+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which Weapon/Shoulder?

Which Weapon/Shoulder?

First of all I should make everyone aware that I dont have access to any hard/heroic mode weapons.

Weapon:-

Anyways the story is I am still using the Peacekeeper Blade for my tank weapon. Since I was running really low on hit I decided to go for FL25 sword, Titanguard Titanguard - Item - World of Warcraft

But since yesterday I got the warrior ilvl 245 t9 pants (yes I know they are not well itemized but I really needed hit) so I dont have that big of a hit requirement anymore? Now I have following choice for weapons

1. Titanguard - Item - World of Warcraft
    2. Ardent Guard - Item - World of Warcraft
    3. Gleaming Quel'Serrar - Item - World of Warcraft
    4. Burnished Quel'Serrar - Item - World of Warcraft

Now Ony swords are nice but a bit slow for warrior tanking so I was leaning towards ( Ardent Guard - Item - World of Warcraft ) but the stats on that are really underwhelming (except for armor), So I am not sure which one to take? Halp !!

Shoulders:

I have ilvl 232 t9 ( Hellscream's Pauldrons of Conquest - Item - World of Warcraft ) now but after all my upgrades I will have plenty of expertise to stay above 26 so is the badge shoulder ( Shoulderguards of Enduring Order - Item - World of Warcraft ) recommended??

Any help is great, though it would help you can explain why are you making that choice

The idea of needing hit is actually a fallacy. Hit is really not that important, as sad as it is. In my EHP gear I rock 89 hit and 35 expertise and still pull 7-8k threat easily, peaking to 9-10k with some lucky crits =P.

As far as the weapons listed I would take burnished quel'serrar, the proc is ridiculously awesome.

As far as expertise goes: 26 is not the cap, the cap is I think 57. 26 is the dodge cap yes, but parry goes on much further and it is probably better to avoid getting parried due to autoswing reset on parry. That and it's really nice when your shield slam doesn't get parried. So still using those shoulders is fine.

HAVING SAID THAT. The EHP from the badge shoulders are better than the iLevel 232 T9 shoulders. If you get the iLevel 245 shoulders, take those over the badge ones, but the badge shoulders are a nice stam/armor upgrade to what you have.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Don't have much to add except this:

The speed on a weapon makes very little impact on the threat output. The QS weapons are roughly 100 TPS loss, but give you less attacks that can be parried (if you're not nearing hard cap)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

+ Reply to Thread