+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: unhittable set (sbr/sbv for warriors)

unhittable set (sbr/sbv for warriors)

Hi,
    I haven't been really gathering sbr/sbv based geared so far. I am starting to regret this.
    I would like to know if heroic anub 25 adds tanking requires to be unhittable or to stack sbr/sbv gear to an extend?
    I have tanked boss and adds in reg 10/25 and heroic 10 without trouble. The guild will soon start working on togc25 and I would like to know if I have to or it can be done without.
    thanks

it helps an enormous amount. Okay that's understating it. Having a SBR/SBV set for anub arak almost trivializes the adds in terms of survival. Don't get me wrong, dps, and positioning is still very intense, but if you want to make your attempts easier by eliminating one of the hard parts of the fight (add tank death), an sbr/sbv set will help a lot.

it can be done without though by having 3 tanks, and each tank splits 2 adds each, and positions them in such a way that they can be aoe'd down but not close enough together to haste each other.

think of it as

Code:
          MT   
    OT  BOSS   OT
         MELEE

RANGE

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

thanks
    I will "try" and get some sbr/sbv gear. But I guess we will go with another tank cause by the time we get to anub I don't think I will be unhittable yet...

Quote Originally Posted by elunesbuddy View Post
    thanks
    I will "try" and get some sbr/sbv gear. But I guess we will go with another tank cause by the time we get to anub I don't think I will be unhittable yet...
    If you don't have an unhittable set then 1 tank tanking the adds is pretty much impossible. Maybe if your AOE is good enough that between shockwave and shield block you never get hit, but tbh that's unlikely, especially in phase 3.

2 tanking the adds for now is a good idea. Go watch paragon's video. The only problem is that the 2 tanking strat is fairly different from the 1 tanking strat so if you switch strats there will be some going backwards in progression to go forward again, but it shouldn't be too bad.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

/agree Kaz.

Having done both strats, and working on p3... if you have an unhittable set, a hunter and 2+ rogues, the 1 tank on adds strat works much easier. You also free up another dps spot in your raid comp.

I'm not that familiar with the two-tank strategy, but I suppose you free up another frost-patch for kiting purposes with one tank as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Daxwax View Post
    I'm not that familiar with the two-tank strategy, but I suppose you free up another frost-patch for kiting purposes with one tank as well.
    <CUTIES ONLY> <Premonition> and <Rush> all use the 1 add tank strat and they all have videos on it I believe.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

I went back to uld25 and finally got a few block pieces that usually went to holy paly's offspec.
    The set is not complete yet, as I need to go back to uld10 and probably some T7 content.

My question is, do you think it's worth using this incomplete set (33% block - 2.3K BV - 25% dodge, 19% parry) on heroic anub 10man? for the past 2 weeks I was doing it in my EH set which is a mistake I think, but it worked. Or should I wait to get closer to 50% block?

edit: we won't be attempting anub25 in heroic before a few weeks, which gives me time to complete this set. so the question is only anub10 Heroic. thanks

Anub 10 heroic is significantly easier than 25...half the adds, basically meaning that you're effectively doing the "two tank strat" all the time in 10 man, regardless of being unhittable.

yes, it does work fine in a standard set. my question is more, would it make it easier? Block set = less stamina = less heals on anub, basically.
    but is the lack of (15%-20% block) too risky to be worth it?

If you are confident in it, I say give your current block set a try (if you're not going for X attempts). That way you can atleast see how viable it is with 2 adds. Talk to your healers afterwards, how much damage you were taking etc, this shouldgive you an indication on how far away you are from being able to tank them on 25H
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Quote Originally Posted by elunesbuddy View Post
    yes, it does work fine in a standard set. my question is more, would it make it easier? Block set = less stamina = less heals on anub, basically.
    but is the lack of (15%-20% block) too risky to be worth it?
    because of how the mechanics of Anub works, it is one of the few fights that avoidance/mitigation trumps all, so yes, even an incomplete set is acceptable for 10 man. In 25 man it's a lot more rigid but if you have high BV you can probably get away with not being at 101.6%, but you need to be as close as possible and the further under that you are the more likely you are to get RNG gibb'd. Someone posted something in another thread about the odds of getting an unlucky RNG streak. With 4 adds that all hit 4 times a second over the course of a 6 minute fight that is very likely.

Also: H-25 Anub down tonight with the 1 MT 1 Add tank strat, w00t w00t! (Got tribute to skill too)

Our guild just downed it last week with me using an unhittable set as well. We have a video up at Rebirth if you want to check it out.

We're not at heroic 25man Anub yet but for fun I put a set together (and used it on normal last night - solo tanked and cos of bad positioning ended with 4 of them at one stage, my hp was spiky but I survived) and I must say I found getting unhittable easy it was trying to up my block value that I found tricky (can only get to 2.9k unbuffed atm), you might be surprised at what you can buy with emblems of various descriptions.
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

You should be rotating your trinkets when using one tank. After Shield Block fades, use Lavanthor's/Gnomeregan Autoblocker/Glyph of Deflection accordingly so that you have a trinket up for each add wave. You should also be keeping Glyph of Blocking up PRIOR to add incoming to maximize your Block Value.

Quote Originally Posted by ae0n3 View Post
    Our guild just downed it last week with me using an unhittable set as well. We have a video up at Rebirth if you want to check it out.
    excuse me just one question how does your guild deal with the shadow strike ?

when do you guys know when to interrupt since when 4 adds are together i can barelly see the cast, it would be a great help if you could give that information. The time when to aoe stun.

I saw the video gratz btw and i see you only use 2 palas with Holy Wrath and you using shockwave, now the question is the timing.

Thanks in advance.

Boss mods will give you a timer on when shadowy strike is suppose to hit. From the start of the fight its on a 30 second repeating timer, The trick is to have them stunned during the time in which they are suppose to start the cast (i.e. Being stunned from 2 seconds till cast through to 1 second after) But be warned there are many varying factors that will come into play that will dictate if the shadowy strike will go off at that time.

Here are a few examples:
    - **MAIN PROBLEM** This is a factor that is the cost of most of the timing problem for Shadowy Strike. Any ability that has a silence tied into it like Arcane torrent is known to throw off the timer for the Shadowy Strike on which ever add it hits.
    - So if a paladin (Horde) Uses Arcane Torrent to regain mana early in the fight and only one add gets hit by it while they are coming in that one add (for some reason i dont know why but when we had ppl stop using Arcane Torrent the timers fell perfectly back in sync) When yo Shackwave/Wrath/Shadow Fury the adds on the designated time even if it hits all of them that one add that was hit by AT usually casted Shadowy Strike 4-5 seconds after the timer.

- Diminishing returns will also play a factor but if you are only using one stunner then it should not be an issue ( i advise using your warrior Shockwave tied with a Ret Pallies Wrath) both being used on the 28 second mark provides enough stuns that will cover if by chance the ability miss's one.
    -The reason i bring this up is because ppl use Shockwave as a way to stop incoming dmg for a short duration but this puts the stun into diminishing return and with wrath only being 3 seconds if its cut any shorter you are risking the chance of Shadowy Strike going off if timing isnt perfect.

Hope this answered your question (and more)
    The answer is user error

I have one question , what if they get stunned long before the Shadowstrike is about to land? It is reseting its timer?
    For example : 15 seconds for the Shadowstrike to hit -> they recieved stun -> do they reset it to 30 seconds after the stun?

And btw if one of you who tanked this encounter would add a chardev of his gear (with 101.6% avoidance) I would be gratefull , because atm I am alwyas sitting on 100% according to RAWR and it is very annoying I cant get it up.

Check my armory i have my set currently on and fully buffed this gives me 102%

Buff that go into getting Unhittable are Kings,Mark,Horn of Winter, And Elixer of Defence.

I use Elixer of Str, and STR Food to bump my SBV. But if you need more Avoid Agi Food and Elixer will help as well.
    Last edited by Murdog; 10-16-2009 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Typo
    The answer is user error

Quote Originally Posted by Yushi View Post
    I have one question , what if they get stunned long before the Shadowstrike is about to land? It is reseting its timer?
    For example : 15 seconds for the Shadowstrike to hit -> they recieved stun -> do they reset it to 30 seconds after the stun?
    No there doesnt seem to be concrete evidence that it is 100% that every 30 seconds they should be casting shadowy strike im more so trying to give a guide line so when you start practicing you dont all of a sudden be like "WTF these boss timers are off" im giving reason's as to why the timers are off. But from what ive seen stunning them with abilities before the SS timer is up doesnt reset there timer fully but if anything it "MAY" (i used the word may just so ppl dont start saying i said this is fact) Skew the timers a little by 2-3 seconds.

Ill Use our Thursday night of attempts for example, all night we had 1 Shadowy Strikes go off (i think we did about 15 attempts or so many P3 Phase's) my self and a ret paladin used Shockwave/Wrath on the adds when ever the Timer was at 1 second left till Shadow Strike and my BigWigs timer stayed true the entire night.
    Last edited by Murdog; 10-16-2009 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Typos
    The answer is user error

+ Reply to Thread