+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: PTR 3.3 DK DW talent

PTR 3.3 DK DW talent

what do you guys think of this talents for the upcoming patch 3.3?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...1,Iaw3e-,10571

with the new one handed rune of the stonesking gargoyle and beeing able to hit ruen strike with both weapons since patch 3.2.2 i think DW tanking will be nice with those talents, whats your opinion?
    Last edited by Trork; 10-15-2009 at 09:07 AM. Reason: new talent, thanks to replies.

Assuming you're talking about a tank build, I personally would miss out on Blood of the North, but haven't had time yet to do spec testing for my tank build, so could be worth it I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

yeah, its a tank build :P and true, i forgot about blood of the north, removed blood caked and put on it instead:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...K,Iaw3e-,10571

A tank build without blade barrier?

Quote Originally Posted by Glittersmith View Post
    A tank build without blade barrier?
    good point, totally missed out on that =( heres a little redone one:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...m,Iaw3e-,10571

If you guys got some other specs and wanna show em out, please do =)

The lack of Blade Barrier and Bladed Armor will be sorely, SORELY missed in a tank build.

Bladed Armor will floor Necrosis any day of the week. Most every non-style specific threat talent in fact.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post
    The lack of Blade Barrier and Bladed Armor will be sorely, SORELY missed in a tank build.

Bladed Armor will floor Necrosis any day of the week. Most every non-style specific threat talent in fact.
    what about now, removed Epidemic and necrosis and added a bit on tundra stalker and bladed armor.

It might help to suss out what you're trying to accomplish with the build, as it is slowly but surely becoming just a typical dual wield frost build. =)

true, it is lol... just remove points from Dead and Decay to Bladed armor and Glacier rot then we are the typical one rofl...

The problem with a DW tank build is that it ties up 6 talent points (nerves 3/3 tot 3/3) that you could put elsewhere. It leaves less slack for customization. So really, once you pick up the essential tanking talents, then throw in both DW talents.... you're done.

Dual wield Frost taking those two talents isn't really a problem...

It does very well. Dropping them for something else so you can 2h Frost doesn't actually do noticeably better than the dual wield setup with equivalent gear.

Ok well what about a build like this then..
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...2,I8w3e-,10571

Hello OP
    After seeing some of the posts I put together this
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathknight#eSQ3Ms60xSVqJb,aMw3O-,10571
    as my DW build. it has 5/5 Blade Armor grief that no subversion. However it contains all the necessary Talents to work.
    Now the glyphing. I find IBF a bad glyph to use since our defense can bring IBF above 30% so IBF glyph will be a hinderance imo. As well with the HB glyph Disease glyph is also unneeded. I replaced them with Frost Strike and Obliterate because i think it will help threat gen alot. however they maybe replace by UBA or RS and such. I also see no need for pestilence glyph since you won't be casting it instead you'll have HB as your Disease button. Raise Dead saves money and can be useful for a emergency Death Pact.
    Sincerely
    Blasterion

Quote Originally Posted by Blasterion View Post
    Hello OP
    After seeing some of the posts I put together this
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathknight#eSQ3Ms60xSVqJb,aMw3O-,10571
    as my DW build. it has 5/5 Blade Armor grief that no subversion. However it contains all the necessary Talents to work.
    Now the glyphing. I find IBF a bad glyph to use since our defense can bring IBF above 30% so IBF glyph will be a hinderance imo. As well with the HB glyph Disease glyph is also unneeded. I replaced them with Frost Strike and Obliterate because i think it will help threat gen alot. however they maybe replace by UBA or RS and such. I also see no need for pestilence glyph since you won't be casting it instead you'll have HB as your Disease button. Raise Dead saves money and can be useful for a emergency Death Pact.
    Sincerely
    Blasterion
    Yeah, i liked those talents, would just put on 130 rp removing deatch chill and scent of blood (I use alot FS when KM procs, also RS ofc) and I liked the glyphs you chose there.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...k,aMw3e-,10571

Knyte, a few thoughts. Partial points in Blood of the North will feel awkward with unreliable rune change-overs. Shorting yourself on Black Ice to get Subversion is not really worth it, you'll get a bit more threat overall out of Black Ice as Frost. And Glyph of Disease AND Glyph of Howling Blast seems to have a bit too much overlap, I suspect you could get better net effect if you drop one for something else.

Blaster, I sincerely hope no one is using glyph of IBF for tanking, that has been several months fixed to not contribute at all for a tank.

For Trork, I've found I have no use for RPM with a Frost tanking build because I FS often enough to never have RP piling up to get it past 100. In fact I favor putting points in SoB instead to FS more and I still never really hit the cap.

Dual wield Frost taking those two talents isn't really a problem...

It does very well. Dropping them for something else so you can 2h Frost doesn't actually do noticeably better than the dual wield setup with equivalent gear.
    No, it isn't a problem in the sense that it keeps them from being able to tank; dw tanking does work very well.

It's only a "problem" if you are looking to try something a little less established by shifting talent points around. That's all I was getting at.

Knyte, a few thoughts. Partial points in Blood of the North will feel awkward with unreliable rune change-overs. Shorting yourself on Black Ice to get Subversion is not really worth it, you'll get a bit more threat overall out of Black Ice as Frost. And Glyph of Disease AND Glyph of Howling Blast seems to have a bit too much overlap, I suspect you could get better net effect if you drop one for something else.

Blaster, I sincerely hope no one is using glyph of IBF for tanking, that has been several months fixed to not contribute at all for a tank.

For Trork, I've found I have no use for RPM with a Frost tanking build because I FS often enough to never have RP piling up to get it past 100. In fact I favor putting points in SoB instead to FS more and I still never really hit the cap.
    true that, I did forget about the dodging part, with the coming sigil:"Your Rune Strike ability grants 44 dodge rating for 15 sec. Stacks up to 5 times." SoB will be a very superior talent in comparison to RPM

Quote Originally Posted by Trork View Post
    true that, I did forget about the dodging part, with the coming sigil:"Your Rune Strike ability grants 44 dodge rating for 15 sec. Stacks up to 5 times." SoB will be a very superior talent in comparison to RPM
    Seems slow tanking weapons are limited 3.3 probably the objective is to take 2 slow DPS weapons and use the rune on them to get 2 Tanking weapons

As for Deathchill it's just good to have as a good Threat up on the pull thing
    sKsBlaster/Blasterion for Stim Kill Smile and Last Light on Stim Kill Smile and MedivhUS

Quote Originally Posted by Blasterion View Post
    Seems slow tanking weapons are limited 3.3 probably the objective is to take 2 slow DPS weapons and use the rune on them to get 2 Tanking weapons

As for Deathchill it's just good to have as a good Threat up on the pull thing
    What about avoidance weapons, like the peacekeepers? I know they are a bit too fast, but maybe the avoidance stats, nice stamina and gem slot will make them good DW tanking weapons ( i know theres annother thread about DW tanking weapons around, but context came up ) also faster weapons, more RP with SoB? or should i just go with my DW dps weapons (atm Tankard O' Terror on MH and Aledar's Battlestar )
    Last edited by Trork; 10-16-2009 at 11:32 AM.

well I understand Avoidance is important however much of our abilities Obliterate Frost Strike blood Strike Rune Strike are weapon dmg based and fast weapons have low weapon damage there for making our threat less effective. and no Runic Power can make up for that imo

as for slow tanking weapons to my knowledge there is Last Laugh and Broken Promise
    @ Satorri

Quote Originally Posted by Knyteshade View Post
    Ok well what about a build like this then..
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...2,I8w3e-,10571
    there =)

Now my question is Death Chill. Great for starting threat but Worth it?
    Last edited by Blasterion; 10-16-2009 at 12:37 PM.
    sKsBlaster/Blasterion for Stim Kill Smile and Last Light on Stim Kill Smile and MedivhUS

+ Reply to Thread