+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Anub'Arak Add Tanking Guide

humm...

I am beginning to think that I should probably update the guide for various misdirection options and proper trinket rotations plus cooldowns. I will start working on that tonight after my raid.

Everything Kazeyonoma said was pretty spot on too for those questions.
    Finkill | <Rush> | US Horde | Dark Iron
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...inkill&gn=Rush

Thanks for the help Kaz. I really appreciate it.
    Deeps for show..... tank for dough.....

Sure thing, GL! ;]

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

For the interupting of shadow strike on Heroic 25. How do you guys prevent the cast 100% of the time? Currently we are using a ret pally with holy wrath to stun them. He has put together a set and has 13.3% spell hit so technically he should not miss. and we use the most recent Big wigs timer and stun 1sec before the shadow strikes are supposed to go off, with no one else stunning the adds so there would be no DR on stun. However we have been noticing some shadow strikes still go off.

How do your guilds deal with this problem?

Schematic: Arcane Bomb - Item - World of Warcraft
    + Shockwave
    + Arcane Torrent

If they're not dead in this time you're dps may be a little low.
    Havx | <Tasty Beverage> | US Alliance | Bleeding Hollow
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Hollow&cn=Havx

Quote Originally Posted by ryofu View Post
    For the interupting of shadow strike on Heroic 25. How do you guys prevent the cast 100% of the time? Currently we are using a ret pally with holy wrath to stun them. He has put together a set and has 13.3% spell hit so technically he should not miss. and we use the most recent Big wigs timer and stun 1sec before the shadow strikes are supposed to go off, with no one else stunning the adds so there would be no DR on stun. However we have been noticing some shadow strikes still go off.

If your horde, have your ret pally arcane torrent immediately after holywrath. Use shockwave or shadowfury (destro lock) for redundancy.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ryofu View Post

The Burrowers are lvl 82, hence (according to wowwiki) 6% spell hit is sufficient. No need to cripple your ret with exorbitant hit.

Great idea to use those bombs btw, with two engineers in your raid you can silence every SS. I'm curious though if the bomb has a chance to fail or be resisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokkhyr View Post
    The Burrowers are lvl 82, hence (according to wowwiki) 6% spell hit is sufficient. No need to cripple your ret with exorbitant hit.

Great idea to use those bombs btw, with two engineers in your raid you can silence every SS. I'm curious though if the bomb has a chance to fail or be resisted.
    They don't have a reduced change to fail at level 82 mobs. They work just fine. We have used them since our first kill.
    Finkill | <Rush> | US Horde | Dark Iron
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...inkill&gn=Rush

can someone explain this macro to me
    1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04))
    im still new to this formula. Where do the numbers come from? Just want to know ^^
    thanks

4.91850 is the conversion of defense rating to skill points.
    .04 is how much miss you gain from defense per point of defense skill
    1/ (.0625 + .956/miss) gives you your post DR miss.

So most tanks run say... magic number 540 defense skill to be crit immune. that's technically 5.6% miss. (as well as 5.6% crit reduction, dodge, parry, and block).

1 / (.0625 + .956/5.6) = 1 / (.0625+.17071) = 1 / .23321 = 4.2880 miss gained from defense. Instead of the originally perceived 5.6%. There is very heavy Diminishing Returns on miss from defense because of the steep DR curve (upper limit set to like 15 or something around there).

The explanation can be found in Satrina's Diminishing Returns - Avoidance thread:
    The net amount of avoidance you get is given by:
    and solving for Ad
    Where
    A is the amount of avoidance before diminishing returns
    c is the cap for the avoidance stat
    k is the constant for your class
    Ad is the amount of avoidance after diminishing returns are applied (how much your avoidance actually increases)

Each avoidance type (dodge, parry) is calculated separately from the other. The amount of dodge you have does not affect the diminishing returns on your parry, and vice-versa.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Actually with lavanthor's talisman proc'd block becomes avoidance for me, I can fully block or sometimes only take 500-1k dmg per hit at MOST when just lav's is up. So in that sense block (and esp critical block) does become avoidance, and with shield block up you take no damage.
    Well no that is 100% mitigation, it may be essentially the same thing but it's still different and I could see why the person was confused.
    Last edited by Haarg; 10-29-2009 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    4.91850 is the conversion of defense rating to skill points.
    .04 is how much miss you gain from defense per point of defense skill
    1/ (.0625 + .956/miss) gives you your post DR miss.

So most tanks run say... magic number 540 defense skill to be crit immune. that's technically 5.6% miss. (as well as 5.6% crit reduction, dodge, parry, and block).

1 / (.0625 + .956/5.6) = 1 / (.0625+.17071) = 1 / .23321 = 4.2880 miss gained from defense. Instead of the originally perceived 5.6%. There is very heavy Diminishing Returns on miss from defense because of the steep DR curve (upper limit set to like 15 or something around there).

The explanation can be found in Satrina's Diminishing Returns - Avoidance thread:
    thanks alot for the detailed explanation Kaze. Will take awhile for me to absorb it haha

I was playing around with the last version of Rawr to maximize my SBV and i found a huge difference with the ingame value.

Anyone has noticed that ? (Rawr shows 3400 SBV while i sit @ 3100 in game unbuffed, no glyph used)

Rawr calculates the use effect of you Lavanthor Talisman into your Blockvalue.

So if it has an uptime of 40s and grants you 440 BV, its an average BV of 146.67 (+talents, glyph).. i think this is necessary far rawr to calculate the incoming dps.

I would like to thank all that helped to contribute to this thread especially the topic starter Finkill, with all your help my guild finally managed to kill the blue cockroach on heroic 25 last night

THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by NinJOu View Post
    I was playing around with the last version of Rawr to maximize my SBV and i found a huge difference with the ingame value.

Anyone has noticed that ? (Rawr shows 3400 SBV while i sit @ 3100 in game unbuffed, no glyph used)
    The trinket is averaged, as noted. (I will be making that an option soon to toggle) however the difference is also probably larger given that your Block Value when raid-buffed will go up a fair but due to BoK/SoE Totem Strength increases. Raid buffs are enabled by default when loading a character from the Armory.
    Maintainer of Rawr.ProtWarr theorycrafting tool. Feel free to PM suggestions or feature requests!

Has anyone figured out why Shadow Strike can be delayed quite significantly in phase 3? And why seemingly only some adds will have a delayed Shadow Strike?
    In short, has anyone found the reason for the sometimes quite erratic Shadow Strike cooldown, where even addons that worked perfectly fine in phase 1, suddenly fail to predict the Shadow Strike?

Quote Originally Posted by Stengel View Post
    Has anyone figured out why Shadow Strike can be delayed quite significantly in phase 3? And why seemingly only some adds will have a delayed Shadow Strike?
    In short, has anyone found the reason for the sometimes quite erratic Shadow Strike cooldown, where even addons that worked perfectly fine in phase 1, suddenly fail to predict the Shadow Strike?

Some of the addons are wrong, I'd suggest Big Wiggs or DXE and make sure they're updated. Also sometimes if they would shadowstrike within 10 seconds of spawning they will skip that cycle.

Keep a close eye on the timer if they suddenly reset (usually around 25 seconds), then you'll have to do the math in your head as per when to actually hit holy wrath.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

i merely reach unhittable with my block set but my block value unbuffed only at 2k..is it good enough to tank the adds with it? or is there any minimum block value needed?

Keep a close eye on the timer if they suddenly reset (usually around 25 seconds), then you'll have to do the math in your head as per when to actually hit holy wrath.
    How do I know that the adds will reset their Shadow Strike timer? Is it random, or does it happen if some adds are still alive when the next wave comes?

I'm using DXE btw.

+ Reply to Thread