+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 61

Thread: Glyph of Indominability

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3

    The Black Heart

    Instead of the brewfest trinkets try and get the black heart, you lose around 50 stam but the proc on it is amazing, 7k armour.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,474
    Quote Originally Posted by felhoof View Post
    Don't discount the trinket solely because it's less EH; in addition to the on-use ability, it actually prevents damage, which can be more valuable than stamina when gauging things.

    Seriously, why does everyone seem to ignore this when talking about EH? Surely preventing damage is better than just taking more if things are otherwise equivalent?

    In any case, between the on-use, the mitigation, the EH and the interesting mechanics of certain fights such as Anub'arak, it's a great trinket. There's no reason not to get it eventually.
    I will agree that armor, if given equal EHP to stamina, should be taken over stam for physical situations. It is much better to mitigate it than to eat it. I can guarentee that healers would hate having a tank with zero mitigation but 200k hps.

    HAVING SAID THAT, at my gear levels the ability to heal me isn't really an issue depending on if it is raw stam or armor. I mean... pally overhealing meters are crazy. You shouldn't sack armor to the point where this becomes untenable, but at the point in time your healers can heal the damage you'd take and stam provides more EHP than armor, then imo you should take the stam. But I'd say this depends on the fight and your healers.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    24
    I saw that trinket and i plan on sticking with 2 stam trinkets till i can be 40k unbuffed with the glyph.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Racker View Post
    I saw that trinket and i plan on sticking with 2 stam trinkets till i can be 40k unbuffed with the glyph.

    Stick with stam anyways. Fully buffed heart of iron won out over glyph of indom by quite a bit of EHP when I did the calcs.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    27
    I think a big question that needs to asked about this trinket is this:

    With the nerf to dodge in Icecrown Citadel, and the balancing of damage being dealt to tanks, does armor become an even bigger asset because of the added mitigation to less spiky damage.

    Im currently using The Black Heart and one brewfest trinket, and I am planning to get the glyph next week when I get the badges for it.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    63
    I personally use the Juggernaut and Indom as my two trinkets. I'm at a point where my health pool is so ridiculous I'd rather make the healers life a bit easier by smoothing out the damage I do take. But I've also been lucky as hell with drops too so I know I'm not your average player in the gear department so what may work for me might not work for you.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,474
    Quote Originally Posted by markv View Post
    I personally use the Juggernaut and Indom as my two trinkets. I'm at a point where my health pool is so ridiculous I'd rather make the healers life a bit easier by smoothing out the damage I do take. But I've also been lucky as hell with drops too so I know I'm not your average player in the gear department so what may work for me might not work for you.

    Glyph of indom is like 2kEHP less than the 245 Jug's Vit. If you have access to both the Jug's Vits, they are clear winners imo. Even Heart of Iron and Brewfest trinkets are better imo. If the EHP gain is at as wide a gap as it is between the two trinkets then I choose the one with more EHP regardless of if it's stam or Armor. Trust me, your healers can heal 500 hp more, go look at overhealing meters.

    Also: Dodge trinkets do not even out your damage, they actually make it more spikey which is one of the reasons for Icewell Radiance in the first place. Even then, normal damage taken is fine, you want the EHP for the extra survivability against attacks that can't be avoided.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Glyph of indom is like 2kEHP less than the 245 Jug's Vit. If you have access to both the Jug's Vits, they are clear winners imo. Even Heart of Iron and Brewfest trinkets are better imo.
    I agree with you for the most part other than the part about the brewfest trinkets. I think the best on use in the game that the Glyph of Indom has will save you from death more often than the 220 EH upgrade you will receive from the brewfest trinkets.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,474
    Quote Originally Posted by krc View Post
    I agree with you for the most part other than the part about the brewfest trinkets. I think the best on use in the game that the Glyph of Indom has will save you from death more often than the 220 EH upgrade you will receive from the brewfest trinkets.
    Heart of iron is like 600 EHP better than glyph of indom.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Heart of iron is like 600 EHP better than glyph of indom.
    Actually no a fully buffed tank in around BiS gear with the Heart of Iron has 54391 HP and 30058 armor which is 152,671 EH. A fully buffed tank in around BiS gear with the Glyph of Indom has 52051 HP and 31850 armor which is 153,021 EH this means that the buffed the Glyph of Indom actually gives more EH than the Heart of Iron.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,474
    Quote Originally Posted by krc View Post
    Actually no a fully buffed tank in around BiS gear with the Heart of Iron has 54391 HP and 30058 armor which is 152,671 EH. A fully buffed tank in around BiS gear with the Glyph of Indom has 52051 HP and 31850 armor which is 153,021 EH this means that the buffed the Glyph of Indom actually gives more EH than the Heart of Iron.
    How is that BiS gear? I have over 2.5k more armor than that in some really good gear, but definitely not BiS gear, and that's without glyph of indom.

    I also ran the calculations both buffed and unbuffed at my gear levels and glyph of indom was far behind in both scenarios, I'm not at home right now so I can't post exact numbers, but maybe I will when I get home.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,474
    Furthermore those aren't even the right values, for 54391 HP and 30058 armor I get 169634.24 and for 52051 HP and 31850 armor I get 168566.46

    169634.24
    - 168566.46
    1067.98

    According to your stats Heart of Iron would be 1067.98 more EHP.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Which EH calculator are using? With those same exact values on the Tankingtips.com EH calculator I get completely different results than you are getting.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,474
    Quote Originally Posted by krc View Post
    Which EH calculator are using? With those same exact values on the Tankingtips.com EH calculator I get completely different results than you are getting.
    Tankspot's. I used the Tankadin2 addon in game to calculate the values and as I recall they came out the same as Tankspot's.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    That means that their is something wrong in either Tankspot's and the addon or Tankingtip's if both of Tankspot and the addon say 169,634 EH you are probably right and there is probably something wrong or outdated in Tankingtip's calculator and Heart of Iron actually does give more EH.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,474
    Quote Originally Posted by krc View Post
    That means that their is something wrong in either Tankspot's and the addon or Tankingtip's if both of Tankspot and the addon say 169,634 EH you are probably right and there is probably something wrong or outdated in Tankingtip's calculator and Heart of Iron actually does give more EH.
    I'll try and confirm the numbers with Tankadin2 when I get home, but that'll be at like 5am CST
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

  17. #37
    I wouldn't think that spiky damage intake is much of a concern as regards to a trinket where the dodge comes from an activated cooldown.

    Pretty much by definition if you're using cooldowns, smoothing out damage is not a priority at that specific moment - surviving it in the first place is.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    13
    Replaces Heart of Iron. A must have.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Replaces Heart of Iron. A must have.
    Not necessarily, recheck stats.

    Also: I'm still at work, turns out I have to stay until 6:30... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FF, so ya, I won't get a chance to post the EHP shenanigans tonight 'cuz as soon as I get off work I'm gonna go home and pass out.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    63
    I'm not sure where I made note of me using a dodge trinket in there, but ok? The on use is handy as an oh crap button when you're hoping for a last second heal, but that's going to come regardless of using an AC or STA trinket, I just prefer the option of having more CDs available if needed. As I said, this is the preference I choose to make their life a bit easier, and I'm well aware of what my healers can and cannot do.

    Gotta love it when I post what I use just to give the OP some idea of what other people use and get talked down to by someone regarding it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Glyph of indom is like 2kEHP less than the 245 Jug's Vit. If you have access to both the Jug's Vits, they are clear winners imo. Even Heart of Iron and Brewfest trinkets are better imo. If the EHP gain is at as wide a gap as it is between the two trinkets then I choose the one with more EHP regardless of if it's stam or Armor. Trust me, your healers can heal 500 hp more, go look at overhealing meters.

    Also: Dodge trinkets do not even out your damage, they actually make it more spikey which is one of the reasons for Icewell Radiance in the first place. Even then, normal damage taken is fine, you want the EHP for the extra survivability against attacks that can't be avoided.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts