+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 81 to 97 of 97

Thread: WotLK Restoration Druid Guide

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8
    OK, maybe this has already been covered in this thread but its alot to go through. I have already the first 2 pages... I have a question about the Revitilize talent. It states:

    'Your Rejvunation & Wild Groth spells have a 15% chance, to restor 8 energy, 4 rage, 1% Mana, or 16 Runic Power per tick.'

    The effect of this talents gets placed on the TARGET not the druid himself, correct?

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    297
    It affects the targets of your Rejuv or WG. If you Rejuv yourself or your WG hits you then obviously it could cause you to benefit also. It's a very useful talent that's undervalued by some because they can't put an exact value of worth on it by looking through meters at the amounts gained.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4
    Okay the glyph of rejuv over the glyph of nourish???? The only time raid members should be below 50% is on Anub in ToC, Decimates or, Pungent Blight on fester
    I don't see the logic, Other than that it looks good.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    297
    Normal Rejuv glyph is pretty useless. I experimented with it for a little while but it only contributed to roughly 1% of my EH at best. My personal opinion on glyph choices is this:

    25 man - Wild Growth, Swiftmend, Rapid Rejuvenation/Nourish (varies by encounter). Any boss with a damage aura or high amounts of raid damage I will use a normal Rejuv and swap in my Nourish glyph.

    10 man - Swiftmend, Rapid Rejuv (must), Nourish

    You could use WG for 10's, but a normal WG already covers 50% of the raid and 1 additional person isn't worth it. You would be better off with Nourish for the added single target healing. I personally haven't tried glyph of Regrowth but I know some use it. I actually use Regrowth over Nourish quite often since the amount of haste we stack in 3.3 has greatly decreased the cast time and mana isn't usually a concern.
    Last edited by bling581; 05-04-2010 at 08:06 AM.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    15
    I have had it out with many druids on this subject. Seems what one prefers the other says is stupid. Bottem line is different spec and glyphs for different types of heals. By this I mean role as a healer tank or raid healing. IMO glyph of nourish is more of a tank healing glyph since if you are constantly having to heal tanks chances are you will get max effect out of noursh because the tank has every hot you can cast. Rejuv for lower than 50% is almost useless unless your a fresh 80 druid and having people in your 5 mans droping below that mark. While mainting complete raid healing in a 25 man I would suggest using glyph of swiftmend, regrowth, and innervate and here is why.

    I try to stay away from nourish raid healing as much as possible in a 25 man as other healers do not have the benefit of hots and can only cast. Why spam nourish on 4 people and cut a shaman short of chain heal? For this reason I prefer glyph of Regrowth as in many many many cases it is what is on the top of my chart for the spell that puts out the most healing.. Although this is not usefull on every encounter nourish will still retain its usefulness since you wont have mass stacked hots on all targets and will only crit nourish for 10k with out any other hots. Although regrowth is slower imo it is worth more than nourish because it buys you time to then focus on another target. Once all targets have regrowth (which has a very long HoT as it is) you can begin using rejuv and spot healing random spike dmg with nourish if needed.

    Glyph of innervate because long fights demand alot of mana. And with druid spirit being what it is this glyph delivers a massive amount of mana.

    Glyph of Swiftmend what could be more usefull than an instant 15k crit spell that does not consume primary healing spells??

    Turning to 10 mans i usually run with Noursh, swiftmend, and innervate. 2 healing alot of ICC 10 content you will want the ability to effectivly heal your tanks when the time is needed.. Healing tanks + raid will usually consume alot of mana (especially since you only have 2 healers) and so glyph of innervate again.

    With all the different specs I have found through out my inspection of many druids I find most going for a 14/0/57 build.. I currently use this spec since the transition from ToC to ICC gear has left me lacking in haste and gaining a ton of crit. IMO crit is not entirely useless but does not stack that well with a druid since by spec alone they gain massive crit bonus to regrowth and nourish making haste more usefull since it allows your hots to go out faster and get that regrowth/nourish off faster to move to the next injured raider. If your gear has the haste rating on it (somewhere around 850 is cap i believe since 3.3) then a 14/0/57 build is useless. The problem is that those 3 points dont really have much use anywhere else. Even if your a druid that maintains hots and never uses nourish will still benefit from this spec since the main HoT is in fact regrowth. Since regrowth is the slowest spell in your cycle (i know healing touch is but i never use it and have never seen another druid use it at level 80) you will want regrowth to cast as fast as druidly possible.


    Regrowth>rejuv>lifebloom>wildgrowth IMO.. Dont underestimate the power of 1/3 lifebloom stacks. It heals quite alot every second and blasts a decent final heal especially if it crits on top of refunding 50% of the cost back.

    Ive seen many druids with just a few talent point differences.. If your skilled these points dont make much of a difference at all.

    Do what works for you.. If your healing is fine and people live to see the end of an encounter dont change things up unless gear demands it or your trying to critique your fine work.

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakirne View Post
    I try to stay away from nourish raid healing as much as possible in a 25 man as other healers do not have the benefit of hots and can only cast. Why spam nourish on 4 people and cut a shaman short of chain heal?
    This should not be a concern when assigned to raid healing unless you're told to heal a specific group. I'm not concerned about other healers mana usage or their spot on the meters but rather focused on keeping the raid alive.

    Glyph of innervate because long fights demand alot of mana. And with druid spirit being what it is this glyph delivers a massive amount of mana.
    Innervate does not work off spirit anymore and is based on the Druid's base mana pool. With that being said it's still a useless glyph as it does not return enough extra mana over the course of a boss fight. When properly geared and using spells wisely mana shouldn't be an issue. Quin gives a better explanation as to why it's a bad glyph in this post http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...e-and-proplems

    Turning to 10 mans i usually run with Noursh, swiftmend, and innervate. 2 healing alot of ICC 10 content you will want the ability to effectivly heal your tanks when the time is needed.. Healing tanks + raid will usually consume alot of mana (especially since you only have 2 healers) and so glyph of innervate again.
    Provide one solid reason why Rapid Rejuvenation is optional for 10 mans over Swiftmend or Innervate. There is absolutely no reason not to be using it when raid coverage is no longer a concern. One reason why you might be having mana issues is your heavy use of Regrowth. Nourish costs 18% base mana while Regrowth is 29%. I would pay closer attention to your meters at the actual overhealing done by Regrowth and that could prove exactly how useful (or useless) the glyph is. You could be burning through a lot of mana that's just going into overhealing done.

    Regrowth>rejuv>lifebloom>wildgrowth IMO.. Dont underestimate the power of 1/3 lifebloom stacks. It heals quite alot every second and blasts a decent final heal especially if it crits on top of refunding 50% of the cost back.
    Rejuv should be your primary raid hot. Lifebloom's healing is not worth the GCD it takes too apply it if you're using it on the raid.

    I have had it out with many druids on this subject. Seems what one prefers the other says is stupid. Bottem line is different spec and glyphs for different types of heals.
    Preference is preference after all, nobody is arguing against that, but there are factual reasons why one thing is better than another.
    Last edited by bling581; 05-07-2010 at 06:06 AM.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1
    The only glyphs that ought to be used are rapid rejuv, swift mend, and then either wg or nourish. Those last two depend on whether you're raid or tank healing.

    If regrowth is your primary heal and is glyphed then you're probably in the middle of heals done and the top of over healing. I agree with:

    Preference is preference after all, nobody is arguing against that, but there are factual reasons why one thing is better than another.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithillian View Post
    If regrowth is your primary heal and is glyphed then you're probably in the middle of heals done and the top of over healing. I agree with:
    I agree this is probably going to be the case if you're mostly casting Regrowth when raid healing. I have a fellow guildie who is a Regrowth user for raid healing and glyphs for it. Though he hasn't raided for a while, when he did heal I'd come close to him on the meters or even destroyed. He was top overhealing done as well as top effective healing done on most bosses. When I asked him about mana consumption he admitted that it left him OoM often which is not good.

  9. #89
    Mostly glyphs depend on who you're healing with. I use wild growth, swiftmend and nourish for pretty much every fight, because the healers I play with are down right amazing. As for having factual reasons as to why one is better than the other, I disagree, because no 2 people play the same way.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    297
    There are some glyphs that are terrible no matter what your play style is, such as Innervate and normal Rejuv. Glyph of Regrowth might be an okay tank healing glyph but using that spell over Rejuv/Nourish for raid healing is just inefficient. I could probably do the same or better performance for less mana using Rejuv. Since 3.3 I actually use Regrowth more than I ever did due to the increase in haste, but I never double cast it on someone. If a target already has a Regrowth hot and they need another single target heal, then follow up with Nourish.
    Last edited by bling581; 05-12-2010 at 10:19 AM.

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    15
    Upon further inspection of the regrowth glyph on the meters I have come to the conclusion that you are correct. Most of it is in fact leading to over healing. Since this is the case have switched back to using Glyph of Nourish, Glyph of Swiftmend, and Glyph of Rapid Rejuv. And have also seen a decrease in mana usage while still seeing the same amount of effective healing done. Good stuff guys thanks for showing me the error of my ways =D

    I do however have a question. What glyphs are the best for PvP (arena 2s and 3s) I have put many many many hours into thinking about this and doesnt seem that many glyphs are extremely effective for this like we see in PvE. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Rakirne; 05-12-2010 at 12:50 PM. Reason: added question

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,277
    I know this thread is rather old but has anything significant changed from the videos or information above in patch 3.3?
    "If I'm doing a fight and I need more threat... I try harder. If I'm doing a fight and I need my taunts not to miss, then I wear hit." -Veneretio

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by bling581 View Post
    Preference is preference after all, nobody is arguing against that, but there are factual reasons why one thing is better than another.
    I assume your talking about which glyph is the "right" choise, but your keyword in that wall of text is preference.., the main thing most druids seem to forget is that healing setups are very different from guild - guild which isn't nessecarely making 1 glyph more right then the next.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    I know this thread is rather old but has anything significant changed from the videos or information above in patch 3.3?
    Maybe that the soft-cap for haste is closer to 735 (With CF) then 3xx mentioned in the original.

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5
    What is the song used here?! I want to know!

  15. #95
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    144
    I love the guide and it was a great help with my druid! I just have a couple of questions I was wondering you could answer for me. When you are healing ICC 10 do you use a different healing rotation then when you are healing ICC 25? Also I was wondering what your healing role is, are you purely tank healing or raid healing or are your like me tank healing with raid support or vice versa?
    Earthgoddess: 80 Resto Druid: Windrunner
    www.eggsncrits.guildlaunch.com

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1
    Nice guide
    I have question. I used to play as Warlock, now, i am trying with Druid and I need advice about druid healing tactic. Order of spell casting etc, maybe there is any video with your pve raid healing tactic (WOTLK) or something? Would be very helpfull. Thnx

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivett View Post
    Nice guide
    I have question. I used to play as Warlock, now, i am trying with Druid and I need advice about druid healing tactic. Order of spell casting etc, maybe there is any video with your pve raid healing tactic (WOTLK) or something? Would be very helpfull. Thnx
    WotLK is seriously outdated now. I would recommend starting a new thread. Also, you will probably want to include some info such as:

    Link to your character
    What you are doing and why (e.g. what kind of gear are you aiming for like max spirit or intellect, what are your spell priorities that you have been using, etc)
    What feels like it is not working or you could/should do better
    What addons are you using
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts