+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gemming and Enchanting

Gemming and Enchanting

Well, according to WoW-Heroes all my gemming/chanting is up to par and awards the max points as such BUT.... im not quite sure if I should change up my gemming any or whatnot. I heard the hit rating cap was 8-9% but as it seems... blizzard didnt want to give us higher up gear with hit rating on it... but than I was asked... Doesn't your expertise % and hit rating % get added together to determine if your hit capped? Well.... I dont know lol. Please take a look at my gear gemming and enchants and offer advice on replacements. I already know about my hand gem, since I definitely have no need for extra def rating. I just haven't gotten around to regemming that item, but I want to know but with your help tankspot . I've read lots of good advice on these forums and would love if you could take them time to offer me any, thank you!

Armory Link:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Get a stam gem for your gloves. You will get more EH if you enchant chest with 275hp, gloves and cloak with armor and shoulder with the stamina pvp enchant.

Blade Ward is a bit of a lacklustre tank enchant, I prefer Blood Draining over it.

Hit rating and expertise works on two different reasons your attacks misses.

You have an 8% chance to miss your physical attacks (and a 17% chance to miss your "spells" ie taunt), hit rating works to reduce these numbers. Note that hit rating reduces your chance to miss faster for spells than for physical attacks.

You have a 6,25% chance that the boss dodges your attacks and a ~15% chance that he parries them. Combined its ~21%. Expertise works to reduce both those numbers at the same time. So in effect expertise is twice as effective as hit rating to up your tps before you hit the soft-cap (6,25% reduction of boss dodge and parry @ 26expertise).

Note that expertise does nothing for some of your attacks (taunt, demo shout, TC etc) which inflates its value for tps slightly.

A note on talents, two point in improved disciplines will reduce the cd of your SW by 33% and are very well spent points.

So what should I do about my hit/expertise? Leave it as is for now?

And about the hand enchant, why not keep armsman for that extra 2% threat and parry bonus?

Also regarding "A note on talents, two point in improved disciplines will reduce the cd of your SW by 33% and are very well spent points."

There's really not two points I could manage to lose anywhere else and this spec works perfectly for everything and anything I do.

Because avoidance won't save you EH will, and threat is so easy to make that you should never need to enchant or gem for it.

For your gloves:

Do you need the extra threat? What do you think you need the most, threat or survivability? It's tough to answer that question, you're the best judge of that.

For expertise there are several options. As Glittersmith says getting to 26 expertise is a good thing.

You can put Enchant Gloves - Expertise - Spell - World of Warcraft on your gloves, eat some Rhinolicious Wormsteak - Item - World of Warcraft, or you can socket some Guardian's Dreadstone - Item - World of Warcraft

What is your feeling on hit? Are you missing critical moves, do you think its lowering your threat? Do you have any gear with hit on it that you can swap around? Most of the 226 gear is loaded with hit.
    Vexed
    Bronzebeard - US

Quote Originally Posted by Glittersmith View Post
    Because avoidance won't save you EH will, and threat is so easy to make that you should never need to enchant or gem for it.

Yes, threat is never an issue for me.

SO quick recap

Gloves: Stam gem and +240Armor Glove reinforcements.
    Cloak: Mighty Armor enchant
    Shoulder: PvP stam enchant
    Chest: 275HP although.... is 275 really anything? I see that number and giggle not understanding why 275 is anything to look over.

Also... what does EH stand for... lol.

EH = Effective Health, and 275Hp might not be much but its more EH than 10stats enchant.

I guess I still have this question in my mind.... do I need to do anything about my hit rating?

If you can keep aggro on mobs without to much hassle and don't think missing the occasional taunt is a problem then you don't need to do anything about it. Its a personal taste issue, but I would personally not gem or enchant for it.

+ Reply to Thread