+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: New THREAT name plates - Theme creation.

Threat Reactive Namplates ~ UPDATED!!

Video Demonstration! Thanks Nananea!! <3

Heroic: Lady Deathwhisper 25 by Adept
    Another Video Demonstration by me!!
    Anub'Arak Adds Tank PoV Video * Thanks ChangingSkin :3 *

Download Here (wowinterface.com)
    or here (curse.com)

These require Tidy Plates to funtion!

Features:
    • Comes pre-configured for an out of the box setup!
    • Nameplates are reactive to threat changes. (low, medium and high)
      • Custom scale and alpha settings depending on threat levels and by tanking or dps / healing roles.
      • Dual spec support, and partial / full auto configuration for new users as well as a welcome message.
      • Unit types can be ignored from the threat system. (Normal / Neutral, Elites, Bosses)
      • Marked mobs can be ignored from the threat system by scale, alpha, and textures.
      • Mobs not in combat can be ignored from the threat system.
      • Unit types can have custom threat scaling offsets.
      • Threat glow colors can be altered.
      • Custom threat textures can be created and used.
      • Healthbars can be colored by threat levels, or a custom color of choice.
    • Nameplates can be completely customized.
      • Targets are highlighted with a texture that can be turned on / off.
      • Custom SharedMedia font and statusbar settings.
      • Healthbar and castbar textures can be changed.
      • Text can be turned off, changed in size, position, and alignment.
      • Health text can be displayed to show maximum, deficit, and percentage amounts, which can also be truncated or absolute.
      • Cast text can be turned on / off.
      • Text can be styled with outlines, shadows, and monochrome.
      • Uninterruptable casts have a sharp texture for easy recognition.
      • Class icons can be toggled on or off, sized, positioned, and made transparent.
      • Raid icons can be sized and positioned.
      • Boss danger skull icons can now be toggled on or off, sized, and positioned.
      • Nameplates can automatically show and hide upon entering and leveling combat.
    • Ace3 profiling saved globally.
    • Very low memory footprint!
    • Toggle Commands:
      • /tptp - Displays options
      • /tptptoggle - Toggle Role from one to the other. (Usable in macros
      • /tptpdps - Toggles DPS threat plates. (Usable in macros)
      • /tptptank - Toggles Tank threat plates. (Usable in macros)
      • /tptpol - Toggle the nameplate overlap introduced in 3.3. (Usable in macros)
    • ... More to come!! Submit your ideas in the comments!!

In Progress:
    • Class icon sizing and positioning. (PvP / Mc'd players) ~ (complete)
    • Raid icon sizing and positioning. ~ (complete)
    • Mouseover detailed threat widget.
    • Spell casting / channeling time remaining text.
    • Additional target info texts ( Guild, Player Titles, Class, etc...)
    • Fix for shared media statusbar widget ~ (complete)

Current Known Issues:
    • Threat glow color options will remain unchanged unless a /reloadui is completed.
    • Nameplate x and y offset options will remain unchanged unless a /reloadui is completed. (not to be confused with text settings)

Syronius of Black Dragonflight <Fallout>
    Shamtasticle@gmail.com

Other Themes by me:
    Clean Plates:

Download Here

All older versions are going to be archived for users wanting to use older textures:

Last edited by Syronius; 02-28-2010 at 03:58 PM.

I thought Aloft already did this?
    The box said: "Requires Windows 98 or better.", so I installed Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by Strit View Post
    I thought Aloft already did this?
    Aloft generally uses much larger amounts of memory, and isn't nearly as customizable.

Aloft is high memory; however, it is very customizable.

As a healer, I would LOVE to see boss debuffs on name plates. Especially debuffs like incinerate flesh or mortal strike. So if you ever dabble in making something along those lines, I'll gladly test it! I have vent and am on a US server. And it would be easily tested in a 10 and 25 man raid and with battlegrounds and arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaire View Post
    Aloft is high memory; however, it is very customizable.

As a healer, I would LOVE to see boss debuffs on name plates. Especially debuffs like incinerate flesh or mortal strike. So if you ever dabble in making something along those lines, I'll gladly test it! I have vent and am on a US server. And it would be easily tested in a 10 and 25 man raid and with battlegrounds and arenas.
    I've got it working!
    I'll be changing the textures later on as well as get the special text going.

Tidy Plates: ThreatPlates : WoWInterface Downloads : Plug-Ins & Patches
    If it's still pending approval you can download it here:
    TidyPlates_ThreatPlates.zip

And no... it's not a keylogger.

Another idea, have them "glow" different colors depending on if the target has a curse, poison, magic, ect. It'd be useful for healers. I really like the way your nameplates look vs. aloft and caelnameplates.

These are really great...I think the plates are made a little bit too small when green, but that's just personal opinion.

Thanks!

I saw these when you posted them on MMO-Champ and thought they looked much nicer than the standard Aloft theme. Hearing that this uses less memory than Aloft is very interesting, since Aloft is usually my #1 memory hog. Is this able to show who mobs are targetting like Aloft currently can?
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

I used them ,they are great but they have one thing I dont like.If you not targeting mob it will not show cast bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Peca View Post
    I used them ,they are great but they have one thing I dont like.If you not targeting mob it will not show cast bar.
    I don't think any nameplates can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwraith View Post
    I don't think any nameplates can do that.
    I think aloft can do that or I made mistake,but i will test it today.I used aloft on anub and that helped me to stop cast better.Or is simply use tab to much ^^.

Not sure how possible this is but I'll make some suggestions:

- Abilty to make boss level NPC's bars much bigger than non boss bar or vica versa (ie on anub, you could have the adds with bigger bars if you were adds tanking. Even better, if you could setup different profiles and be able to toggle through them using a slash command you can put in a button or something with similar ease of access. Basically enabling you to alter between a couple of present configs depending on what you're tanking.

- More intermediate threat colour boundaries. At present aloft can only tell you if you are above everyone, below somebody but with aggro still (ie. a caster is > 100% but < 130%). It would be nice to be able to set colours for nearest threat person is at 75% at the very least, just so you know which target you have lots of threat on and which ones you still need to maintain threat on. Not sure if this is doable though, but it would be nice.

- A "setup mode" so you can customise the options without having to get near mobs.

- Having an option to use a solid colour for borders/glows that doesn't use any form of texture. Also with customizable pixel width. Eg. on aloft when i click a target i want the border to make it obvious which one i have rather than the standard option which is like one pixel width or the blizzard textures which don't change colour much with the sliders.

-As has been already mentioned, buff/debuff display with filters

Quote Originally Posted by Xianth View Post
    Not sure how possible this is but I'll make some suggestions:

- Abilty to make boss level NPC's bars much bigger than non boss bar or vica versa (ie on anub, you could have the adds with bigger bars if you were adds tanking. Even better, if you could setup different profiles and be able to toggle through them using a slash command you can put in a button or something with similar ease of access. Basically enabling you to alter between a couple of present configs depending on what you're tanking.

- More intermediate threat colour boundaries. At present aloft can only tell you if you are above everyone, below somebody but with aggro still (ie. a caster is > 100% but < 130%). It would be nice to be able to set colours for nearest threat person is at 75% at the very least, just so you know which target you have lots of threat on and which ones you still need to maintain threat on. Not sure if this is doable though, but it would be nice.

- A "setup mode" so you can customise the options without having to get near mobs.

- Having an option to use a solid colour for borders/glows that doesn't use any form of texture. Also with customizable pixel width. Eg. on aloft when i click a target i want the border to make it obvious which one i have rather than the standard option which is like one pixel width or the blizzard textures which don't change colour much with the sliders.

-As has been already mentioned, buff/debuff display with filters
    As nice as this would all seem I'm unable to create a theme for the addon used that could do such things. I have updated the plates to include more options and I will be adding more of them when I figure out how.

These plates are basically a rerendering of the blizzard default plates using custom textures and scripting upon those textures and how they're displayed and when. Aside from that the addon is incapable of much else.

The plus to this addon is that custom textures can be used and very stylistic plates can be created. Aloft however uses large amounts of memory and can't use custom textures in the same manor that Tidy Plates does.

However the "boss" level size difference is possible and I might include that later version or create "BOSS" plates which would look completely different all together.

bump!

v 1.5 it out!

Can you combine both plates? To show threat and health percentage etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtraaf View Post
    Special text should be working and displaying health percentages and amounts. I need to update my screenshots.

Some suggestions.

Nameplates that change size depending on aggro are BAD. It's not always easy to click the right nameplate when you have several mobs moving around, and if they can change size too, it only gets worse.

The aggro indicator is good idea, but I would prefer if aggro was shown in this way:
    aggro on player: red border (or maybe black)
    close to losing/pulling aggro: border flashing rapidly between red/white
    aggro on someone else: white border

Not a fan of changing texture. Anything that keeps the nameplates compact and clean is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankemy View Post
    These are really great...I think the plates are made a little bit too small when green, but that's just personal opinion.
    just makes it easier to target those few loose mobs when u are tanking 15 others (ony whelps i.e.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtraaf View Post
    not possible to add threat on nameplates, would be win to have yours and person in 2nd place though.... (43k - 39k i.e.)

I'd love a tank-oriented setting for AOE tanking where only the HP (doesn't need numbers) and relative threat (graduating from say red to green depending on how far ahead your threat is) shows up. Also make it just as easy to hide them as the ingame plates (which almost always stay hidden for me atm) and I'd use your addon all the time.

Found an issue/bug.

So I was tanking VoA 25 the last night, more specifically the adds in Emalon. The hunter in the pug didn't seem to know what misdirect was, let alone how to use it, so I had to taunt-pull the adds to myself when they spawned.

However, I was having HUGE issues with targeting the mob to taunt it. Eventually (after the DPS wiped the raid several times) I discovered that ThreatPlates was blocking my mouse from targeting the spawned add. Once I turned off nameplates I had no issues targeting whatsoever.

I'm not exactly sure how you have it setup, but I have a theory. Because the size of the nameplate varies by whether you have aggro on the mob or not, I think that when you gain aggro on a mob, there is an invisible frame (or more than likely the same frame that is no longer completely filled) leftover from when the nameplate shrank after you gained aggro. And that invisible part is blocking click-throughs.

Anyone else have this problem? Its not a huge deal for me because I randomly turn nameplates off and on in the middle of combat anyway, depending on if I find nameplates annoying at that particular second of time or not.

+ Reply to Thread