+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Black Heart vs. Brawlers Souvenir (stam vs. avoid)?

The Black Heart vs. Brawlers Souvenir (stam vs. avoid)?

Hey everyone!

I need help choosing between the Black Heart from ToC H and the Brawler's Souvenir from Brewfest. With the Brawler's Souvenir, I have 26% dodge, without it I have about 24% dodge, while with the Black Heart I may gain at least 1000hp (I have almost 32k hp unbuffed right now). So, I know that my dodge is pretty darn high, and I wanted some opinions and advice on whether grabbing more health and keeping my high dodge (possibly too high?) would be better.

My Armory

Thanks ya'll!

The black heart is an amazing trinket. For it's item level, it's extremely, crazy good (and better than many items with much higher item levels as well). A lot of tanks would much rather use the black heart than the 170stam trinket on fights with lots of physical damage. The dodge trinkets on the other hand.....they quite simply suck. Even higher item level avoidance trinkets generally suck and they are rarely, if ever, more useful than a stam trinket (esp one that can proc 7k armor!). Hope that answers your question.

With an attitude as simple as using best-budget enchants and gemming for socket bonuses, you can get well past 50% avoidance. It's no big thing, currently, to put more effort than that in avoidance.

Go for Stam, new instances don't care much about avoidance, most of the dmg is unavoidable

Use the right trinket for the right fight. Some encounters will favor avoidance while others (I'm looking at you Gormok) will favor large health pools and damage mitigation.

Generally though, that brawler's souvineer isn't a great trinket. The Black Heart is much better - the stam is nice, but the proc is the moneymaker.

Thanks guys! Definitely replacing brawler's with black heart!

+ Reply to Thread