+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: WotLK Restoration Druid Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Arielin View Post
    All these changes while i understand the theory bother me a bit thought maybe you could clarify. from the discussions on the wow forums it seems that we are talking about a change in GCD from liek 1.1-1.25ish sec to 1 sec. The theory from what I have read is that it increase ur overall healing over time. However this has resulted in a few druids going so far as to change gear (downgrade) and or regem for haste. (we are talking a ridiculous amount without raid buffs somthing over 1000 if mem serves). So the question is, does anyone know if it is really worth it ? Does the 1 sec overall healing benefit make up for the stat/build changes?
    i would like to bump this question that imo is really important. I am a 18/0/53 tree. In raid shape my gcd is 1.059 and my base haste is 515. I could raise it with the leather sp chest that drops in TOGC 25 to 600 more or less and this is what i would like to do. Then ill have a GCD of 1.04. What is the difference between 1.04 and 1? i read many blogs with those tricky calculations and i cant get why i should unbalance my gear to gain 0.4 secs in my GCD. Maybe im missing something tho. Can u plz help me?

You want to have 736 haste rating to be @ the GCD of 1 second with 3 points spent in Celestial Focus. I'm at 729 and I'm content with that until I get an upgrade. I won't however go any lower than what I am at now. I used a belt from Algalon and 3 20 haste gems to obtain this number. The closer you are to a 1 second GCD the more healing output you will produce. Look at it like this, over the course of a 6 minute fight, you have 360 GCD's if you are at a 1 second GCD (assuming all instant casts, 100% unlikely but bear with me), that means you can cast 360 instant heals. At a 1.04 second GCD you will be able to cast 346.~ spells. 14 spells over 6 minutes might not sound like a lot here, but it can be the difference between an untimely death or a raid saving heal.

Haste is actually annoying me right now on my Druid.

My HoTs heal faster than I'm used to and I don't realize they're off till I check the buffs. Tis annoying (This in no way is a gripe honestly, it's me lamenting about having to pay more attention now lol)

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

The haste thing is still a debate within my guild. Allot of people are favoring crit and sp while well really only me since I did the reading went into cf and while I am not stacking haste since I am a new 80 I do keep an eye on it. The crit people say hey i got quite a bit of haste and use nourish allot. I on the other hand have yet to see a need for nourish as it heals for about the same as my regrowth (slightly less on a crit) and has about a .4 longer cast time(the regrowth is longer). Furthermore I figure that once my haste is a bit higher I can switch out glyph of innervate for glyph of rapid rejuv. I haven't done tons of raids yet since my gear isn't exactly high enough and I am not in a pure raiding guild atm. But I would think that the haste would be worth it since I use my instants far more then anything else. and that when I get rapid rejuv that would fix some of the spike issues I am having even if it meant reapplying more.

Now the question is are my assumptions right and when is enough haste to switch out my glyph. Not to mention how much int/spirit should I have b4 I do cause atm I got 17k mana and like 16k health (cloth is the devil I say)the innervate helps at times

People keep going back to nourish when talking about haste. Getting to 736 is for your Global Cooldown, has absolutely nothing to do with nourish. For you to play your class the same way that you did in patch 3.2, you need to get that that amount.

As far as your glyph, the 2 that you mention are completely unrelated to one another. If you're doing primarily 5 mans and solo/pvp type stuff then I'd say go with the rapid rejuv over innervate. Use innervate ONLY if you are having mana problems, it really isn't good at all for any other purpose.

Yeah, granted it's a nice side effect that you get a 1 sec cast Nourish (0.99 sec to be exact for me!) but the real win is the GCD being reduced.

On an unrelated note, I'm strongly considering finding a way to work Empowered Touch and Living Seed into my build. I get stuck on tank healing a LOT, and that's really the only type of situation that I find really challenging to my mana and output. HoTing the raid up and covering AE damage isn't generally an issue for me at all when I'm assigned to that.

Unfortunately, finding points to shift around is tough. Living Spirit and Revitalize are the only talents that look reasonable to drop at all, and even though are hard to give up. =/

On celestial focus.

Wouldnt you get more benefit from celestial focus then living seed if you are the type of druid that blankets the raid in rejuvenation?

This is dependent on how you heal but i think its worth mentioning

If you're just doing blanket raid rejuvs, then yeah you'd want CF over Living Seed for sure. Seed won't do a thing for all those rejuvs.

Glyph of Innervate (Why it sucks? It doesn't scale!)
    The maximum value of this glyph is 8.74 mana per five, provided Innervate is used on every cooldown and the druid is level 80. This glyph only scales with level, it does not scale once you are at the max level. It is important that people understand this when making their glyph selections. Every glyph which affects your healing spells, scales because the spell itself scales with gear. For example, the Wild Growth glyph which adds another target to the ability effectively increases the raid healing done by the ability by 20% (you were healing 5 targets, now you're healing 6). However as spellpower increases the healing done increases, therefore the amount healed on that 6th target increases. So naturally, this glyph scales over time. Wild Growth also scales with haste since the healing per execution time increases until the global cooldown is reduced to the minimum 1 second, since it can't crit however it would not scale with crit.

Glyph of Innervate since it has no actual scaling should only ever be considered by a druid first starting out. 8.74 mana per five may sound nice when you only have 150 mana per five. When you have 400 mana per five, an extra 8.74 will seem insignificant. This glyph is extremely easy to outgrow. If you're having mana issues, it might be more benefitial to regen for more Luminous and Purified cuts instead of any Runed cuts, regemming could easily net you a larger efficiency gain than 8.74 mana per five.

I would agree on not using Glyph of Innervate, Its pretty worthless compared too some of the other glyphs.
    Is anyone else using the new glyph? Glyph of Rapid Rejuvenation I think.
    I've found it too be quite nice, my rejuv is down too 13 secs now.

One thing that's been bugging me, and I can't seem to find a solid answer...does Nature's Grace affect the GCD at all? Because once you're at the amount of haste that allows you to drop Celestial Focus, it would seem as though Nature's Grace becomes pretty pointless as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    One thing that's been bugging me, and I can't seem to find a solid answer...does Nature's Grace affect the GCD at all? Because once you're at the amount of haste that allows you to drop Celestial Focus, it would seem as though Nature's Grace becomes pretty pointless as well.
    No.

Why thank you. <3

No effect on gcd, but it does however make your Regrowth casts 1 sec effective for the duration if you already were stacking haste and have the right raid buffs.

Under the effects:

Hot+Nourish takes 2 gcd's
    Single Nourish takes 1 sec, but does 20% less healing than with hot on.
    Regrowth takes 1-ish second also and heals for about the same, and you also get a swiftmendable Hot up at the same time.

So no dropping Nature's Grace

That does make sense, but I'm finding myself hard pressed to imagine a time when:

1) I'm casting Nourish or other heals enough to have Nature's Grace up enough to matter. This implies I'm tank healing or something similiar, because I'll almost never have NG up when raid healing.

2) I don't already have HoT's up on my assigned targets.

3) I suddenly need a huge amount of healing on a random target other than my assignments and their healers aren't doing their job.

Those times will happen now and then (Faction Champs comes to mind) but I can't see it happening enough to keep those 3 points when I no longer need to go that deep in the tree.

Natures grace is rather meh, but I take it to get CF and there aren't really any other points I'd spend in the resto tree anyway. It is nice to be able to refresh my regrowths on tanks when they are falling off because honestly I almost consider regrowth a guaranteed crit.

Yeah, we have a pretty extreme healer shortage in my guild right now so I get put on raid healing some fights and tank healing on others (Often in the same night) and my main spec is bear - which I'm not dropping - so I can't have two Resto specs...so I'm trying to get to the 856 haste point so I can get out of CF and pick up the Nourish-related talents in Resto and be best prepared for both cases.

Of course, I could actually pick them all up and still keep the 3 points in Natures Grace. Would just have to sacrifice one point somewhere. So it's not too big of a concern.

That does make sense, but I'm finding myself hard pressed to imagine a time when:

1) I'm casting Nourish or other heals enough to have Nature's Grace up enough to matter. This implies I'm tank healing or something similiar, because I'll almost never have NG up when raid healing.

2) I don't already have HoT's up on my assigned targets.

3) I suddenly need a huge amount of healing on a random target other than my assignments and their healers aren't doing their job.

Those times will happen now and then (Faction Champs comes to mind) but I can't see it happening enough to keep those 3 points when I no longer need to go that deep in the tree.
    In my opinion this is a problem we, as resto druids, cant solve completely. We can first use a HT+NS; second keep as many rejus as possible on as many ppl as possible while dont wasting any swiftmend so we can use it when really needed (i mean only in those kind of fights like champions). Besides this the only thing i think we can do is rerolling a healadin. We are druids! we cant do everything. A way to decrease problems is to cap haste and cast 1 sec regrowth or nourish.

Source: Bovinity
    Yeah, we have a pretty extreme healer shortage in my guild right now so I get put on raid healing some fights and tank healing on others (Often in the same night) and my main spec is bear - which I'm not dropping - so I can't have two Resto specs...so I'm trying to get to the 856 haste point so I can get out of CF and pick up the Nourish-related talents in Resto and be best prepared for both cases.

Of course, I could actually pick them all up and still keep the 3 points in Natures Grace. Would just have to sacrifice one point somewhere. So it's not too big of a concern.
    i guess u can have, with one specc, both things at the same time. Drop living seed (which is unuseful compared to haste and nourish buffing talents) and rivitalize. U can add just 2 points in subtlety and only two in tranquil spirit. U could have some mana probs this way that u can solve getting frost badges trinket or the mp5 Coliseum one (second seems the best for u since i guess u are a feral druid as first specc).
    This way u can get both Celestial Focus and Empowered Touch and both maximazed. That will let u heal well both raid and tanks as better as we can decreasing the haste u have to gather with gear and gems.
    I hope this will help you.

Great guide! Is there some sort of method to weigh the different stats? Is +10 intellect better over something like +5 spell power? When it's not a 1:1 ratio, how do you decide which stat to go with?

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

That's what I ended up going with now that I got up to 856 haste. The one sacrificial point ended up being one point from Living Spirit.

Granted, I did have to gem some haste to get to 856 since I'm still lacking in a few gear slots, but it wasn't too bad. I'm still ~3100sp with Illustration/Idol up. (That's without flask/food/raid buffs.) I'll be able to get back some spellpower once I upgrade a couple slots.

Maybe it's a little unorthodox, but I like it. Living Seed is the kind of heal that really appeals to me because of the Prayer of Mending style behavior that keeps it from going to total waste and the buffer it gives my target on top of the heals I'm already casting.

+ Reply to Thread