+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: unhittable set (sbr/sbv for warriors)

Quote Originally Posted by Murdog View Post
    No there doesnt seem to be concrete evidence that it is 100% that every 30 seconds they should be casting shadowy strike im more so trying to give a guide line so when you start practicing you dont all of a sudden be like "WTF these boss timers are off" im giving reason's as to why the timers are off. But from what ive seen stunning them with abilities before the SS timer is up doesnt reset there timer fully but if anything it "MAY" (i used the word may just so ppl dont start saying i said this is fact) Skew the timers a little by 2-3 seconds.

Ill Use our Thursday night of attempts for example, all night we had 1 Shadowy Strikes go off (i think we did about 15 attempts or so many P3 Phase's) my self and a ret paladin used Shockwave/Wrath on the adds when ever the Timer was at 1 second left till Shadow Strike and my BigWigs timer stayed true the entire night.
    Ok I will practice on that abit , also I realized that when you get 100% at RAWR you are unhittable against the level of the mob you chose (I chose 82) , so ty for the help.

1/ Hey guys, I was wondering what trinkets I should use in my unhittable set. I haven't done the maths yet, and I don't have all trinkets in hands yet to try and check out which yields the most avoidance.

So far, I had planned using Lavanthor's trinket for 4% block. This one is pretty obvious. But I am more likely wondering which second trinket should be used:
    Note that none of the following ever dropped for me (yet):
    - dodge trinket from TOC/TOGC10.
    - Naxx10 defense trinket.
    - Onyxia's head reward (parry/defense).
    so fat the head's reward seems interesting as there is a bunch of parry and defense which yields block rating. The 84 defense from Naxx10 has more defense = ie more block. the dodge trinket seems inferior as it only provides some dodge.

...or should just I be fine ignoring the second avoidance trinket and get a stam one?

Note that I am still building my set (90% unhittable with stam trinket as second trinket).

2/ Another quick question for those who already built their block set: do you gem for defense only? ignoring socket bonuses? or combining STA for blue sockets and Def/Dodge or Def/Parry for red socket?

i logged out in my set if you want to check it out, just made it this week with mostly stuff that was in my bank

and the defense/dodge gem is the best if you're going for unhittable

I got a question here, hopefully someone can answer it assertively:

Which is more important, hitting the 101.8% or having high block value?

The reason I ask is because with my current gear, I can get two different setups, one with 98.81% unhittability and 1600ish block value, and another with 97% unhittability and 2400 block value.

I figure that 2% less chance to avoid/block is worth the 50% gain in block value, but maybe I am wrong, am I?

I would say, keep working on it. you want 101.6% to put RNG out of the table. below 101.6% you will get hit. as soon as you hit 101.6% keep working on it to increase your BV.

now practically, if I had to choose between your 2 sets, since they are BOTH below 101.6% I would go with 97%/2400BV.

Since P3 is one hell of a DPS race it really does help with having only 1 add tank and freeing up one spot for another DPS. Atleast that is the way I see it. I am not fully decked in BR/BV gear yet but I can muster about 94% avoidance/BR and 3300 BV which does help ALOT tanking just 2 adds. Typically my other offtank buddy (also a warrior but in normal EH gear) takes atleast twice as much damage as I from add.

So saying "BR/BV gear helps" is an understatement, it does wonders.

Hi guys i'm currently at 105% unhit, and i have 2700 SBV unbuffed.

Now the problem, whem im solo add tanking witch means tanking the 4 adds alone, i do it fine, but sometimes i get 4 hits in a row and i die.

I already used the macro to see my unhitable percentage and i already calculated it manually and i have certain i have 105%.

Anyone know why i'm getting hitted ?

Its like i'm tanking i'm take 0 dmg dodge parry misses and blocks, and then 4 hits dead... with 105% unhit unbuffed this shound't happen right ?

This was on Anub 25 HC ofcourse and i have 620 defense rate +/- 8% miss.

Quote Originally Posted by repinho View Post
    Hi guys i'm currently at 105% unhit, and i have 2700 SBV unbuffed.

Now the problem, whem im solo add tanking witch means tanking the 4 adds alone, i do it fine, but sometimes i get 4 hits in a row and i die.

I already used the macro to see my unhitable percentage and i already calculated it manually and i have certain i have 105%.

Anyone know why i'm getting hitted ?

Its like i'm tanking i'm take 0 dmg dodge parry misses and blocks, and then 4 hits dead... with 105% unhit unbuffed this shound't happen right ?

This was on Anub 25 HC ofcourse and i have 620 defense rate +/- 8% miss.
    I coulda sworn I responded to this... did my post get deleted?

Anyways: you're probably getting an add to your side or behind you, causing you to not block/dodge/parry
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

He posted to two different threads Aggathon.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    He posted to two different threads Aggathon.

Oooooohhhh, thought it looked familiar, I'm a bit slow today, lol.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone considered using this?
    Figurine of the Colossus - Item - World of Warcraft
    it gives around 2% avoidance which is probably comparable to a +defense rating or +dodge trinket in terms of avoidance.

I was looking at the on-use and was wondering if it could be worth it for this fight.

some maths: I am not sure how fast exactly those adds hit. Let's assume they are attacking once a second = 80 attacks in 20 seconds (4 adds). now, with around 50% block rating, that would be 40 blocked attacked or 4800 healing. Again I don't know how fast they hit in heroic25 but with the haste buff they gain, I am sure it is faster than 1 hit per second which would represent more healing.

The Purified Onyxia Blood Talisman - Item - World of Warcraft is one of the trinket that are recommended for this fight. After diminishing returns on dodge/parry/miss Onyxia's head probably gives around the same avoidance and also grants 100 HP5 or 20 heals per second. [even if the Onyxia's talisman has more avoidance, the figurine can and should be compensated by other pieces of gear to remain at 101.6%]

If the calculation above was correct the figurine would give 4800/2minutes or 40 heals per second - compared to the 20 heals per second from Onyxia's talisman.

1/ Can anyone tells me how fast those adds hit? so I can correct the maths and see if this trinket could be worth it?

2/ Anyone has any comment about this?

add's base swing speed is 2.0
    each add halfs their swing speed.
    10 man is 1.0
    25 man with 4 is .25

assuming you can still achieve 101.6% without the other trinkets,

4 adds attacking every .25 seconds for 20 seconds yields 320 attacks * 50% block chance * 120 heal each of those blocked hits = 19200 healed.

The problem is that the heal is kind of inconsequential and heals will be coming on you anyways since healers will keep hots on you to keep you alive. All this will end up doing is causing minor overheals.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

thanks. I was more looking at it as an on-use "BV" trinket anyways, where each block blocks an additional 120 damage. (not really but since heals are generated upon block, it's pretty much the same thing).

so if you can have 101.6% without a second trinket, then the second trinket should be equipped with the auto-blocker since it blocks for 200 and twice the duration, plus it has a stock BV of 117..

Quote Originally Posted by elunesbuddy View Post
    thanks. I was more looking at it as an on-use "BV" trinket anyways, where each block blocks an additional 120 damage. (not really but since heals are generated upon block, it's pretty much the same thing).

so if you can have 101.6% without a second trinket, then the second trinket should be equipped with the auto-blocker since it blocks for 200 and twice the duration, plus it has a stock BV of 117..
    yup yup
    Finkill | <Rush> | US Horde | Dark Iron
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...inkill&gn=Rush

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    I coulda sworn I responded to this... did my post get deleted?

Anyways: you're probably getting an add to your side or behind you, causing you to not block/dodge/parry
    If you're getting hit, and obviously not from behind, while tanking 4 adds on Anub, and you are 101.6% unhittable, odds are your dodge/parry are too high and your block rating is too low.

Meaning, you're dodging/parrying in sequence, and thus with the dodge parry DR, you're temporarily lowering yourself below unhittable.

I had the same issue, switched for more rating, no longer getting hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Risky View Post
    If you're getting hit, and obviously not from behind, while tanking 4 adds on Anub, and you are 101.6% unhittable, odds are your dodge/parry are too high and your block rating is too low.

Meaning, you're dodging/parrying in sequence, and thus with the dodge parry DR, you're temporarily lowering yourself below unhittable.

I had the same issue, switched for more rating, no longer getting hit.
    Uhhh...... what? You don't understand what DR means, it doesn't mean that if you dodge X times you can't dodge any more, it means that the more dodge you have the lower % you get per dodge rating. It's not like dodge 4 times then immune like getting cycloned or something.

101.6% is 101.6%, the only thing I can say is that you didn't actually have 101.6% because you somehow calculated it wrong if that was the case, even then block is pushed off the table first before dodge or parry.

Do night elf warriors only need 99.6% buffed? Due to quickness racial?

I'm pretty sure the racial is added in the paper doll, so technically you might need less gear, but the macro should still show 101.6%

Well I tried the macro while nude. It seems that the 2% doesn't show up on the character pane, but it does show up on the macro.

+ Reply to Thread