+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T8 vs T9 threat wise

T8 vs T9 threat wise

I have started raiding again after a short break from the game and upon seeing more colliseum drops the levels of hit and expertise in comparison to my current gear leaves me quite worried about my threat as this is one area where I feel that I am just adequate. I have been managing 6-6.5k tps on some of the fights, which always leave me concerned as the damage dealers are not usually too far behind me. Will any prospective upgrades lead to a situation where I may need to "downgrade" to older gear with more hit or expertise to be able to hold off the damage dealers?
    Last edited by Delerious; 10-19-2009 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Wrong wording used.

ugh...I usually vendor trash stuff after i upgrade unless it is a specialty trinket or ring that gives a unusually hight stat bonus or something...so i hope that I dont have to start downgrading to previous gear to stay above the threat lvl i need to keep aggro. we'll see tho...
    This is my armory...if you have any tips please let me know
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Ibroughtguns

Quote Originally Posted by leesdawgs View Post
    ugh...I usually vendor trash stuff after i upgrade unless it is a specialty trinket or ring that gives a unusually hight stat bonus or something...so i hope that I dont have to start downgrading to previous gear to stay above the threat lvl i need to keep aggro. we'll see tho...
    This is a bad habit you should break yourself from, find room in your bank for it having old gear that you can regem / alter to fit into a specialized set is very helpful, look at all the threads of people trying to get unhitable for anub adds and they had to go farm items they had vendored.

OP: do you mean T8 vs. T9? T10 gear is not released yet...

As to the question of threat.. concerning warriors: percent for percent expertise adds more threat the hit below the soft cap and just as much between the soft and hard caps. ToC gear has a ton of expertise on it.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

Thanks Drae, I did mean t8 and t9, probably was too tired or not awake enough when I posted, and I will edit the thread title. I currently have a lot of expertise as it is but also have a lot hit, just wanted to know how much the drop from about 250 hit to maybe around 100 will effect threat output.

Assuming your gaining the same % of expertise as hit % your losing, your threat will not diminish.

You will have more difficulty landing taunts, (you can glyph for it when necessary) demo shouts, thunderclaps, shockwaves, shield bashes, and heroic throws as these skills are not effected by expertise. However many of the debuffs or interrupts associated with these effects can be provided by other raiders.

See Venes Blog here on the subject. If given the choice between 1% expertise and 1% hit (after the exp. soft cap) 99%+ of the time I will choose the expertise because expertise also lowers your incoming damge.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

+ Reply to Thread