+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Taking too much damage?

Taking too much damage?

I started tanking Heroic ToC yesterday and we had some issues w/the healer so we booted him and picked up someone we knew was a good healer. Today I started up a group for H ToC and got to the first boss fight after the joust phase. We wiped quickly due to the healer getting polymorphed. The second try we wiped again because the healer couldnt keep me healed.

I have had no problems w/other PUGs on Heroics, but even my sister says (who is a priest healer) that I take too much damage. Maybe spikey damage?

Anyways, I read all these formulas, numbers and caps and just can't comrehend them so I wanted to see what you thought. Maybe you can point out the problem by looking at my gear... (I was at 540 def but changed out my gear AFTER our H ToC run)

I know I have alot of enchants and gemming to do... This is brand new gear and im waiting for a guildie to hook me up when they get on.

To me, it looks like your healer didn't heal.

With your gear, ToC should be no problem at all. 533 Defense is absolutely sufficient for heroic Dungeons and 31k hp unbuffed is enough to start raiding U25, imo.

Just gem your stuff (you dont even need to use epic gems in ilvl200s) and you'll be fine.

Besides: We dont have our cooldowns like Last Stand or Shield Wall for keeping them untouched. When your Healer is cc'd, this is exactly the right point to pop some of them.
    Always remember: if you die and you got some cooldowns left - its your fault.

533 defense makes you crittable in heroics. Need 535 for heroics and 540 for raids. If you throw on the 30stam/15resil should enchant you can be at 536 defense and still be capped.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mugthol/Saal/advanced

I was at 540, just changed out my bracers before i logged.

See if you can find the BoE Hodir shield on the AH and run ToC5 regular until you get the Black Heart.

Warriors do tend to take spikier damage, its the nature of the game.

You can take an active role in your own survival by reflecting or interrupting/stunning any spells cast on you; and by popping Last Stand, Shield Wall, Shield Block, or even Enraged Regeneration when your health starts to drop.

When you see your healer get polymorphed (you can interrupt polymorph) - Prepare to survive for about 10 seconds with no healing. This means popping any cooldowns available to you, or at least being prepared to. With experience, you'll learn how many you need to use to survive.
    Last edited by Breadfast; 10-26-2009 at 03:50 PM. Reason: He said chants/gems are incoming, removed that portion of post

+ Reply to Thread