+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gemming for My Content and Leggings

Gemming for My Content and Leggings

Hello All,

Casual raider here running TotCrusader 10, Ony 10 & 25, etc. Currently I'm comfortably over the +26 Expertise soft cap, almost hit-capped, and have plenty of +DEF (563). What I'd like to know is given the gem color bonuses (like +12STAM in my helm) have I gemmed appropriately for my given content or should I focus a bit more on +30Stam gems?

Now for my leggings. I have the T9 iLvl 232 legs Wrynn's Legguards of Conquest - Item - World of Warcraft which give me the two piece bonus or are the Saronite Plated Legguards - Item - World of Warcraft that drop from Kologarn 25 better? Two piece bonus and more DEF (80 / 52) vs. the +Armor & Dodge on the Saronite.

Last, what are your thoughts on Titanium Plating on my shield? I don't need the +DEF atm so it's that or +18STAM.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Linky: WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings (Armory seems to be down for maintenance.)

I'd go for the two-set over the saronite plated legguards personally.

I'd also swap out hit gems for stam - being hit capped is cool but not essential and stam stacking is king for ToC.

Finally, Titanium Weapon Plating is non-ideal. I'd prefer Defense, or stam over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    I'd go for the two-set over the saronite plated legguards personally.

I'd also swap out hit gems for stam - being hit capped is cool but not essential and stam stacking is king for ToC.

Finally, Titanium Weapon Plating is non-ideal. I'd prefer Defense, or stam over it.
    Two piece - bonus: Yep, that's the way I'm leaning.

+Hit gems? I don't have any ATM. I have +Expertise in any slot for either a +9 or +12Stam color match bonus and two +30Stam in my chest ignoring the +6Def bonus. (I do have lots of +Hit gear though: legs, gloves, ranged, neck, and bracers.)

Yeah, I'll be dropping the Titanium plating - nice for grinding heroics but that's about it. With 563 Def, +18Stam looks to be the way to go.

Remember, defense increases your tanking stats across the board.

IIRC correctly, you had a +hit/+expertise blue quality gem in one piece of your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Remember, defense increases your tanking stats across the board.
    IIRC correctly, you had a +hit/+expertise blue quality gem in one piece of your gear.
    D'oh! My boots - you are correct sir and thank you. That one will be replaced with Enduring Eye of Zul - Item - World of Warcraft
    Last edited by Apollux; 10-13-2009 at 12:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread