+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Avoidance

Avoidance

I was curious if any pallys could help me out i have been raiding as a lock since ulduar and my guild just had me switch to my pally to become MT, so im kinda out of the finite points of of my avoidance. Is my dodge to low to tank 10 man togc 25 man togc as we will start progression on them soon. i have been consentrating on stam should i adjust abit for more avoidance.

Thanks All,
    Z

Here is a link to check me out.
    WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings

You should get all the avoidance you need from your gear, you should gem and enchant towards EH if you want to survive in hardmodes.

so im definitly heading in the right direction. I have the jc crab do u think that would be better than the black heart for the increased hp and the dodge ability or the armor proc of the heart it is like a 20 stam difference, But is the 7k armor better.

Generally speaking, TotC massively favours Effective Health over Avoidance as the most dangerous parts (Gormok's bleed, Dreadscale's Burning Bile, Icehow's stun, Faction Champions, Anub'arak's freeze, etc) either ignore Avoidance entirely or at least mitigate its usefulness. Having said that, I would recommend being sensible still - if you have a +12 Stam socket bonus with a blue and a red socket, don't just jam two +30 Stam gems in it as you'll effectively be trading +10 Def or +10 Agi for +3 Stam.

From an EH point of view, Mighty Armor probably trumps Super Health in any non-magic fight, so perhaps consider switching your Chest back to +22 Def and putting the Armor enchant on your cloak instead? This should also get you back above 540 Defense Skill which while not necessary to be uncrittable (due to the Resilliance on shoulders) does affect the heal from Ardent Defender when it procs so is still worth aiming for.

As a general rule, I match sockets (Def/Stam for yellow, Agi/Stam for red and Stam for blue) where the bonus is +9 Stam or higher and ignore it for anything else. Otherwise let the avoidance come from gear. I wouldn't bother with the Strength/Stam gem you have there as you shouldn't be having threat issues in the gear you have really. Likewise you can probably drop Armsman from your gloves in favour of a Heavy Borean Armor Kit or +20 Agility. If you find that you are a little short on threat without them, you could always use the iLevel 245 Retribution Libram - 200 Strength with near 100% uptime.

Just a final note on your spec (I know you didn't ask, but I've already written so much I might as well :P) - I would personally lose the three points from Divinity as I've found points here almost always get lost to overheal anyway. I personally go with 1/1 Divine Sacrifice and 2/2 Improved Hammer of Justice, purely because the reduced cooldown on HoJ is great for Faction Champions. You could also go fully into Divine Guardian if you use Raid Wall a lot (again, great for the first part of FCs) or 3/5 Reckoning for a bit more threat. Glyph of HotR is a matter of personal taste but if you're mainly focusing on TotC just now you're not really getting much benefit from it due to the lack of trash - Glyph of Judgement might be good here threat-wise or Glyph of Righteouse Defense could come in handy for Gormok taunting or add pickup on Anub.

This probably all sounds a bit nit-picky but that's only because you're already basically 99% of the way there, so I just thought I'd make a few suggestions just around the small bits and pieces I'd personally do slightly different. Hope some of it helps anyway

Quote Originally Posted by zilri View Post
    so im definitly heading in the right direction. I have the jc crab do u think that would be better than the black heart for the increased hp and the dodge ability or the armor proc of the heart it is like a 20 stam difference, But is the 7k armor better.
    In almost all situations the 7k Armor is better, but it has one drawback which is that it's not controllable when it procs. Keep the Crab in your bag for fights with predictable damage you'll want to use your trinkets for (Vezax is a good example) but I'd stick with The Black Heart for now - especially since, if you're lucky, its proc will persist through Anub'arak's freeze where the Dodge bonus wouldn't. Never throw your trinkets away though, switch them in and out depending on the encounter and what works best.

I would recommend 20 defense to shield over 18 stamina as you are not crit immune on your armory. I feel 20 defense to be the better enchant even past 540 but if you wanted to you could throw a 10def/15stam gem into your chest and gain the 9 stamina socket bonus. That should bring you to exactly 540 and would only cost you 6 stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by Firstprime View Post
    I would recommend 20 defense to shield over 18 stamina as you are not crit immune on your armory. I feel 20 defense to be the better enchant even past 540 but if you wanted to you could throw a 10def/15stam gem into your chest and gain the 9 stamina socket bonus. That should bring you to exactly 540 and would only cost you 6 stamina.
    He's at 538 Defense Skill but is uncrittable due to the +15 Resilliance component of his shoulder enchant. 15 Resilliance is reduces the chance to be critically hit by around the same as 20 Defense Rating, so he is crit immune in his current gear.

I do agree that +20 Def on shield is overall the better enchant, however and of course reaching 540 Defense Skill affects Ardent Defender positively too, so is worth shooting for. Just thought I'd clarify in case there was some confusion - he's crit immune but arguably not in the most optimal way.

Quote Originally Posted by Firstprime View Post
    Actually he has the stam/resil shoulder enchant (good call btw) which means he could be at 536 and still be crit capped.

Edit: bleh Mert beat me to it.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Wrong forum.

Read Rules.

Armory Links = Halp forum.

Moved.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread