+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pally tank would like come tips

Pally tank would like come tips

sorry for the fail come is some and i dont know how to change it

Hello I am sorry if this is in the wrong place.
    I have been tanking for a year some people think I am doing alright some people think I am not.
    I am not understanding the Diminishing Returns – Avoidance post. The math is kind of confusing for me. So I don’t know how much or dodge or parry I should be aiming for.
    I have been told I am really hard to heal in h 10 and 25 man toc and would like some help on were I can re gem / enchant
    I have 45 badges of triumph and some gear in the bank.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Azgalor&cn=Astoria&gn=Just+Too+Epic

as for the content I am trying to tank.
    we are doing 25 man toc and starting 25 man hard mode toc.
    I run 10 man toc and started doing 10 man hard modes.

I have a few different gear combinations I use for trying to maximize my TPS but any help u can give on how to improve my stats.
    Last edited by skinard; 10-16-2009 at 11:56 AM. Reason: mistyped the heading

You don't really need to understand the math behind diminishing returns, you just need to know how to apply it to your gear.

First off, if either your Dodge or Parry are under 20%, keep stacking that stat. Once your Dodge AND Parry are both over 20% then you can use this handy dandy little macro

Code:
    /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("If ratio above 1.88 start getting Parry. Currently at: "..string.format("%.2f", (GetDodgeChance()-10)/(GetParryChance()-10)))
    So if the macro comes back at more than 1.88, get more parry, other wise more dodge.

The only gem/enchant decision you've made that I question is the agi/stam gem in your gloves. You are sacrificing a stam socket bonus. I'd find a red gem slot to get your meta activated.
    Last edited by Honorshammer; 10-16-2009 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Gem comment

shoot i loged out in holy spec in my prot gear i will check that when i get home and try and get it above 20. i know omy dodge is like 27 or somethign like that but i think my parry is 18-19

+ Reply to Thread