+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Anub'Arak Add Tanking Guide

Hi

Great guide

I have just gathered a set for this but with elixrs food am only getting 99.25% with a lil over 3k block will i hit the avoidance once fully raidbuffed and is the block enough?

my gearset here http://www.chardev.org/?profile=454678

still looking to get the lavinthors talisman he jus never seems to spawn when im there

Thanks

hey,

My guild is aiming for the dedicated tribute to insanity ToC HM. What gear would you suggest here. I'm a littler bit stuck. With max 245. I think its not possible to get a 100% avoidance or am I wrong? But even if it would be possible you probably wouldn't have enough mastery rating.

So what gear would you suggest for this case?

Dedicated Insanity? If memory serves me correct that would be 10 man. You really don't need a full block set for that. Just wear your normal 245 gear and you should be able to be healed through the adds.

There's no such thing as a "block set" anymore. Block used to negate a flat amount of damage; that's what made it useful for Anub. Warriors could tank the adds and take zero damage from all hits except blocks that didn't crit.

With the patch, block takes off 30% of the damage instead of a set number. So block is a lot better vs. bosses than it was, but if you tried to tank all 4 adds on heroic 25 now, you'd just die in a fraction of a second.

As for 10 man, the old block set was useful, but not at all necessary. Also, make sure to read up on the achievement...It's not just max 245, it's gear that can be obtained solely through 10 man.

PS- I don't know if you're a paladin or warrior, but I don't think it's possible for a warrior to get to 102.4% atm even with full 277. Paladins can, but probably not in that gear. BTW paladins could never tank all 4 adds on 25 man, it was warriors because of critical block.

Quote Originally Posted by Agmar View Post
    BTW paladins could never tank all 4 adds on 25 man, it was warriors because of critical block.
    Paladins could, actually. I did. (No warrior tanks in my guild at the time.) Critical block made it easier for warriors, but properly-geared paladins could also cut the damage considerably. Not that any of that matters now. With the elimination of almost all block value on gear, the fight's pretty much going to require three tanks.

@Akarys
    not true, i was at my buddies when his guild was running it for LULz and they used 2 prot warriors....1 on anub 1 on adds. i asked what the add tanks stats were and he said 20.12% dodge, 20.17% parry, 45.78% block (so around 91% unhittable) with 19.??% mastery...he was at like a 508 mastery rating or something (with 2 stam trinkets as well...not sure why he didn't use Heroic CTC and Heroic Etrigg's Oath to make his dodge substantially higher) . He tanked it just fine and rarely dropped below 35% HP. And those are almost Identical stats to what i run on my warrior. and we both have the same gear (full 277), minus he has the Heroic BQ shield and in 20+ kills on her I have yet to see it drop so i use heroic Neverending Winter lol. Only difference was our AOE spec. We both run the same single tgt and Aoe spec. But he changed his up a bit for the fight. He dropped war academy and blitz for field dressing and blood craze to help with heals.

I mean i would see why 3 tanks would be pro right now especially for lower geared guilds. But its not needed. I will prolly take my guild in this week for the LULz since we will have everything cleared by tonight.

@Agmar
    I have tried every possible way, Mathematically OFC (cost to much for tons of regemming and reforging to do it in game), to reach 102% "unhittable" and...its not that impossible. You just wouldn't have a single stam gem, or the ones u would have would be 15 stam + something else. I would not say it is viable by any means tho. and you wouldn't use stam trinks, you would use heroic CTC and Heroic Etrigg's Oath to put u just below dodge DR then reforge and regem alot of mastery and parry...but it just isnt worth it IMO.
    Tanks...You're Welcome!
    Descendings Armory | Descendings UI

Quote Originally Posted by Fakemessiah View Post
    @Akarys
    not true, i was at my buddies when his guild was running it for LULz and they used 2 prot warriors....1 on anub 1 on adds.
    You're right but for the wrong reasons. Warriors can temporarily hit unhittable with shield block, meaning that if you kill the adds within 14 seconds (shockwave+shieldblock timing) you can still 2 tank it, and probably for a few more seconds after that with 91%+ unhittable, but much longer and you're gonna get gibbed.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

@Fakemessiah: That's with full 277, though. Presumably the healers and dps are similarly decked out in 264+, too. That's not possible for Dedicated Insanity, which is what we were discussing.

Try doing that with nobody in the raid wearing any gear above 245. I suspect you'll have one very dead add tank, followed shortly by a dead raid.

Edit: Hrm, DI is only in 10-man, I'd forgotten that. No reason not to just outgear the fight and two-tank it, then.
    Last edited by Akarys; 11-03-2010 at 01:23 PM.

The 25 man version is clearing heroic with no one dying at all on any fight. But ya the gear thing is only for 10 man.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Akarys View Post
    @Fakemessiah: That's with full 277, though. Presumably the healers and dps are similarly decked out in 264+, too. That's not possible for Dedicated Insanity, which is what we were discussing.

Try doing that with nobody in the raid wearing any gear above 245. I suspect you'll have one very dead add tank, followed shortly by a dead raid.

Edit: Hrm, DI is only in 10-man, I'd forgotten that. No reason not to just outgear the fight and two-tank it, then.
    @Akarys
    Yeah I was going off the whole 25 man one which didn't have DI, it just has Immortality or something like that. No worries, we're all human and make mistakes especially when it comes to reading stuff and taking it the right way.
    Tanks...You're Welcome!
    Descendings Armory | Descendings UI

+ Reply to Thread