i.e., Rejuv/WG ticks on people getting Chain Heals anyway.) Of course a lot of that might be due to our healing composition lately. Holy pallies haven't been showing up, so our healing crew consists of a resto druid, a disc priest, a holy priest and THREE resto shammies. >< Whatever damage isn't absorbed beforehand by the disc priest mass shielding ends up getting steamrolled by 3 chain heal spamming shammies.

Long story short, all you trees that talk about mana not being a problem anymore, how are you healing for the most part? Do you still have mana issues in some situations? What is the meaning of life? Why won't Solace drop for me?
    Last edited by Bovinity; 01-19-2010 at 01:41 PM.

I'm an aspiring druid healer and would love an example of healing styles most commonly used for raid healing. I usually heal on my shammy, which is largely about reacting to damage taken before I cast... but when applying that style to my druid that target is usually dead or someone else has healed them before my heal has fired?

Do druids require to have Rejuv's or Regrowth's on most raid members at all times? Do they generally fire off WG everytime it's off CD? Coz waiting for the damage to happen before I cast isn't helping me... and even then I'm scratching my head thinking "Ok... now which spell should I be using... Rejuv+Nourish, Rejuv+SMend.. Regrowth? ..."

Any and all advice welcome.
    Last edited by Reith; 01-21-2010 at 07:17 PM.

I also have a shammy healer and tree, I had the opposite problem from you as my tree is my main. HoT blanketing is good, If you expect incoming damage they should have a hot or multiple hots cast nourish swiftmend as needed. Edit...i forgot WG I hit it at every CD, I am wearing the 2 T10 so it is extra beneficial for me to have WG up

hi llego. i just recently came across your armory today.. and im really looking forward about your take on the Trauma weapon since you have it.. ive wanted it for a while but alot of people says its not really a viable weapon to have for a resto druid.. so im wondering how does it affect your whole healing genre... i would love your input on it.. i personally have the Maghari Cheiftain staff atm..

Drody, I love the weapon Trauma. I was unsure about it at first too, but after looking through logs it actually procs so so much, the only downside of this weapon is that it has no haste on it.

As a side note, I will keep this guide updated as much as possible, but recent advances in my career have made it to the point where I will no longer be an active raider in <Angry>. I want to personally thank all of you for taking the time to read this guide, as I have learned just as much from you as I can only hope you have from me. Thanks again to all of you, and good luck in Azeroth!

hi,

I find green captions from hots really annoying, especially when its a 25 man and there are like 15 rejuvenates running at times, so i ended up shutting heal captions all together. How do you guys go about healing captions?
    also kinda related, is there an addon that would alert if decurse was successful or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    I'm an aspiring druid healer and would love an example of healing styles most commonly used for raid healing. I usually heal on my shammy, which is largely about reacting to damage taken before I cast... but when applying that style to my druid that target is usually dead or someone else has healed them before my heal has fired?

Do druids require to have Rejuv's or Regrowth's on most raid members at all times? Do they generally fire off WG everytime it's off CD? Coz waiting for the damage to happen before I cast isn't helping me... and even then I'm scratching my head thinking "Ok... now which spell should I be using... Rejuv+Nourish, Rejuv+SMend.. Regrowth? ..."

It can vary depending on 10 or 25 man, how many druid healers are in your raid, and what you're being assigned to. An ideal healing team would have druids assigned to raid healing while keeping hots on the tanks as a buffer for the MT healers. When I'm raid healing I do a lot of preemptive Rejuv hotting and use Swiftmend if someone dips dangerously low. If SM is on CD or they're still taking damage most of the time I will use Regrowth. Due to the changes in 3.3 and the amount of haste we are now stacking the cast time on Regrowth is fairly low. The amount of spot healing you do should remain fairly low because a Paladin or Priest is going to be much better at using a Flash heal to top that person off. The only time I will cast Nourish to top someone off is if I'm worried about mana, which is generally never an issue. I found that when I tried to Nourish spam raid members most of the time they would receive a heal from someone else before I got done casting and would waste a lot of time and mana doing overhealing. On fights that have a constant damage aura (ex. Festergut, Blood Queen, Sindragosa) I will constantly spam Rejuv on the entire raid and usually will count on my fellow healers to top someone off if they dip too low. After you start getting used to the different boss fights you will start to learn who takes the most damage and who to hot up first. For my glyph choices I run with WG, Swiftmend, and then swap out Rapid Rejuv, Rejuv, and Innervate for my 3rd glyph based on the boss fight. I generally don't use Rejuv Glyph because most of the time people aren't going to be dipping under 50%. The only fights I've found it useful is on heroic Twins in ToC and possibly Blood Queen and Festergut with the high damaging raid auras. Rapid Rejuv becomes very useful in 10 mans and in 25 mans on fights that have concentrated amounts of damage to raid members. I like using it on Saurfang, Rotface, and Putricide. It's also good for Dreamwalker for higher hps because all the ticks will be effective healing.

If you're unfortunate enough to be put exclusively on the tanks then your play style will need to change a bit. Reaching the haste cap is a bit less of an issue since you're not constantly spamming hots and crit becomes slightly more valuable. Picking up Empowered Touch, Living Seed and possibly Natural Perfection are going to be some important talents for tank healing. Nature's Grace is also a helpful talent but can be optional if you're not going for 3/3 Celestial Focus and want to keep the points in the Resto tree. Glyphing for Nourish and possibly Regrowth are also going to help you out there as well.

As a side note, I used to heal via X-Perl's raid frames by manual targeting with mouse clicks and hitting key binds. When I started getting into the theorycrafting and reading EJ forums everyone was using Grid. I tried it out and I disliked it a lot, I couldn't get it to do what I wanted and it was very confusing when trying to configure it. Even after asking for help from some fellow healers I ditched Grid for VuhDo and I absolutely love it. It gives the same visual display as your normal raid frames does while displaying hots and debuffs. It also has a built in feature that does the same thing as Clique letting you mouse over + mouse clicks for healing. It also allowed me to ditch my additional mod I was using for decursing as well. It's a highly customizable tool and I would suggest that everyone try it out.
    Last edited by bling581; 02-10-2010 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    On mana regen:

I hear a lot of druids - especially at the higher levels - talk about not gemming, enchanting, gearing or glyphing for mana regen because it's never a problem.

Armory link for reference: The World of Warcraft Armory - Bovinity @ Mug'thol - Profile

My question would be, under what circumstances do you judge this by? I ask because there are a lot of times when I'm realizing that I'm burning through mana so fast that I have to throttle back a lot and it hurts my throughput. Especially fights on which I'm trying to do a 5x1 rotation on 3 groups.

I notice it a lot on fights like Festergut, Twins and Putricide. I'd like to be blanketing the raid in rejuvs, but I just absolutely burn through the mana and can't proactively HoT people up, so I end up reactively doing it, which generally just gets my HoT's sniped by Chain Heals and such, and makes me feel useless.

Miraculously I still end up on top of healing meters a lot of the time, but I don't feel like it's a lot of useful healing. (i.e., Rejuv/WG ticks on people getting Chain Heals anyway.) Of course a lot of that might be due to our healing composition lately. Holy pallies haven't been showing up, so our healing crew consists of a resto druid, a disc priest, a holy priest and THREE resto shammies. >< Whatever damage isn't absorbed beforehand by the disc priest mass shielding ends up getting steamrolled by 3 chain heal spamming shammies.

Long story short, all you trees that talk about mana not being a problem anymore, how are you healing for the most part? Do you still have mana issues in some situations? What is the meaning of life? Why won't Solace drop for me?
    Question 1: How am I healing for the most part? Well, I'm simply healing! I know, not much help. It really is dependent on the fight. We've been using less healers that we had been using in ToC, and that frees me up to try some new stuff, like tank healing! The majority of my heals are (in this order) Rejuv, WG, Swiftmend, and Noruish when raid healing. However, tank healing is full blown, use everything sort of healing for me. Meter wise, it changes often. I'm doing good enough to not be replaced! And that works for me.
    Question 2: Mana issues? Depends on the fight yet again... Saurfang... Yeah, I normally use a mana pot and innervate. But that fight I am tank healing and when I have the GCD to spare throwing hots on the marked person. Putricide? He's a joke (mana wise....). Unless I was dumb and died, the little arcane mage I'm assigned to gets my innervate. Granted, when we first hit ToGC I was hurting for mana. After hitting ICC, I picked up an extra 200 spirit from gear upgrades which has helped.
    Question 3: Life?! here
    Question 4: Solace of the Defeated?? I don't know, why won't blizz let me mail my regular one to my shammy and let me keep the heroic version?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    On mana regen:

I never seem to have mana issues either and don't know why some do unless I could see them in action or look over their Recount/WWS logs. I don't gem for regen except for when a piece of gear has a blue socket and the bonus is spellpower, then I'll put in a Purified Dreadstone. I'm also only using the 245 Solace, my other trinket is the Abacus from ICC. When I checked your armory you were in Boomkin gear so I can't really judge by gearing choices. If you're having a hard time with mana try picking up the Purified Lunar Dust from the Frost badge vendor. If you don't have a Solace and probably won't be able to get one another good trinket is Sliver of Pure Ice. If you're using the Ember meta gem trying switching to the Insightful for added regen. I've seen some players who are Resto/Boomkin pick up a lot of haste/crit gear and use it for both specs. While it's not a bad thing using too many pieces without regen could be hurting. I recently picked up Trauma from 25 ICC which is a really nice weapon but it has no haste or regen on it. The Mag'hari Chieftan's staff has a lot of spirit on it with 2 blue sockets and a ton of haste. If, for some reason, I would have mana issues you can always swap weapons and offhands during combat for a high regen weapon.

Like the above poster stated, I just heal. I rarely, if ever glance at my mana bar because I spend all my time watching my raid frames and moving out/away of dangerous stuff that might kill me. Often times I'll know when it's time to Innervate or pot because I emptied my bar (lol), which I admit is a bit reckless.

I always top the meters on effective healing but I also top the meters most of the time on overhealing as well, even higher than our Holy Paladin. I admit that having 3 resto shamans in your group is a bit brutal but it's still going to be better to prehot then not do it. If you're still topping the meters then you're probably doing it the right way. If you try to spot heal and Nourish spam like some druids do you're going to find that Holy Paladins and Priests will beat you to it with Flash heals. I'm not saying don't spot heal but I try to leave it up to the other classes that are better at it.

Glyph of Innervate, as a last resort, for mana problems because there are generally better glyphs for healing.
    Last edited by bling581; 02-10-2010 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pvladimirski View Post
    hi,

I find green captions from hots really annoying, especially when its a 25 man and there are like 15 rejuvenates running at times, so i ended up shutting heal captions all together. How do you guys go about healing captions?
    also kinda related, is there an addon that would alert if decurse was successful or not?
    I use parrot for my scrolling combat text and use default options, other than the font size.... I made it much smaller. It also has large sticky text when your decure fails. Super handy!

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post

I use XPerl raid frames because they have a lot of informative features that I became accustomed to, having healed with various classes since BC raiding. Rather than click-targeting though, I use mouseover macros (mostly because there was a time when click-targetting was laggy, but I wouldn't heal without them now).

Pre-hotting is key. If the raid lead has DBM working its magic, you'll see the raid symbols employed on health frames and be able to hot up anyone who is about to take spike damage (eg: Bone Spike Graveyard in the Marrowgar encounter). Typically in a regular non-aura fight, I'll pre-hot any raid member who has aggro, or who has taken damage, even small amounts. I will also keep Rejuv/Regrowth rolling on the tanks. In an encounter with a damage aura mechanic it's Rejuvs for everyone! Regarding Wild Growth, I try to time casting it where I know that a certain group will take damage. It is used more reactively because of its mechanics, but it's no good to have it on cooldown when it's really needed. Occasionally I'll use it on a tank even with no nearby raid members, but this is only if I can't be still to cast regrowth/nourish and they're already rocking rejuv+3 stacks of lifebloom and they're taking mass amounts of damage.

In a lot of encounters it's not necessary to have rejuv rolling on everyone at all times, this would lead to mana issues and an excess of overhealing.

My spell usage is something along these lines:

Rejuv (always the first spell cast)
    Regrowth (on targets that will require more healing than rejuv alone, used primarily for the long HoT component rather than its initial heal)
    Swiftmend (for spike damage, used more on tanks and healers rather than on DPS, used quite heavily)
    Wild Growth (situational, not overly used, but very handy)
    Nourish (tanks mostly, usually only when I have to help cover off because the specific healer is CCd)
    Healing Touch (very rarely used, some encounters I don't use it at all... can be useful if used with Nature's Grasp in a sticky situation, or you can pre-cast if you know the tank is about to take a big hit)
    Lifebloom (not commonly used except on tanks)
    Tranquility (almost never used)

Hope this helps!

Hey all, new poster. Came across this excellent guide, but after 4 pages, I'm surprised that I didn't see a mention of Glyph of Rapid Rejuvination, but Glyph of Rejuvination is mentioned a bit. In fact I rarely run into healers who use it, and I don't know why. Am I missing something really important about the Glyph of Rapid Rejuv?

Now with all the awesome haste we Druids must have in order to hit the 1 sec GCD, I picked up Rapid Rejuvination day 1 and I have never looked back. My Rejuv's tick closer together. Back when I had T9, it meant my Rejuv's scaled with SP, Crit, and Haste, which to me made it full of potential. Sure, the spell ends sooner (mine lasts only 14 seconds or less, depending on buffs and whatnot), but it means raid or tank healing is accomplished much quicker. Then again, my overheal is typically pretty darned high. The 4 seconds of difference you will hardly miss, where I found that Glyph of Rejuvination (not Rapid Rejuv) just never really equated to very much healing for me. If Regrowth's HoT were affected the same way by haste, man that would be the bee's knees. But for the record, according to Skada, Rejuvination is the major source of my healing (typically over 40%).

As for mana issues, I find I don't experience them often. Clearcasting + Lifebloom = free 400 mana for those who are savvy enough to watch for the proc. Then again I also run with the Revitalize talent, and typically I end up just casting Wild Growth on myself as often as needed/possible. Between the two I hardly touch Innervate, and typically end fights with either 3/4-1/2 mana. Solo healing on Saurfang 10 was the only time I had to run to the razor line, hit Innervate at 1/2, and just managed to last long enough with a potion to hit 3 minutes and hit it again.

I posted some healing suggestions on another forum, I'll post them here quick.
    -If it's a target needs a direct heal and doesn't already have a HoT, I throw Regrowth. If they have a HoT but it's ending soon (and isn't Regrowth's HoT) then I throw Regrowth. If they have a HoT that isn't ending soon, Nourish.
    -If a tank needs healing right now, I go Rejuv + Swiftmend, and get started on a Nourish.
    -If it's a matter of pre-HoT'ing for a big AoE, I go Lifebloom if I can get the timing, Rejuv if I'm not sure of my timing. DBM for the win. Trying to pre-HoT with Regrowth I find clumsy. And it is a waste of mana to toss it just to HoT someone, because you are ignoring the direct heal portion, and the HoT (while long) is weaker per tick by quite a margin.
    -When raid healing, I see lots of healers toss out wild growth, and then give those targets further heals. In a 10 man that might be fine, or if you have really well defined healing assignments in 25 man (and maybe extra healers too), but otherwise, this isn't quite the coverage you are looking for when raid healing. I like to use Decimate as an example. 25 people are all but flatlined. 5 healers means, if you are coordinated (not counting pre-HoT's), 5 GCD's to bring everyone up a survivable level again. If you (the druid) toss WG and it lands on 5 (or 6 if glyphed) targets, you're other 4 GCD's are spent bringing up 4 other people. That's 9 people in 5 GCD's, which is far more efficient, not to mention helpful to the rest of the healers.

Just some thoughts.

I have found I like the glyph of rapid rejv for some fights and for some it sucks. I now carry a stack of that and the nourish glyph and switch as needed. If you want to blanket three groups plus the tanks with a rejv, then don't have the rapid rejv glyph. Most fights I like it as it heals the target quicker.

My healing rotation for 25 mans is primarly rejvs and wildgrowth (5X1) with a rejv/regrowth rolling on the tanks when they are taking more damage otherwise they just get a rejv also. One thing to note for new healers, use your wildgrowth on a person with lots of people within 15 yards .. don't waste it on a ranged standing out by himself. When I'm not sure I cast it on the tank or the melee. I do use nourish when the tank is taking more damage or if a tank healer had died and I'm picking up tank heals.

If I do a 10 without a tank healer (my normal one uses a resto shaman and me for most bosses) then I use the nourish glyph as I find myself doing more tank healing than I like.

I also switch gear (primarily weapon and a few off pieces) out for 25s and 10s. My 25 gear has more crit and only 736 haste while my 10 gear has more haste as I don't have all the buffs needed to only carry 726 haste.

I've used grid (and clique) for years and love it. I also have the spells I use the most on mouse over macros. Clique can get laggy sometimes and the mouse overs for me are a lot faster. I also use decursive for decursing .. even though I COULD put them on grid.

+ Reply to Thread