+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DK Tanking Trinket Comparison

DK Tanking Trinket Comparison

For avoidance/damage mitigation purposes, would (at 28% dodge 20% parry unbuffd avoidance) The Black Heart be better than the 300 dodge every minute for 10 sec cooldown on the Monarch Crab? (assuming the monarch crab is gemmed with 2x 30 stamina gems)

different purposes, avoidance is good in some fights, armor in others, but the fact that the avoidance is useable whenever you want puts the monarch crab slightly ahead, even tho at you point in the DR curve the amount of dodge you will get is not that awesome.

True, but in theory, having that on a 1 minute cooldown will allow me to do a "cooldown rotation" having a cooldown up at all times

I'm with Stomp. A big part of the value of the trinket on-use ability is that you can pop it when it is most helpful, rather than popping it strictly on CD. That said, I think they're pretty well on par, but the Black Heart will feel good for fights where you're most concerned with baseline mitigation, and the Crab for when you want periods of strong avoidance (enrages, avoidable stacking specials like Frozen Blows, etc).
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

If you don't want to think about it fight to fight though, just put the Black Heart on.

+ Reply to Thread