+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gemmings Confusion [Fury warrior]

Gemmings Confusion [Fury warrior]

First off, id like to say how much help tank spot has been to me, my raid performance has sky rocketed since ive posted a couple of Halp threads.
    I come back to u again because a fellow fury warrior in my guild has advised me to regem all my ArP gems to Str ones, this confused me because i remember reading on tankspot and various other forums that after 30% ArP from gear i shud gem into ArP, am i wrong in thinking this or is my fellow fury fanatic correct?
    Armoury: The World of Warcraft Armory
    Dunno if my Armoury will show it, but ive recently accuired the Bloodbath Belt

I believe that Kaz usually recommends 45% passive ArP before you start to gem it (correct me if I'm wrong please Kaz). As far as I know, Strength is still tops for Fury.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Arms vs fury...different stats, really. I believe, though I'm by no means an expert, that w/the ArP nerf, str has more value for fury as a red gem because of imp zerker stance.

It looks like you'd lose 18% arp by gemming out of it completely and pick up 252 strength (which would translate into about 605 attack power in zerker stance). Seems like a good trade for a fury warrior.

Thanks for the input guys, im very tempted to switch back to Str gems, dunno if i could get some more opinions, dont wanna be regretting spending gold >.>

Eh, i havent been following the ArP stuff very well, but wasnt the idea behind ArP to reach 100% with grimtoll / mjolnir? Isnt that the reasoning behind the 45%ish arp being thrown about?

I dont play fury much but my fury friend lost some ArP in favor of str and his dps has skyrocketed. I'm a firm believer in max AP for fury. Any ArP that comes in on gear i'm fine with but i would never gem for it.

To be honest after looking at your armory all you really need is Mjolnir Runestone from Thorim HM in 10 Ulduar. Everything else looks great aside from all the conquest items - I would recommend getting the 4piece and getting the offtier helm (to help with that armor pen since you have a bit of hit to spare - after a while you don't need extra hit because the rage from your hits will be go great you will get enough rage from that alone).

You are looking pretty good though I must say. Good luck!

Edit: 4 piece meaning get the hands in trade of the helm - and try to get the triumph versions of legs and hands from VoA, don't buy them and leave the other two as conquest otherwise it will be a waste of badges. And yes strength always wins over armor pen as fury.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mugthol/Saal/advanced

+ Reply to Thread