+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My gear sucks or does the healers hate me?

My gear sucks or does the healers hate me?

I've been MT/OT in my guild since we progressed in Naxx, and there was always a guy who died in the raid, at least once every second bossfight, uptill Jaraxxus came out, when i took a break. I recently decided to take up WoW again, and don't have the latest of gear, but one thing always confused me. Why the hell did I die so much? Only thing i can see missing is a EH trinket instead of the dodge one, but that's because i was always picked for the Uld10 HM group and spent hours of wiping on Mimiron HM, instead of getting a shot at the trinket from Yoggy10. Neither did the EH trinket from Ignis drop a single time. I missed the Brewfest trinket, since i was taking a break during brewfest.

So tell me if somethings wrong, or is it so simple that my healers loves watching me die?

The World of Warcraft Armory

Your healers basicly love to watch you die =P. Nah but to be a bit more serious. Warrior tanks can be a bit spiky to heal when things fail. And since warriors have slightly less EH than druids and paladins, and paladins even have their inbuild GS and the static effect on AD which which makes you as a warrior seem to die a lot easier.

And ToC hardmodes that I guess you will/have started to work on have some fun bursty bosses *looks at gormok*.

To not sound to pessimistic, warriors shouldn't really die more than any other tanking class really. You just have to use all the tools you have available to stay alive. And a second stam trinket is always helpful.

Has anyone said anything about survivability problems, or are you just being a good tank and wanting to improve? If they thought you sucked, why put you in the hardmode group?

That said, if survivability is your primary concern, finding 2 talent points and a glyph slot for 2min shield wall could be a start.

You could always use Essence of Gossamer as your second trinket to boost your health some? Or even better, level your Jewelcrafting and make yourself a Monarch Crab. You're missing 63 Stamina just from not having JC to 400.

Im a raid healer as a main role in our guild, my alt is the back up tank (warrior). Slot for slot my gear is very close to the same as yours. For the content you are doing your EH is low low low. You goingto see your self get squished in ulduar and toc untill you get your health up to 30k+ unbuffed. There are some good pieces out of toc 5 heroic that can help with this along with epic blue stam gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Glittersmith View Post
    Has anyone said anything about survivability problems, or are you just being a good tank and wanting to improve? If they thought you sucked, why put you in the hardmode group?
    I consider myself a quite capable tank, its just that i want to save money from the repairs and too look better towards outsiders. was only in the Uld10 HM's because i was the second most reliable tank in the guild...

Quote Originally Posted by Healybob View Post
    Im a raid healer as a main role in our guild, my alt is the back up tank (warrior). Slot for slot my gear is very close to the same as yours. For the content you are doing your EH is low low low. You goingto see your self get squished in ulduar and toc untill you get your health up to 30k+ unbuffed. There are some good pieces out of toc 5 heroic that can help with this along with epic blue stam gems.
    I dunno if you took a look at my PvP-gear, since I was PvP'ing while you posted your answer, and I do hope you did, and at the same time, I really hope that you didn't. That would mean you didn't look at the gear and just looked at the health, or that you are somewhat blind. Even though you were trying to help, if the info your' supplying is incorrect, you might just end up pointing out the wrong things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mert View Post
    You could always use Essence of Gossamer as your second trinket to boost your health some? Or even better, level your Jewelcrafting and make yourself a Monarch Crab. You're missing 63 Stamina just from not having JC to 400.
    Reason I don't have Essence of gossamer is that in Naxx, EH wasn't as useful as avoidance, IMO, and about the JC, the prices for the mats on my server are ridiculously high.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezial View Post
    Reason I don't have Essence of gossamer is that in Naxx, EH wasn't as useful as avoidance, IMO, and about the JC, the prices for the mats on my server are ridiculously high.
    Don't expect to be too successfull in heroics without doing some work for it.

In other words, suck it up and level that profession.

+ Reply to Thread