+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Calling kitty dps

Calling kitty dps

First off thanks for taking the time to read this. I've done my homework and geared, gemmed and enchanted as I thought that i should. Now my gear set is not all BIS but i dont believe its terrible. I chose the AGI route due to the coming nerfs in ArP. Im using "badkitty" addon to try and keep track of all my debuffs and dots using the rotation that i found was concidered to be the highest dps.

So my problem is that i feel my dps is short of where it should be. It might be that i'm doing something wrong in rotation or it could be gear, im just not sure. I'll post rotation after i recieve a few responses to see what you guys are doing. Running H Gun last night my dps was around 4.5K on boss fights. IDK this just seems really low to me. Thanks to all who read this and give me advise.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Character- Lequtis Realm- cairne Guild- Insidious US server

TYVM
    Last edited by lequtis; 10-15-2009 at 09:07 AM.

You're doing 4.5k dps on a boss in Gundrak and you feel it's low? That's basically a dummy. Without knowing what you're doing, I'm going to think that the boss fights were short, you weren't getting a ton of buffs, and in general you were probably overemphasizing bleeds.

Your gem in your helm is atrociously bad; you're putting +20 crit in a yellow socket and putting +10 all stats in a prismatic? Really? Ugh.

Your spec is very much suboptimal for things like heroics. My suspicion is that you're FBing way too much and not doing other things. 5/5 FA is good for some things, I guess - but I'd prefer the speed boost and the swipe boost personally.

Anyway, you need to make sure you think about your rotation. For fights in heroics at that gear level chances are they'll be over in 30 seconds or less. Is setting up a 5 CP rip 10 seconds into a 30 second fight the best thing to do? Is spending 5 CP on SR that good? Etc, etc.

Ty for the advice. The reason the +10 all stats and the +20 crit gems are there is to make the meta active. I thought that these would be the best gems of the correct color that i had to chose from. If you have a suggestion please let me know, I would love to hear it.

I may be expecting too much from myself but thats the norm. The boss fights are really short so in that respect i shouldn't be looking to keep up with hunters and mage's i guess.

I'll post rotation when my boss isnt so close. = )

if you need to use a yellow gem, go for the orange deadly cut.

You don't need anything but the 10 stats gem to activate the agi meta, and putting it in a slot where you don't get a socket bonus out of it is 8(

I'd suggest replacing the belt with whatever your best gem (apparently 20 agi) is and putting the 10 stats gem in the helm (since that seems to be the best socket bonus you have).

There was a good post I read on Felhoof's site I believe it was written by a feral dps from Ensidia. Tun I think was the name or something to that effect. Anyway I found it benefitial I don't know if the info is out on the web still, last time I tried to find it I didn't have much luck.
    As far as rotation what I do based on what I've read is
    mangle, rake, shred and shred, savage roar, tiger fury, shred, shred, shred, rip, and repeat basically keeping everything up based on this priorty, by having at least 50 percent crit your combo point generation should be high enough (getting an extra with each crit through talent points) to where getting to five comes really fast making it easier to keep these up, also when everything is up and you have 5 cp ferocious bite.
    1 Mangle
    2 Savage Roar
    3 Rip
    4 Rake
    Shred every other time
    I may be wrong, if so be gentle.
    Last edited by Bludzooka; 10-16-2009 at 07:25 AM.

oh yea one more thing from Tun's post that stands out, he said he didn't mess around with cat swipe, he always just single target dps'd, part of that I think was their aoe dps was strong enough he didn't feel it was needed but that I'm not for sure on, just remember he didn't use it.
    Last edited by Bludzooka; 10-16-2009 at 07:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread