+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Anub'Arak Add Tanking Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Celandro View Post
    Things to add:
    1) 'Best' in slot loot rank link:
    GuildOx - WoW Guild Progress and Loot Rankings
    Note that the weighting given to block and str values vs. avoidance are somewhat arbitrary but it is all around very useful for finding gear. The biggest flaw is not showing the old badge trinket for block value but thats about it.

2) Night elves get an extra 2% miss that is not showing up in the macro

3) Night elves also have shadowmeld which works wonders for phase 2. You can just shadowmeld when anub gets close to you, wait till he almost gets back to the main group and move and he will turn and chase you again.
    1... autoblocker is shown.... or maybe you didn't read far enough down? Also, using all of those BiS pieces aren't going to be good for the gearset. Many of those pieces are not going to be as ideal depending on the current gear you have. You want pieces with less stam and many of those are far from that. You not only have to worry about your own damage mitigation, but also the healing you do back to the boss in phase 3. That can be a lot of dps needed to make up for improper gearing and itemization.

2... add +2%?

3... i never went into detail on the kiting aspect of the fight this guide was not meant for those purposes. that is something that guilds can look into and that has a lot to do with faction and the specific strategy of the fight that guilds work with. So me trying to say what is best for that really won't do much.
    Last edited by Badga; 10-22-2009 at 02:40 PM.
    Finkill | <Rush> | US Horde | Dark Iron
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...inkill&gn=Rush

Quote Originally Posted by Badga View Post
    1... autoblocker is shown.... or maybe you didn't read far enough down? Also, using all of those BiS pieces aren't going to be good for the gearset. Many of those pieces are not going to be as ideal depending on the current gear you have. You want pieces with less stam and many of those are far from that. You not only have to worry about your own damage mitigation, but also the healing you do back to the boss in phase 3. That can be a lot of dps needed to make up for improper gearing and itemization.

2... add +2%?

3... i never went into detail on the kiting aspect of the fight this guide was not meant for those purposes. that is something that guilds can look into and that has a lot to do with faction and the specific strategy of the fight that guilds work with. So me trying to say what is best for that really won't do much.
    1) Perhaps you prefer these?
    gear set for getting to 101.6 http://www.guildox.com/wr.asp?Cla=1&...i9=0&j6=0&j8=0
    gear set for maximizing your block when you are there GuildOx - WoW Guild Progress and Loot Rankings
    The point is that getting auto generated lists like this can help you very quickly find places to upgrade gear. How important block value is is a function of wether you are at the cap or not. The lists also give options that you do not mention for whatever reason and helps you find more obscure options.

2) I already know to do that. Im trying to help the guide better than it currently is. Fixing the macro to add 2% if you are a night elf is not that hard.

3) No arguments

PS. as for phase 3 stamina, I don't know if minimizing your stamina on gear is that great an idea. Easier to click off buffs than to try and purposefully find low stamina gear. I had actually never considered purposefully using lower stamina gear for the fight as the occasional tank gib still happens to me
    Last edited by Celandro; 10-22-2009 at 03:26 PM.

Anyone have a rough estimate of how much avoidance is gained via raids buffs, if any?

roughly 98% high 97...

it also depends on if you have enh shaman in your raid or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Badga View Post
    roughly 98% high 97...

it also depends on if you have enh shaman in your raid or not.
    98%?!? What buffs is your raid using that mine isn't?

Pretty sure he meant that you only need 98% avoidance and raid buffs take care of the rest.

Hey I followed the guide to the letter and have gotten all of the block rating pieces. I'm at the cap raid buffed, but I've only got 2,000 Block Value. Is that enough to do the 1 add strategy?

how are you only at 2k block value?

i sit at 3051 unbuffed and i still don't have the bracers from nax.

you must be missing a few pieces still, but as long as you are avoidance capped you should be alright. Your health will go up and down a lot more than mine or any other tank with more block value would. I would say with proper execution it is very possible.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyTheRetard View Post
    98%?!? What buffs is your raid using that mine isn't?
    yeah sorry that is what I meant though. What Torpedo said. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Beefyweefy View Post
    Hey I followed the guide to the letter and have gotten all of the block rating pieces. I'm at the cap raid buffed, but I've only got 2,000 Block Value. Is that enough to do the 1 add strategy?
    You mean one tank right? The base swing damage an add does is about 4-5k with imp demo up. This means that without any cd's up and being unhittable, you'll experience (4~5k) - 2k = (2~3k) * 3.25 = 6.5k~9.75k swings from the adds. Up until phase 3, you'll probably be fine tanking with only 2k block value. But when phase 3 starts, thats when the healing requirements get tight and you taking those 6.5k~9.75k swings will probably get you killed since the the healers will probably be occupied with healing the MT and Penetrating Cold targets.

Quote Originally Posted by feji View Post
    You mean one tank right? The base swing damage an add does is about 4-5k with imp demo up. This means that without any cd's up and being unhittable, you'll experience (4~5k) - 2k = (2~3k) * 3.25 = 6.5k~9.75k swings from the adds. Up until phase 3, you'll probably be fine tanking with only 2k block value. But when phase 3 starts, thats when the healing requirements get tight and you taking those 6.5k~9.75k swings will probably get you killed since the the healers will probably be occupied with healing the MT and Penetrating Cold targets.
    I'm missing the bracers from Maexena, shield, weapon, and ring. I'm gemming / enchanting mostly to make the cap. I've followed the Avoidance gearset.

Would you guys recommend using this kind of set on 10man heroic if it's not yet capped?
    I'm around 94,5% and 2,400 block value unbuffed at the moment, damn attempt limits dont give any space for testing stuff out if you are going for tributes..

Quote Originally Posted by Beefyweefy View Post
    I'm missing the bracers from Maexena, shield, weapon, and ring. I'm gemming / enchanting mostly to make the cap. I've followed the Avoidance gearset.
    chardev seven . character planner . block
    2994 SBV unbuffed
    100.71% miss/dodge/parry/block

45 defense elixir and kings should push you over the cap. You should look to swap some of the avoidance gear you may be wearing, for block rating+value gear.

guys, how do u battle with missed (we all have low +hit) Shockwave on one of the adds when you need to stun them all ?

I noticed several times that I have one add out of 4 still casting SS and ofc killing 1 player

We use an affliction lock to Shadowfury. He's at the spell hit cap so he won't miss. I usually shockwave around the same time also just for redundancy.

Cross-posted from the other thread, but figured it may be helpful.

A new version of Rawr has been released which includes an Expose Weakness toggle debuff, optimizer criteria for Avoidance+Block%, and Defense-based gemming templates by default.

It should be very easy to optimize your gear for Anub add tanking now.

a) Toggle on Expose Weakness in the buff panel (bottom, in special effects)
    b) Lower the base boss damage done to something like 12k or so
    c) Change the swing timer to be appropriately fast
    d) Optimize with the requirements: Block+Avoidance% >= 100, Health >= X (I used 40k personally), Hit% >= Y (if you want to take this additional step to make sure Shockwave can't miss), sort by Total Mitigation %

I've found that works extremely well, overall, for building decent sets. There are a few other ways you can approach it, but hopefully it should be a bit more useful now with the added features.

Tanked the 4 adds by myself for the first time yesterday and with my current gear (armory) it works really well. I take basicly no damage. After the 22 tries we had I checked recount and I had taken 7.6% of all raid damage meanwhile the druid MT took about 46.7% of the total damage.

There are a few issues, mainly getting the adds on me, thats the main issue. Since we only have one active rogue the back adds usually aggro on healers after walking a bit and by god its a fucking mess trying to target the right adds with anub's ass right smack in the middle. Healers need to "kite" the adds so their path is through me. Still I find this being very irritating, anyone got some pointers or is there really a 2 rogues "must need" stamp here?

I would strongly suggest having 1 hunter and 2 rogues for this, one on each add and you yourself taking the last one yourself.

We've had a Holy Paladin with Righteous Fury on stand in-line behind me. IE: when the adds spawn, if they walk in a straight line to him, they have t go through me. Vigilance the MT (assuming no threat problems) for unlimited taunts.

Hope that helps.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

Hey there all. I have a few more questions for the group.

I have a really good block set. 102%+, 3k block and I still have about 35k health unbuffed. I have not, however, had the opportunity to run this yet as we are still working on H 25 man Twins.

My questions are:

1) Can someone speak to how I should be tanking this? Do you pop shield block right away and use trinkets when it ends or do you trinket first? Or do you not use it unless things get hairy?

2) Lets assume I am going to have misdirects sent to me (1 hunter and 2 rogues). In heroic 10 man, the add locations are fairly random. How do you assign the specific add to the correct misdirecter? Farthest left is the hunter, 2nd left, rogue 1, third left rogue 2 and the farthest right is mine?

3) With a block set like mine, can I expect that I will be taking fairly low amounts of damage as a result of this?

4) Does Critical Block have an internal cooldown or is it up basically all the time? If so, I can realistically assume I have 6k block most of the fight, correct? And then when I shield block, I assume that only increases me to 9k, not, 12k..... Perhaps I have the mechanic incorrect?

5) I am sort of assuming that threat is not a huge issue for warriors due to the damage shield factor, correct? Even if I am not hitting the adds, they are going to be taking 600 damage per swing on me (without critical block) and 1200 per swing (with CB Up), right?

My guild is nervous about 1 tanking the adds.... but we really dont have another great option. Is it possible to 2 tank them with one tank not having a block set?

I really appreciate all the help.....
    Deeps for show..... tank for dough.....

1) I pop shield block once I have them in position, while positioning them or establishing aggro, you should save cds, trinkets are best used when in conjunction with other cds, namely shield block, but I can't say, I'd probably save the sbv trinkets to be used as emergency buttons or snap aggro.

2) I've had the unlucky task of picking them up on my own, although I"ve only ever done 2, not 4, so your suggestion is probably the most accurate.

3) You'll take minimal damage, but you'll still need heals, the best part about this setup is during phase 3, your healers don't have to keep you topped off because you're worst case scenario of damage is lower with the amount of sbv you have and thus help with the anti-dps that the leeching swarm causes.

4) As far as I know, no internal cd, but it's on a 60% chance, so with 4 adds, I'd say it's reasonable to assume you'll have critical block up for a lot of the fight.

5) be careful, you'll still want to tab target and hit them with your rotation because they'll be getting hit by aoe, and other non-threat friendly cleave skills from your dps, you can expect a loss of threat at times, it's always good to keep em debuffed with tclap and demo shout, luckily with tclap providing a lot of the aoe threat warriors generate anyways. so it's double functionality. Don't rely too much on damage shield to establish all the aggro for you, it'll just make life easier for you.

last point: you can 2 tank them with a non block tank, it is more controlled in terms of aggro and positioning, but the non-block tank will take spikier damage, have that tank try to stack as much armor as possible via enchants, and trinkets. Remember that damage is reduced by armor, then by block, then multiplied by the debuff modifier, so higher armor is effectively cutting into the damage the debuff modifier has.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread