+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Armory check, build check, etc

Armory check, build check, etc

The World of Warcraft Armory

I know my build is kind of funny. Something I just threw together to play with. I've had threat issues with this from time to time but for the most part I've managed to deal with it. I've seen other builds and read that Deep Wounds is a big threat builder, but if I'm holding threat with this build, is it really that advantageous?

Also, what kind of set do I have going here? I pretty much just grab what are obvious improvements when they drop.

Any other general advice and information regarding tanking would be great. Links to other posts, other sites, or anything else of that nature are appreciated.

Set looks fine overall - I'm not a huge fan of the brewfest trinket, the black heart, while having less static stam, adds a ton of armor when it procs and is (IMHO) a better trinket, particularly when you're comfortably stacked for stam as you are.

I'd prefer defense on my shield instead of +18 stam but its not a critical change.

Spec is good too for tanking progression bosses. The lack of improved TC will make you a little weaker on trash but not a big deal. Keeping a few glpyhs of cleaving on hand to swap out for trash pulls would help.

Overall, your set is something of a general use kit. Not enough dodge to be an avoidance set, not enough expertise to be a real threat set (You're actually under the soft cap) and not enough block for a block set.

Ok. Well I can easily swap in The Black Heart. My guild is clearing ToC 10 each week and working on 25. Still have to pug a lot of members... We also tried taking ToGC on and got the Beasts down. Any certain improvements/changes that I should make to handle these encounters better?

+ Reply to Thread