+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury warrior needs advice

Fury warrior needs advice

Hey im currently gemmed mostley for STR, as apposed to armorpen, i cant pull more then 5k with my gear score and rating being so high that shouldnt be either im doign something wrong in toc rotation wise or im missing some key factor in gems/ enchants and gear or maybe i should switch up my trinkets.
    my current rotation is as follows i have BT-WW- Slam procs and spam of hs at about 50 or more rage, my ap fully buffed is about 7800, unbuffed at about 5160. i cant pull more then 5k on 25 mans and about 3-4k on regular 5 mans. im using wrathstone and pyrite infuser as my 2 trinkets.
    I seriously need to up my dps now that we are going into toc hard modes with my guild and if my dpps isnt minmum 5.3-6k i wont get invited any advice maybe more arp over str. change up my rotation throw in a rend? another warrior in my guild ubuntu singleton out dps's me everyfight and i cant understand why a majority of his dps is comming from hs I do spam buttons as apposeed to just waiting maybe thats it. any advice and open forum discusiion will be much appreciated

If

If you have only 5100 unbuffed AP you really aren't that geared as fury. Strength does trump everything else. You shouldn't need more than 200 hit rating because of the amount of damage you will be doing will take into account rage management.

But if you want further help we need an armory which is down right now so tell me name and realm so I can look you up on wowheroes.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mugthol/Saal/advanced

Thisisdre, Server is demon soul us.

I currently aquired the new 245 back and 232 wrist. back is might of nerub Might of the Nerub - Item - World of Warcraft
    and wrist
    Armplates of the Nether Lord - Item - World of Warcraft

Hrm you don't look half bad I can't see why you're only doing 5k or so.. The biggest thing you need that I see is some 245 weapons, a new helm & chest.

Weapons make the biggest difference for fury of anything. After wowarmory comes back up I'll inspect it a bit closer.

Edit: Well that is a nice back piece and I would aim for Boneshatter Vambracers from ToC25 (I think they drop from Jaraxxus but I could be wrong)
    Last edited by SixStringsXD; 10-13-2009 at 09:56 AM. Reason: New Info

Thanks for the advice im 27 expertiese 180 hitrating, im talented correctly. i have blacksmithign so i have the extra gem sockets i just really need top up my dps so i have a chance at some of the 258 items

and also help with addons i currently only use dmb and recount i just started playing wow mayeb 4 months ago i need to know which addonds i need to put onto help increase my dps some people tell me sbf is great, And also should i spam regular toc for the 200 banner trinket? or waste the 4k neccisary for trinket darkmoon card greatness

I like Mik's Scrolling Battle Text for monitoring my slam proc's and cooldowns on abilities. Other than that it is a standard DBM, Recount, Omen3.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

I prefer SBF for monitoring slam procs. You can configure a big ol' buff frame to sit right on top of your character and only show Slam procs.

As others have said, new offhand, new bracers, and new enchants on shoulders and helm (Ebon Blade revered and Hodir exalted) would serve you well.

Make sure your using something to keep track of your slam! procs, and the duration that they have left.

also, you have ArP gems in your gear, swap those out for 20 STR gems. it only benefits you to gem for ArP if you can get to 45-50% from gear, then get caped with a ArP trinket (runestone preferably).

also, you only need 164 hit rating (5%), pyrite infuser needs to go ASAP.

also, your trying to mach socket bonuses that give 4-5 STR, with a 10 str/15 stam gem, and it isnt worth it. you dont seem to be taking advantage of the +10 stats prismatic gem either. using it in a pice of gear that gives STR as the bonus is very helpful (your legs would be the best), as it gives

+10 STR
    +10 AGI (+20 armor)
    +10 STAM

you can also be getting the 21 AGI +3% crit damage meta gem. It will give more crit (after kings) then 21 crit will, and will give you AP (from armored to the teeth)

EDIT: i understand that you may be raiding with a druid at all times, but it isnt worth it to not spec into rampage. if the druid dies during a fight, or he just doesnt show up one day, thats a big buff to miss out on.

it also doesnt seem that any of your warriors have improved shouts.

wow that is some great insight and im really thankfull ok i will switch out the armorpen gems with str, hopefully i can get death choice seeing as how Im in dire need of it do you think it will be smarter to get maybe grimtoll or the trinket that drops from normal 5 man toc. or better yet by the one with emblems, Im down to do anything neccisary to improve my dps

armory is back up and im posting my armory to show you guys what i have,
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    wondering in investing in darkmoon cardgreatness or just wait for death choice?

For procs, etc get EventAlert - plays a distinct sound and makes a big button that says SLAM! wherever you want it to

i would not get grim tol if it will take you over hit cap.

after 5% hit (assuming you have 3/3 precision) hit only effects your offhand's ability to generate rage as you will generally be using heroic strike almost always.

runestone is the best you can get in terms of and ArP trinket, but even then, i wouldnt use it unless you can get to 40% with only a few (4-5) ArP gems.

in short. try and stay above 5500 AP unbuffed, but get to the ArP soft cap if possible.

Use Landsoul's spreadsheet.

Warrior DPS Calculation Spreadsheet - Elitist Jerks

Personally I am a big advocate of Grim Toll and reaching the 50% ArP marker as it should result in a nice DPS boost. My advice is to link your stats into Landsoul's and see the results (it will point out any gearing errors relatively quickly). If Excel 2007 isn't available to you then rawr may also help you assess gems and items (though be careful with the optimisation options as they aren't really that good).

As for rotations WW > BT > Slam (Landsoul's will tell you at what point it will be better to prioritise Slam e.g. 2.6 seconds left on the proc). Make sure you spam HS where possible aswell.

Your comment about the other warriors dps coming from HS has me thinking he's managing his rage better than you. Check a recount and look up rage gained. That should tell you stuff. Our fury warrior with similar AP as yours but way more hit (nothing gemmed, just what comes from gear) and about 35% ArP is doing 6K+, reaching 10K on multiple target fights (twin valkyrs, anub+adds, etc)

fledern what trinkets are they using i have improved my dps to abotu 5500 about 7-8k on more then 1 target

+ Reply to Thread