+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms: Back after 5 Month Hiatus - Help me gear back up!

Arms: Back after 5 Month Hiatus - Help me gear back up!

The World of Warcraft Armory

I took a break from WoW and now I'm back after 5 months. I didn't keep up with the patch notes at all when I was gone, and frankly I no longer know what's what when it comes to DPS gearing.

Guildies have been telling me to grind heroics and take the new conquest badges and gear up. A couple weeks of steady heroics should get me to a much better place. I would just like to know which badge gear items I should grab first, and which new encounters I should do my best to PUG for upgrades.

Any new BIS enchants out there? Additionally, I know there are lots of new gems I need to get but I think I'll save them for Conquest level gear. I will however be regemming my meta to the one that only requires 1 blue gem.

Also, is there a new best spec for Arms?

Thanks for any and all replies!

54/17 is still the way to go, ArP has diminished slightly in it's "power" but you still want to gun for several benchmarks in terms of ArP.

30% arP from gear + a ArP proc trinket = regem for ArP to around 45% passive ArP this + 10% battle stance = 55% + ~45% arP proc means profits. however, another benchmark, and you'll see this happen as you gear up quickly in ulduar/totc, is your arp static # will go past this 45% passive. You can either constantly regem/rebalance to stay at 45% ArP or you can try to shoot to 75% passive ArP. At 75% passive ArP, it is commonly (although not mathematically proven) suggested that the proc now is diminished on the trinket and you're better off using static ArP trinket (from regular toc 5 man) or other trinkets, and push for 100% passive ArP. so you can drop the grimtoll/mjolnir's.

Hit cap is still 8%
    expertise soft cap is still 6.5% so with weapon mastery it's 18, without 26 (talent it how you need as your gear may put you at >=26 so you get 2 free talents)
    rotation is still rend>MS>Execute>OP>Slam>HS if excess rage.

enchants are still the same as far as I know, AP to most places, legs are still the ap/crit from LW, helm is still the ebon hold, chest is still +stats. You can basically stare at Destruyen (member here, from korgath, my guildmate) for an idea as to how to gear/gem/etc. He's the best geared Arms warrior on my server and probably the most knowledgeable arms warrior we have on these forums along side shiz and a few others.

I'll give a more detailed reply when I get a chance to look at your armory. And sky... you know this belongs in the HALP forum!

edit: armory is down for maintenance so cantz helps ya yet Sky.
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 10-13-2009 at 09:36 AM.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

As an added note, take 2 points out of execute and throw them in weapon mastery if you have problems with expertise, the 5 rage on execute won't matter when you're hitting so hard you have more rage than you know what to do with. :]
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mugthol/Saal/advanced

Thanks for the reply and the move Kazey. Glad to hear most things have stayed the same. Really the only thing that's different now is the ilevel on the gear

So... now that the armory is back up what would you buy first with Conquest badges. And what would you buy first with Triumph badges?

I'm grinding daily heroics now and I'm sure I'll have enough of each soon...

Oh and Six Strings, I will definitely end up doing that if I drop below expertise softcap with a few upgrades (most of the badge upgrades I've seen don't have expertise and would be replacing pieces of mine that do).

first triumph purchases: t9 helm, chest, shoulders, and gloves to get the 4pc and not waste conquests on the t8 tokens. then get the ring if you need some more hit after you've replaced other gear.

first conquest purchases: agi dps neck.

might want to upgrade your belt with the crafted ulduar dps one, more sockets, str, and expertise.

you will drop alot of expertise, ive got alot of expertise pieces and i still use 2/2 wep mastery. 5 rage off execute is kinda blah anyways imo since you can effectively replace 8 expertise with more arp gear.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Thanks for the tips Destruyen, but which belt is that? I want to see which mats I need to gather.

Also, isn't there a pretty decent craftable set of bracers? I think someone in my guild linked them two nights ago...

bracers: Titanium Spikeguards - Item - World of Warcraft they are nice, im going to make them soon, although i wont be able to wear them until i get the anub25 boots with expertise on them. im currently using Boneshatter Vambraces - Item - World of Warcraft

the belt i was talking about is Belt of the Titans - Item - World of Warcraft
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Thanks for those links. Looks like some pretty steep mats, but those are very nice...

Looks like I have some goals to work towards

+ Reply to Thread