+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What am i doing wrong Fury DPS

What am i doing wrong Fury DPS

Hello,

I'm a fury dps war Gnome :P

I need some advice on items and tacs. I thought i know all i can about fury ..but it seems i cant output the dps i should. Any advice on gear?

Link : The World of Warcraft Armory

Any advice is apreciated :P gear or spec

Your expertise is really low, you may want to gem for it until you hit the cap.

as for your spec you should never put points in enrage, it's a terrible talent

change your glove enchant to +44ap, you are well over the hit cap so there is no need to enchant for hit. try to get exalted with the sons of hodir and get their shoulder enchant rather than your current 40ap/15resil

never gem for attack power, change your two 16ap/12sta gems to 8str/12sta. also never gem for haste if you are ever going to use an orange gem use the str/crit versions (this goes for the str/hit gem you have in your legs too).

isn't the yellow hit cap for fury 8%? ... for yellow that is
    as for the expertize isn't it 3/3 fory fury when attacking from behind?

Hehe. You think you know all you can about fury? =)

Soft hit cap is 8%. With (3/3) precision it's down to 5% (164 rating). With a draenei aura (1%) you are looking at 131 rating to never miss a yellow attack. After that the value of hit is severely diminished, however still useful.

Expertise cap is 6.5% for fury, to rule out dodges, which is 213 rating. Expertise is even more important to cap than hit, since you will not be able to hit everything from behind at all times.

These two are very basic things to know about fury, so you have probably missed some stuff. Perhaps you should read up a bit more?

Apart from the low Expertise your gear looks decent. Some enchants could see some improvement and a few gems too. You are revered with Ebon Blade, so get their head enchant and lose the resil. Work on your Hodir rep and get the shoulder ench. If you can get a hold of a Darkmoon Card: Greatness, you'd see some nice jump in dps. Your professions aren't exactly optimal for bumping your dps, but on the other hand you don't seem super serious about maxing out everything.

Your spec is okay. I would personally not use a spec without Imp Cleave or cleave glyph, since it's a pretty amazing combo. Execute glyph is really poor, since you won't be using execute much, even while the target is below 20%; just stick with your normal rotation prioritizing WW and BT and use execute during your free cooldowns and skip slam. Use HS when rage allows, just don't rage starve yourself, becase that will make your dps drop by a lot. Always make sure you have enough rage for at least a WW and a BT (45 rage).

Enough info for now. =)

glyph of execute isn't very good, but it is still better than glyph of cleaving if there is less than 3 targets, so that isn't such a big deal in my opinion. Ideally you should switch those two glyphs around depending on the fight (if there are 3 or more targets use cleaving, if there are under 3 targets use execution)

imp cleave is currently very useful in ToC but in ulduar it wasn't quite as useful because not every boss had some aspect that would allow for the use of cleave. in general though it's a pretty nice talent to have but because cleave is situational, it makes the talent situational as well so I wouldn't say every fury spec should have it because who knows, maybe you will never have a time to use it in icecrown.

This thread really belongs in the Halp! forums.

+ Reply to Thread