+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where should I spend my Triumph Badges?

Where should I spend my Triumph Badges?

I recently fell bass ackwards into gear getting lucky pugging 25 mans -- I got tanking pieces in VoA, TotC and Ony this week (Crazy lucky!) so now I'm sitting on about 80 triumph badges (was saving for the ilvl 245 helm) and I simply can't decide whether to get the shoulders or the trinket or some 9.0 gear.

I'm wearing 8.0 shoulders and the Black Heart and the 245 trinket from Ony's head.
    My guild doesn't run 25 mans, so I can't count on getting a trophy anytime soon.
    I'd grab the shoulders, but I'm worried the huge expertise loss would hurt my threat quite a bit.

Don't you just love hitting lucky streaks, it almost makes up for the string of no rolls higher then a 10 we all go through. With 80 badges you might want to think about getting the trinket (50) and the lvl232 shoulders (30).

What I would do in your position is this:

First, list the items you can buy with the emblems you got.

Second, compare the relative gains that each of those upgrades would provide, i.e. the ilvl232 shoulders would give X armor, X stam, X expertise, which would translate into X% more armor, X% more stam, etc for this piece.

After doing that, the best upgrades become crystal clear

I suppose, mostly I was looking for opinions on the trinket.

If its worth upgrading the black heart to that trinket (I don't see myself unequipping the Ony trinket anytime soon, the avoidance is just TOO good).

Quote Originally Posted by Posolutely View Post
    (I don't see myself unequipping the Ony trinket anytime soon, the avoidance is just TOO good).
    Unless you'd lose def cap taking off the ony trinket, that statement is a lie. Glyph of Indom is second BiS for physical fights imo. Rocking that and Black heart would be very ideal for your current levels.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

+ Reply to Thread