+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to raiding

New to raiding

Our guild has been around for a bit , more than a year , but was always like a leveling guild where it was like a clubhouse atmosphere. Recently we made the decision that we want to raid and start progressing. We started recruiting and have gotten some good peeps along with some that just log on to see when the raid is and thats it. Our GM instituted a ranking system based on commitment to the guild and involvement . We are just running 10 mans, and are a couple healz and a tank away from running 25 mans. The problem we're having is that more than a few of our members arent totally geared for raids.

I guess my question is :

Should we have a ranking system and what ?
    Should we expect members depending on rank to put in the guild bank ?
    What kind of schedule should we institute?

Quote Originally Posted by sarsipius View Post
    Should we have a ranking system and what ?
    Should we expect members depending on rank to put in the guild bank ?
    What kind of schedule should we institute?
    Ranks are there to be used. One way to do it is to have for instance like this:
    GM
    Officer
    Raider
    Social member
    Alts

Where you can say that raiders are those with above 60% raid attendance or something and since they are consistant raiders they will have priority in getting invited to raids they have signed up for. Members are below 60% attendance but will have priority above Social members and alts. Really no clear answer to what you guys need and what will work for you but doing it like this will make sure that the consistent performers are getting something back from being consistent.

What is the guild bank for? Does it cover consumables for everyone plus repairs? If so people should probably contribute to the guild bank. But then agian it's easier to say that people bring their own consumables and pay their own repair. Use the guild banks gold as a bonus and enable guild repair one progression nights to keep the morale a bit higher maybe? I don't think it's a good idea to demand or reward a rank based on guild bank donations but milage may wary - player A can suck at playing and constantly lag/die in the fire and watch tv while raiding just because he or she sendt 2000 gold to the guild bank? Doesn't seem fair to me.

If by schedule you mean raid nights then you just have to try and find out when your members are available. If wedensday is a good night for many then wedensday it is. Set up a vote for days on your forums and see what the general meaning is and make plans from that.

Or if by schedule you meant what raids to do when then I suggest that the start of your week you do the farm content as quickly as possible. Ie. wedensday you go pew pew Onyxia and TotC 10 man and sunday you try out heroic TotC 10 man and go Ulduar if it's too hard. Members then know that they can PUG Onyxia on a thursday since the guild cleared it already this reset. Another way to do it is to put progression fights early in the week so that people still have motivation to get those shiny epics later in the week when you do farm content then.
    "We have two ears and one mouth for a reason." - Buddhist belief.

thank you

Just to add a few things. The first thing you need to decide is the structure of your guild. Then make rules, and make them published, so that you have a place to point to when you are asked why you are doing something a certain way.

In my guild we have a GM, 3-4 officers, 5-6 veterans, members and trial members. Veterans are those who are extraordinarily devoted to the guild; the pool of people that I would promote to officers if that spot became available. They have contributed, time, effort and oftentimes gold to the guild. I also give veterans the option to become part of my council (voice of the people) when I make guild decisions. Each Tuesday night after raids, the officers, gm, and veterans meet to determine who will be promoted from trial member to member. Once a member you are equal in every way to any other member, officer, veteran or GM when it comes to raids. The only thing that distinguishes one member to the next is you effort points (see below).

We have 5 bank tabs, one GM restricted (runed/crusader orbs), one officer restricted (high valued common items), and 3 tabs for members. Veterans and Officers can access the first 4 tabs. Members can access the first 3 tabs. Trial members have access to nothing. Any member can repair on the guild after a GUILD SPONSORED RAID. I have to monitor the repairs using the armory, to make sure nobody abused the privilege. I have yet to have a huge issue, as everyone is a team in my guild.

I too struggled with priority and decided to use the EPGP System. You will need to read about it, but this allows me to see who has the highest EP (effort points) and I can award raid priority based on that (of course group synergy and class make-up must be taken into account as well).

Is it ok to have two raiding levels, one for all the new raiders that can do Naxx, Uld, and one for the ones that can do TotC and VoA?

or that is not something that applies?

+ Reply to Thread