+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: WotLK Restoration Druid Guide

I'm confused about your 365 haste rating soft cap. Wowwiki lists 32.79 haste rating per 1% increase to spell casting speed. With 5/5 Gift of the Earthmother, you need 20% haste to reduce casting times by 16.67% and get the GCD to one second. Even with 3/3 in Celestial Focus, you'd still need 558 haste rating to pull that off. Am I missing something?

The Innervate glyph thing is something that suffers from the same thing that Int or Spirit suffers from, which is to say you just grow out of the need to care about mana as time goes on and gear goes up. Perhaps at lower gearing levels? But then I didn't ever have to use it even in blues, really, as the gear-appropriate challenges shouldn't drain your mana severely either. I can accept needing it in 10mans if you lack Replenishment, but then really you've not built your raid properly. Blizzard expects you to have a source for replenishment similar to the way they expect you to bring tanks and healers. Its why a whopping 5 classes are able to bring the same buff (Yes I know frost mage is not PvE viable atm). The glyph isn't the solution, finding Replenishment is. I can only assume that if a resto druid is having mana problems, he isn't the only one.

The Regrowth glyph isn't mentioned because it was used to make Regrowth function as a spammable tank healing spell. But that was before the Nourish glyph was introduced. It serves that function better, and one doesn't need both.

My understanding is that the Glyph of HT/Naturalist combo is really only used in specialized cases - ToGC Anub, Naxx Immortal runs, etc. I would humbly suggest that as such you probably don't need to speak about it in a beginners guide. Or to mention them as a combo for special circumstances only.

Edit- Ket, the "soft cap" assumes Wrath of Air totem and Swift Retribution/Imp Moonkin Auras.

In regards to regen, you only have as much regen as you gear for. I've been almost purposefully stripping regen out of my gear, in order to get more healing throughput on my spells. While I suppose glyph of innervate isn't necessary for me, there isn't a different glyph I'd take instead. If one of our shaman is tapped for mana, throwing an innervate out to him or her, and getting a little shot of mana back myself can be nice.

Also, I'd love to get replenishment in the raid, but I'm not the raid leader, and there's only so much flexibility in a 10-man raid. Our hunter is geared for Marksman, and our ret pally is now our OT.

nice guide i was just wondering what add-ons you use cause your screen looks very neat and clean?? my is uber cluttered.

Your guide covers your opinions about gearing, glyphing, speccing, and gemming. I was sad to see a lack of information on playstyle and spell usage.

Quote Originally Posted by carnathagia View Post
    playstyle
    Run around in tree form, /emoting to your non-combat Teldrassil Sproutling as you go, mocking the paladin who can't heal on the move.

and spell usage.
    I just cast Rejuve. Over and over and over and over.

I kid, but Rejuve is my go-to spell.
    Redecorate your house with beef!

Your guide covers your opinions about gearing, glyphing, speccing, and gemming. I was sad to see a lack of information on playstyle and spell usage.

Working on getting a few in combat videos to add to this guide so stay tuned!!

UI

hi there,

I watched the video and read up with it and its a nice coverage. Basicly see the same things i do with slight adjustment (mostly based on playstyle) i do have a question about your UI sins it looks nice, solid and easy 2 handle and lag free, is there a chance you can post the list of addons you use and how 2 set up?

greetings,

Dorádon

UI is a modified TUKUI
    according to posts on Tuk's forum it will be posted here, with a link to there... LOL did that make sense?

Doc.

Ok first off I am a tank/raid healer and I use the 14/0/57 spec and gem for just sp, I can use innervate at 50% mana, I never run out of mana and my spec is just to rejuv,regrowth,lifeboom, then nourish if tank drops some hp then just make sure your hots are on the tank and I heal the raid member's when I have full hots on tank.

I always outheal my guild healer's by 200-400 hps and I have at lest 100 gs lower then them, I dont overheal too much only about 40%-50% overhealing.

p.s. We all use healbot in my guild.

I'm like a few of the other posters I don't put points into Natures grace. 3 points is to many for as few "hits" I get out of it.

I will point out a few of my observations thought

Glyph of Nourish. I'd use that over glyph of rejuv any day. We don't see people below 50% life to often and when we do we want them to stay that way i.e. Anub's leeching. Sooo the extra kick hardly ever happened and if it did we would not want it too.

I use rewatch for healing. It is the best healing add on eva!

Playstyle is more about "can I HOT everyone up?!" I have VERY high mana regen and with revitalize I try to keep rejuv on as many people as I can. This dovetails nicely with the increase in raid damage as it is the same as preHOTTing before a boss AOE effect "The twins" are a perfect example. I generally push my mana to the limit. My goal for effective mana usage is to be at about 20% at the end of the encounter. :P I believe that if you end with a full mana bar your doing it wrong. They could have taken 1 less healer and 1 more DPS if you pushed yourself more.

I am just about always top healer. On some single "tank and spank" bosses pallies will sometimes edge me out. i.e. patchwerk

The rest is your playstyle. Find your niche and make it happen.

Hi all

I have over the course of a few months now been leveling a druid up to 70 in feral mode, and are now ready to tackle the Nothrend in all its might. This is my first main caracter and I am therefore not quite familier with every aspect of the game.

One thing that has struk me, is how do a resto druid do normal solo quests? Just with the balance spells at hand? Or going into feral bear or cat?

The first part of the guide s great, but I would love som additional information on what to look out for, witch adons to consider og some basic rotations of healing. But as you wrote, you where working on that, so I will just say I am looking foreward to that next part

Appreciate the guide. I posted this on my guild forums and received some compliments on how much it helped some of the newer druids we have. Thanks for the information

im also resto druid, I have been trouble with healing anub 10 toc hard mode. When i try to keep the tank up.. my group will die really fast, but if i focus too much on raid then i have problem keep the tank up. any advice?

I also recommend Glyph of Innervate as a Major Glyph. It allows 45% extra base mana pool regeneration. This can help a lot when cast on yourself or if you are pretty much good on mana and another healer or perhaps dps is low on mana you can Innervate them and still get the 45% base mana pool regeneration. I realize that restoration druids are usually good with mana regeneration but we all know that even Druids can get low on mana.

:::UPDATE TO THIS GUIDE:::

As of yesterday, some of the info here became false. The changes to the talent Gift of the Earthmother have greatly changed our class mechanics. Please check my armory located here: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...llidan&n=Llego for my suggested spec. Also, to reach a 1 second base global cooldown you now need to have these amounts of haste, depending on your spec:

both haste buffs (8%)
    (0/3 CF) Lifebloom: 449 haste rating Everything else: 856
    (3/3 CF) Lifebloom: 339 haste rating Everything else: 736

WoA alone (5%)
    (0/3 CF) Lifebloom: 563 haste rating Everything else: 980
    (3/3 CF) Lifebloom: 449 haste rating Everything else: 856

Moonkin/Swift Ret alone (3%)
    (0/3 CF) Lifebloom: 638 haste rating Everything else: 1063
    (3/3 CF) Lifebloom: 523 haste rating Everything else: 936

no haste buffs
    (0/3 CF) Lifebloom: 757 haste rating Everything else: 1193
    (3/3 CF) Lifebloom: 638 haste rating Everything else: 1063

If you have any questions please feel free to ask, also I decided to wait on doing the third part of the guide until these changed were live, so look forward to it being up in a few weeks.
    Last edited by Llego; 12-09-2009 at 08:05 PM.

ok color me slightly confuzled (yes that is a word).

All these changes while i understand the theory bother me a bit thought maybe you could clarify. from the discussions on the wow forums it seems that we are talking about a change in GCD from liek 1.1-1.25ish sec to 1 sec. The theory from what I have read is that it increase ur overall healing over time. However this has resulted in a few druids going so far as to change gear (downgrade) and or regem for haste. (we are talking a ridiculous amount without raid buffs somthing over 1000 if mem serves). So the question is, does anyone know if it is really worth it ? Does the 1 sec overall healing benefit make up for the stat/build changes?

Also another question, and from reading it seems it may just be ur personal preference but why do you like revitalize. I get it's usefulness at time but some people say it only realy helps rogues and dks and I can see a few other places for the 3 points that may help more/differently (i don't really like saying more).

I should end with a disclaimer I guess. I am currently a boomkin and may stay as such. However tree is so shiny to me. Also my only healing/raid experience is an 80 resto shamie which I know is more then a different animal. And he only raided through naxx 25 then I took a break so the haste may not be as big an issue in toc gear.

Sry for the long post and sry again if in the wrong place
    ~Arielin
    Knights of Good
    Zangarmarsh

On haste and other things

Well in my opinion resto druids are more so oriented toward raid healing, although we are pretty efficient at tank healing. I personally do not have that high of Haste not even a point in Gift of the Earthmother, but I heal good enough as far as I can tell. Now the hardest thing I've healed is 10 TotC so perhaps it is just the difficulty of other raids that I will need better Haste. But just putting it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Omg View Post
    Well in my opinion resto druids are more so oriented toward raid healing, although we are pretty efficient at tank healing. I personally do not have that high of Haste not even a point in Gift of the Earthmother, but I heal good enough as far as I can tell. Now the hardest thing I've healed is 10 TotC so perhaps it is just the difficulty of other raids that I will need better Haste. But just putting it out there.

The different in ToC10 and ToGC25 is pretty large, but not putting a single point in GotEM is a little silly :\ If you are a casual player though, there isn't a really large reason for you to stack as much haste as I suggest, especially since you haven't stepped into ICC and probably already had experience with ToC before 3.3 rolled out.

I for one welcome the haste change as I am a big Nourish user and was around 500 haste pre 3.3. Hotting and Nourishing now seem to flow more seamlessly especially when those Nourishes are not much over 1 sec casts. Spec'd in to crit w/the glyph makes nourish too hard to ignore anymore especially if you're into running a lot of the new 5 man ICC. It also makes for pretty good tank healing although we're still not as efficient as Paladins.

+ Reply to Thread