+ Reply to Thread

Thread: About what content can I tank?

About what content can I tank?

Dear Tankspot
    My DK tank Flandre
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    is my third alt. and I want to tank some raids with this char. however last time I went to ToC10 Gormok wiped the floor with me. Since then I've been not so open about tanking raids anymore however I would like to retry. But not sure what content will I be able to handle
    Blasterion
    sKsBlaster/Blasterion for Stim Kill Smile and Last Light on Stim Kill Smile and MedivhUS

WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings plugin your character info it will tell you what you're ready for gear wise. Skill cant be determined by a web page however.

It seems as though you have not done any naxx, uld, or any big raids period. That is a big tanking nono. You can't walk into a brand new raid and expect success. Myadvice would be to gain some skill and some more gear from some other raids and improve your char.

Another thing is you should not be tanking toc at all. 31k is not enough hp for any boss in toc. They just hit too hard... I would recommend running 25 naxx and ulduar.

As for your boots... never wear anything but tanking gear ever... pvp and dps gear violates the 1st commandment of tanking =P

well I don't feel i lack skill wise only gear wise after all I am not exactly new to the instances themselves as for the Boots I was kind of out of option a bit there it had high stam Resil do count toward counter crit and I am still def capped that's my reasoning for them
    sKsBlaster/Blasterion for Stim Kill Smile and Last Light on Stim Kill Smile and MedivhUS

In my opinion, tanking is more then gear, it does play a big part though. What else should be taken into consideration is the guild/raid your in. PuG raiding usually fails since the people don't know their fellow raid members. Tanking for a pug raid, the healers don't know when you usually pull out your cooldowns for example. Ontop of that, that everyone knows the encounter (you included) plays a huge role.

If its a guild raid, you can prob. do Toc10 normal with 31k health (couldn't see your tank set on armory just went after what someone else commented on). If the rest of the raid is well geared and knows what to do, it might even be easy.

PuG raid to Toc10 can go eitherway.

Tanked ToC10 myself with 28k unbuffed HP, went just fine. OTed Toc25 with roughly 30k HP unbuffed, went smooth all the way down to that last bugg, but was the lack of damage that failed us there.

Don't know Uld10 & 25 as I haven't done them to any extent. Naxx10-Mally25 is the same thing, if its in a guild that knows their stuff, no worries. If its a pug, it can go eitherway.
    Regards,
    Youkai

+ Reply to Thread