+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newly to arms and slight bit confused!

Newly to arms and slight bit confused!

Hey all I was hoping for a little help with tweaking out my characters gear for DPS. I have for ever been a tank and part time fury goon, but recent events have demanded that i switch to a more DPS centric role where my output when hitting things needs to be as high as possible. After doing some reading and experimenting I have learned that Arms is where I should be at with my gearing and honestly I think I like it's play style better after fussign with it for a few days. My character is currently geared as such WoWArmory. I have optimized things as well as I can with the gear available to me using Landsoul's excellent spreadsheet.

My current problem lies in ArP. More precisely how to go about stacking it. Everything I read says stacking ArP towards the cap is the best thing an Arms warrior can do even after the slight nerf in the last patch, but Landsoul's sheet shows a significant decrease in DPS if I switch Strength gems to ArP gems. So what/who should I believe before I spend the money and time re-gemming? Oh and yes I plan on capping out hit this evening so please ignore the lack of hit cap!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The way I had figured it was I wanted to have 3500 AP MINIMUM before worrying too much about armor pen. This way I had a decent stable stat. As of right now I have nothing BUT amor pen gems aside from a few hit ones - get yourself a grim toll (this will prove very useful later on) so you can replace all hit gems and when you start getting more current gear the AP will come natrually.

To this day I only have 3800 AP, but I have nearly 80% armor pen without grim toll. Start gemming for armor pen, you won't regret it.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mugthol/Saal/advanced

Switch over at 30% ArP FROM GEAR ONLY. at that point the SEP valuue of ArP takes over str's. The 30% is not including battle stance. It's all or nothing concerning ArP. gem all of your slots except the ones you need (hit/expertise if your low.).

As Said above, if you can get your hands on a GT or Mrunestone, then by all means, throw that on to replace your fo-mirror. The ArP proc is godly and it'll allow you to drop some hit rating depend ing on which one you get.

+ Reply to Thread