+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Cata Holy Priest Guide (4.0.3)

For one measly point you get the most powerful spell in our arsenal, our most mana-efficient spell, not to mention a trademark to our class, and you gave it no love!

lolwell

I'll give it love when other people give it enough love to click it, ever.

I preface this post with the realization that this is an old thread, however many things are now out of date for GEARED Holy Priests especially.

First and most important, the stat priority seems to be personal choice here based more on regen rather than throughput. Intellect in no way, shape, or form is more important to you than spellpower. Secondly you can't even GET a piece of gear without intellect, while you CAN get a piece without spirit. Intellect is like stamina when it comes to gear....who cares....it all has the same amount per tier. When it comes to gems you should be gemming according to slot bonuses as they are all SP with the exception of a few pieces like some bracers and the new exalted ashen verdict ring. This means Luminous Ametrine=Yellow, Purified Dreadstone=Blue, Runed Cardinal=Red. If you get desperate in early gearing you may want to use Purified's in your red slots as well.

You have the potential to be the best healer in your guild period. If you stop listening to people who tell you to rarely use GH. This was true for a time where PoH was more heals and mana issues were common. The fight mehanics in ICC provide both types of damage single target and raid-wide. I am surely not going to cast PoH to heal 2 targets taking cleaves from Marrowgar, instead I will back up my pally healer with triple cast Flash and burn my GH on the next cleave to the opposite tank from my pally's target. I see a lot of guilds still 3 healing ICC10. Get a good H Priest and drop in another dps so you can try for some achieves.
    Inner focus-- is completely useless once you reach 3400+ sp and 860+ regen which happens after your first piece of t10 assuming you geared up to ToGC 10 content. We have a ton of healing specs in our guild and our raid comps are always varied. I have found no use for inner focus since I was a fresh face in ToC 25 reg.

Holy Nova-- is yet another instant cast that crits for 3900. I find loads of use for this in fights like Crazy Cat Lady achievement, or when you are stepping down in content you are having ease healing to do some dps as well as heal a group. Nova/CoH on Faction Champs is pimp due to the pvp like atmosphere of the fight. Holy Priests are all about situational heals, that must be why we have 10 healing spells, 6 attacks, 2 cc, 4 cleanse/dispell, fear ward and frostweave bandages. If YOU can't find a place for it because you prefer doing something else and not positioning yourself so it is effective just say that. Not that it is nerfed or useless, because it is not. I have been using the hell out of it on putricide during the transitions from each slime as we are all grouped up on the green ooze's target. BINGO NEW CONTENT USEAGE! As you get the pushback from the explosion if you fail to kill it prior to it reaching the target on lockdown just cast Nova as soon as you get hit and CoH on the fly back and your lowest health raid members are back in business for easy pick-ups when they get the ground to pick up dps. Or you can make it hard on yourself and try to renew everyone prior to the explosion and hope CoH is enough while you fly up in the air. I prefer skill over prayer though.

Lightweave embroidery--is also a must for the geared H Priest. While darkglow has served us well through the our mana troubles of the past lightweave is what our healing hearts have always desired. Again if you find your regen over ~870 (and most definately over 900) with 3300+ sp there isn't anything released in ICC 10 or 25 that shoud be giving you mana problemsas of the date of this post (Plagueworks). Now if you aren't releasing you shadow fiend early in you mana pool drops that is your fault and you need to start doing it sooner so that it has a chance to be up again during your longer encounters. 23 haste to cloak is a poor option. Our haste needs are next to nil. You should get WAY more than enough haste to give you a 1.27 sec Flash Heal with the new t10 items. Your PoH and GH should be sitting at ~1.5 sec with serendipity stacked. You can't improve that much more without nerfing your crit to under 20%.

Ember Skyflare Diamond--I see no other option with the new stats on our t10 items. My mana pool sits at 26,900 self-buffed when gemming sp/spirit and sp/int and sp according to color bonuses. 25 direct SP and 2% MORE intellect on an ever increasing base mana pool. Also translates to more crit. Haven't seen the numbers, but I guarantee the two other options listed in this guide do not benefit us any longer. We do not need a 2% mana increase any longer nor do we need chance to proc mana on spellcast. If you need more mana regen get the Sliver of Pure Ice trinket and use it often. If you are Horde-side then you should be a blood-elf as a holy priest purely for arcane torrent if you are more into/serious about raiding than pvp or other content.

18 Spirit enchant on boots--A MUST. This is a througput stat with Spiritual Guidance. I think Aleina was attempting to catch us off gaurd with Tuskkar's. This is a pvp Disc enchant at best and passed over at worst. 18 Spirit is as close as you come to spell power on boots. I would even take Icewalker for the Crit if you find yourself low on Crit ie below 24% self-buffed.

Glyphs--3 Slots. Well that's good bacause we only have 3 options. CoH, PoH, and Renew. For all the renew haters out there. I'll transfer to your server and join your guild and see what skada and recount say about my 3/3 imp renew glyphed H Priest vs. your so-called h (note the lower case) priest. Renew is a BEAST. There is SO much drip drip drip damage that I like to steal from the druids in my guild and renew work perfectly for this. *With the new 2p set bonus and BiS haste increases WAY past numbers we are used to Glyphed Flash may become useful to the t10'd Priest.

2nd tier talents-- I will agree with this at present but my thoughts will probably change once I settle into 600+ haste on my full t10 gear. Having a damn near 1 sec GH with serendipity is BEYOND SICK. But currently I agree with Aleina on taking Warding over Fury. I want to reitterate that my opinions will probably change foreseeing the haste increases on BiS.

PW:S-- I took note to the fact that she lists this a spell not cast that often and puts it in a less accessible binding. I STRONGLY disagree with this. Even though you aren't disc PW:S is a huge part of being a healing priest. I cast it more often than binding heal as I rarely take damage not cured buy CoH or PoH or a quick renew if it is steady, and about as often as PoH is cast from my combat logs. There is no reason to neglect your damage reduction ability especially in ICC where backing up the tank heals with PW:S+Renew is necessary in several fights. If you run xperl or any raid frame addon that shows increasing aggro (omen for that matter) and especially if you lack a disc in a 10m or only 1 in a 25 you should be shielding often. If you find you have your hands full healing and can't incorporate damage negation in yor rotatio and know you are doing your job as a geared H Priest you should look at the other healers or guild understanding of the fight mechanics for a rational explanation.

Good guide, but just outdated now. Hopefully she gets around to updating it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfermera View Post
    I preface this post with the realization that this is an old thread, however many things are now out of date for GEARED Holy Priests especially.

First and most important, the stat priority seems to be personal choice here based more on regen rather than throughput. Intellect in no way, shape, or form is more important to you than spellpower. Secondly you can't even GET a piece of gear without intellect, while you CAN get a piece without spirit. Intellect is like stamina when it comes to gear....who cares....it all has the same amount per tier. When it comes to gems you should be gemming according to slot bonuses as they are all SP with the exception of a few pieces like some bracers and the new exalted ashen verdict ring. This means Luminous Ametrine=Yellow, Purified Dreadstone=Blue, Runed Cardinal=Red. If you get desperate in early gearing you may want to use Purified's in your red slots as well.

You have the potential to be the best healer in your guild period. If you stop listening to people who tell you to rarely use GH. This was true for a time where PoH was more heals and mana issues were common. The fight mehanics in ICC provide both types of damage single target and raid-wide. I am surely not going to cast PoH to heal 2 targets taking cleaves from Marrowgar, instead I will back up my pally healer with triple cast Flash and burn my GH on the next cleave to the opposite tank from my pally's target. I see a lot of guilds still 3 healing ICC10. Get a good H Priest and drop in another dps so you can try for some achieves.
    Inner focus-- is completely useless once you reach 3400+ sp and 860+ regen which happens after your first piece of t10 assuming you geared up to ToGC 10 content. We have a ton of healing specs in our guild and our raid comps are always varied. I have found no use for inner focus since I was a fresh face in ToC 25 reg.

Holy Nova-- is yet another instant cast that crits for 3900. I find loads of use for this in fights like Crazy Cat Lady achievement, or when you are stepping down in content you are having ease healing to do some dps as well as heal a group. Nova/CoH on Faction Champs is pimp due to the pvp like atmosphere of the fight. Holy Priests are all about situational heals, that must be why we have 10 healing spells, 6 attacks, 2 cc, 4 cleanse/dispell, fear ward and frostweave bandages. If YOU can't find a place for it because you prefer doing something else and not positioning yourself so it is effective just say that. Not that it is nerfed or useless, because it is not. I have been using the hell out of it on putricide during the transitions from each slime as we are all grouped up on the green ooze's target. BINGO NEW CONTENT USEAGE! As you get the pushback from the explosion if you fail to kill it prior to it reaching the target on lockdown just cast Nova as soon as you get hit and CoH on the fly back and your lowest health raid members are back in business for easy pick-ups when they get the ground to pick up dps. Or you can make it hard on yourself and try to renew everyone prior to the explosion and hope CoH is enough while you fly up in the air. I prefer skill over prayer though.

Lightweave embroidery--is also a must for the geared H Priest. While darkglow has served us well through the our mana troubles of the past lightweave is what our healing hearts have always desired. Again if you find your regen over ~870 (and most definately over 900) with 3300+ sp there isn't anything released in ICC 10 or 25 that shoud be giving you mana problemsas of the date of this post (Plagueworks). Now if you aren't releasing you shadow fiend early in you mana pool drops that is your fault and you need to start doing it sooner so that it has a chance to be up again during your longer encounters. 23 haste to cloak is a poor option. Our haste needs are next to nil. You should get WAY more than enough haste to give you a 1.27 sec Flash Heal with the new t10 items. Your PoH and GH should be sitting at ~1.5 sec with serendipity stacked. You can't improve that much more without nerfing your crit to under 20%.

Ember Skyflare Diamond--I see no other option with the new stats on our t10 items. My mana pool sits at 26,900 self-buffed when gemming sp/spirit and sp/int and sp according to color bonuses. 25 direct SP and 2% MORE intellect on an ever increasing base mana pool. Also translates to more crit. Haven't seen the numbers, but I guarantee the two other options listed in this guide do not benefit us any longer. We do not need a 2% mana increase any longer nor do we need chance to proc mana on spellcast. If you need more mana regen get the Sliver of Pure Ice trinket and use it often. If you are Horde-side then you should be a blood-elf as a holy priest purely for arcane torrent if you are more into/serious about raiding than pvp or other content.

18 Spirit enchant on boots--A MUST. This is a througput stat with Spiritual Guidance. I think Aleina was attempting to catch us off gaurd with Tuskkar's. This is a pvp Disc enchant at best and passed over at worst. 18 Spirit is as close as you come to spell power on boots. I would even take Icewalker for the Crit if you find yourself low on Crit ie below 24% self-buffed.

Glyphs--3 Slots. Well that's good bacause we only have 3 options. CoH, PoH, and Renew. For all the renew haters out there. I'll transfer to your server and join your guild and see what skada and recount say about my 3/3 imp renew glyphed H Priest vs. your so-called h (note the lower case) priest. Renew is a BEAST. There is SO much drip drip drip damage that I like to steal from the druids in my guild and renew work perfectly for this. *With the new 2p set bonus and BiS haste increases WAY past numbers we are used to Glyphed Flash may become useful to the t10'd Priest.

2nd tier talents-- I will agree with this at present but my thoughts will probably change once I settle into 600+ haste on my full t10 gear. Having a damn near 1 sec GH with serendipity is BEYOND SICK. But currently I agree with Aleina on taking Warding over Fury. I want to reitterate that my opinions will probably change foreseeing the haste increases on BiS.

PW:S-- I took note to the fact that she lists this a spell not cast that often and puts it in a less accessible binding. I STRONGLY disagree with this. Even though you aren't disc PW:S is a huge part of being a healing priest. I cast it more often than binding heal as I rarely take damage not cured buy CoH or PoH or a quick renew if it is steady, and about as often as PoH is cast from my combat logs. There is no reason to neglect your damage reduction ability especially in ICC where backing up the tank heals with PW:S+Renew is necessary in several fights. If you run xperl or any raid frame addon that shows increasing aggro (omen for that matter) and especially if you lack a disc in a 10m or only 1 in a 25 you should be shielding often. If you find you have your hands full healing and can't incorporate damage negation in yor rotatio and know you are doing your job as a geared H Priest you should look at the other healers or guild understanding of the fight mechanics for a rational explanation.

Good guide, but just outdated now. Hopefully she gets around to updating it soon.
    No. You need to seriously do some reading. Two points you're right on are spellpower and lightweave, but keep in mind this is a beginner guide, not for people in T10. Somehow I doubt these will need a holy guide.

Holy PW:S is a terrible waste of a global for a 2k damage prevention that could be spent so much better, 18 Spirit on boots is a terrible enchant compared to Tuskarr's movement speed enhancement, Renew glyph is a waste 9 times out of 10, GH is still terribly inefficient, you get so much less out of Ember than you do out of Insightful - if you want throughput replace Darkweave with Lightweave but keep the Insightful, that's just about the best way you can go, mana regen is still a non-issue in T10 and I still never have to tank heal 'cause our tank healers pull their weight so I have no idea what you're talking about.
    Last edited by Aliena; 01-17-2010 at 02:01 AM.

Ewww.... throughput RNG makes me a sad panda. Darkglow 4 life. =)

<snip>
    sad that tank spot has devolved into this and endless arguements about Fol HL.

Doc

"PW:S-- I took note to the fact that she lists this a spell not cast that often and puts it in a less accessible binding. I STRONGLY disagree with this. Even though you aren't disc PW:S is a huge part of being a healing priest. I cast it more often than binding heal as I rarely take damage not cured buy CoH or PoH or a quick renew if it is steady, and about as often as PoH is cast from my combat logs. There is no reason to neglect your damage reduction ability especially in ICC where backing up the tank heals with PW:S+Renew is necessary in several fights. If you run xperl or any raid frame addon that shows increasing aggro (omen for that matter) and especially if you lack a disc in a 10m or only 1 in a 25 you should be shielding often. If you find you have your hands full healing and can't incorporate damage negation in yor rotatio and know you are doing your job as a geared H Priest you should look at the other healers or guild understanding of the fight mechanics for a rational explanation."

The only time I have have ever casted PW:S as holy in raids was in the Hodir 10k Hc, and then it was talented for Body and Soul to help ppl move out of the ice.

Aliena, What is the best way to practice healing as a disc/holy priest and measure how good you are. As DPS you have the target dummies avialable in most Cities but has a healer you don't have this option.

Nothing really you can do Symian aside from instancing as much as possible. Measuring how good you are is a measurement on how often your assignments die and then how much utility you can also provide the raid if you don't need to heal your assignment. This is why it's really hard to pin down who is really good at healing compared to who is just performing adequately.

On the other hand, if you are doing like a main tank healing rotation and you want to just practice it, you can just pick someone at random and start healing away.

Ofcourse the only problem with 5 mans in WoLK tank until HoR there wasn't any that really tested healers :/

@symian

Did you keep the raid alive even though your fellow healers stood in fire the whole time? Then you are probably a good healer.
    Did you feel on par with a healer you know is a good? Then you are probably a good healer as well.
    Did you keep the undergeared tank and his posse of aggromonkies alive during the heroic? Without a sweat? Then you know your healing.

Did you come second after the druid assigned to raidhealing? Don't worry, the barkskin was a meterwhore =)

@ Sårskorpan well am normally disc...so am assinged to tanks which I can normally keep up 99.999% of the time.

And I love it when I get undergeared or mass pulling tanks in heroic....it normally means I can do something other then watch 3 DPS and 1 tank destroy everything....and although I shouldn;t sometimes I play a little game called "How low can they go" Just 'cause I get bored in heroic 5 mans

Holy PW:S

I find PW:S as a holy priest an excellent tool for the bosses our guild has no trouble with. Popping it on the tank proccing Weakened Soul is a great way to snipe heals from the disc priest to keep you on top of the meter when there isn't a lot of AoE raid damage.

I find PW:S as a holy priest an excellent tool for the bosses our guild has no trouble with. Popping it on the tank proccing Weakened Soul is a great way to snipe heals from the disc priest to keep you on top of the meter when there isn't a lot of AoE raid damage.

..Why would you want to snipe heals...its pointless and a waste of time surely you talents/mana/skills are better used else where...and you don't always have to top HPS..

Quote Originally Posted by Brittmari View Post

That is disc's mana regen, you realise this right? some team player you are....

Addons

i was just wondering witch addons you were using and if i could get a list?

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    i was just wondering witch addons you were using and if i could get a list?
    Try reading her signature

Rawwwr!

Firstly, a pet hate of mine is people who respond to posts about raiding, then lapse into 5man healing talk, then back into raiding, then old content, then new; really the focus needs to be on ONE of them, or be generic; its so very confusing for new healers or casual readers when they are being bombarded with 10 different bits of advice; Alienas post was made as a guide, im sure this has been stated many times - and thats exactly what it is and does.
    It was never toted as the difinitive guide to hardcore hardmode elite progress raiding maga-ness for team lightening thunderstrike deathstar six!

Sorry for the quote-spam!

. I am surely not going to cast PoH to heal 2 targets taking cleaves from Marrowgar, instead I will back up my pally healer with triple cast Flash and burn my GH on the next cleave to the opposite tank from my pally's target.
    Whilst im not against ever denying one of our spells; unless somthing has gone wrong this shouldn't be needed, its situational but perhaps you can use it just prior to a bonestorm when you know they will likely all be hit by his initial (albeit small damage) whirl; if you are contributing a renew to the mt's then your probably doing enough.
    If you have to contribute more, dont expect it to be like that for long its more than likely a gearing and experience on that fight issue for the time-being.

. I have found no use for inner focus since I was a fresh face in ToC 25 reg.
    The standard use, macro it into your Hymn usage and there are many uses for it; off the top of my head; Blight exhale on festergut; somthing goes wrong on bloodprinces or with the brow gas-coulds on pp, Bloodqueen; mabye 2 raid-healers are linked; several places this could be used.
    Its one point; maybe its not amazingly often used, but Im open to suggestions where this 1 point might be better used? :P

Holy Nova-- I find loads of use for this in fights like Crazy Cat Lady achievement, or when you are stepping down in content you are having ease healing to do some dps as well as heal a group. Nova/CoH on Faction Champs is pimp due to the pvp like atmosphere of the fight.
    I have been using the hell out of it on putricide during the transitions from each slime as we are all grouped up on the green ooze's target. BINGO NEW CONTENT USEAGE! As you get the pushback from the explosion if you fail to kill it prior to it reaching the target on lockdown just cast Nova as soon as you get hit and CoH on the fly back and your lowest health raid members are back in business for easy pick-ups when they get the ground to pick up dps. Or you can make it hard on yourself and try to renew everyone prior to the explosion and hope CoH is enough while you fly up in the air. I prefer skill over prayer though.
    You go from "this is not update for geared holy priests" to then talking about old content again; however, yes it works nicely on said fight; but its not mana efficient and its not going to heal all those other people NOT in your group; for your pp example; by running in close (we also use the cleave tactic on 25man) you are adding 1 more person to the pile likely to get targeted adding to an insta-explode, you should be hanging back with the healers increasing the chance it targets a ranged person; if it does explode, CoH is not a "hope/prayer" ability; its a clever-heal and will heal up the lowest hp people first; you can even have a PoH ready for immediatly after, you can have used a PrOm on them before the explosion and probably have a FH for any stargglers; you will certainly be doing more than your share of healing in that situation with those heals; and you will be keeping yourself safe, mobile and not flying across the room!

Tuskars tuskars tuskars (or slack like me and rocket boots)

renew is nice yes; but our t-10 kinda merges it with our fh; it shouldn't be removed from use. i dont have mana problems so dont glyph flash anyway - and you should not be "stealing heals" thats not teamwork; you should be working synergistically with your healers, if heal stealing occurs frequently your lead-healer/assignments could be improved on to stop this.

PW:S-- I took note to the fact that she lists this a spell not cast that often and puts it in a less accessible binding. I STRONGLY disagree with this. Even though you aren't disc PW:S is a huge part of being a healing priest. I cast it more often than binding heal as I rarely take damage not cured buy CoH or PoH or a quick renew if it is steady, and about as often as PoH is cast from my combat logs. There is no reason to neglect your damage reduction ability especially in ICC where backing up the tank heals with PW:S+Renew
    we always run with a disc priest; most guilds do - so pw:s the tank makes you unpopular.
    I do however have a spec with B&S and have duties like, shielding the brown-gas cloud target(pp); the spored person (fester), the infected person (rotface), the fire kiter (Bloodprinces), one of the linked people(blood-queen) and so on; to make use of this spell; its totaly not needed; but its nice, very nice to have, if you can afford to take the points.
    Otherwise as a general healing spell for holy its not wonderful.

Apologies if I came across agressive; I do love a good debate!
    Last edited by Koyanis; 01-25-2010 at 07:20 AM. Reason: spellings gallore!

I dunno about you, but I actually macro Inner Focus (along with Berserking, and any haste-click trinket I have if I have one equipped) to PoH. PoH is a fairly costly spell all things considered, and I usually only *need* to use Divine Hymn in Angel Form (and by that time, it's generally a wipe, or we're hitting an enrage timer). More crits on PoH = more chances for Inspiration, SoL and HC procs (this is especially valuable during Twins in ToC and Festergut in ICC). Hitting up to and over 10k crits on PoH is amazing if it hits a tank.

Arcane Torrent? Seriously? No other option? Apologies here, but Berserking has served me well, especially during Bloodlust. Cranking out PoH's with less than one second cast time (3 stack Serendipity) is just amazing. But then, I'm a haste mongerer.

Consider in BC your boot enchants for healers were Boar's Speed and Vitality. It's essentially the same thing with different names. If you don't have problems getting out of the fire, or actually need the throughput, then 18 Spirit is fine. However, Tuskarr's Vitalty is technically better in the long run.

Eh, Glyph of Renew is okay at best. I ran Glyph of Renew until hitting Deathwhisper 25. Prayer of Healing is a way better glyph in my opinion (I run GS, CoH and PoH now). I don't see any reason not to use GS glyph at all, personally, but at any rate, Glyph of Renew isn't that great if you're raid healing certain encounters (Gunship is easily healed with PoM and Druid HoTs, Festergut needs more use of PoH/CoH, etc.). Besides that, sniping heals is really not the most effective or efficient way to go about it. My Renews usually go on the tanks, and depending on the fight, healers and some dps.

I have nearly 700 haste now and only have a few pieces of t10 (helm, shoulders, weapon, belt). I don't personally have much use for either of the 2nd tier talents, but then, I like to Holy Fire and Smite things in my downtime (no, I don't have much regen issue, and yes, I tend to top heal charts, and if we're wiping, it's usually due to dps being retarded).

You know where I shield lots? Saurfang and Marrowgar, but mostly Saurfang, even if we are running heavy on priests (which is most of the time). You know where I don't shield much at all? Everywhere else.
    Last edited by wingsofscion; 02-01-2010 at 02:05 AM.

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Brittmari View Post

If you think PW:S on holy is a waste of a globa you must have lost your mind. A: we run with 2 pallys in our 25 and no disc. B: Holy Priest worrying about GCD with surge and 4 instants? Capital LOL. This is a wonderful spell to pre-buff a tank before encounter or threat-pulls, taunts on Festergut, and so many more places it's hard to list. Being holy is about being diverse, that must be why we have so many healing spells with range, aoe, single-target, negation, instants, time-casts, you name it, we got it. If you can't find the opportunity to use one of you spells, look for it. It's there. They all come in handy in ever raid/party every time.
    Comment about GH. You should really take a look at sernedipity with t10 haste. GH is back in business. If you are casting PoH by default to use serendipity then you must be waiting for raid damage to occur many times. Otherwise you should be burning your 'dipity through GH. It's damn near a second when talented for fury. I never have mana issues any longer so it isn't about conservation...all-be-it we haven't fought LK yet.

I'd much rather use that global on something that does more than put a 2k shield on someone, like a 9k PoM or a 6-7k Fheal, not to mention most guilds run with a disc priest, so pre-shielding a tank before a pull is a no-no. If you don't run with a disc priest, by all means pre-shield before a battle, not like you have anything else to do before it starts. Mid-fight though, it's a waste unless you're running somewhere and are all out of other instants to cast.

The problem with Gheal, as I've stated many times, is that it takes up THIRTEEN talent points in order to be useful. Those talent points, for a raid healer, are much better spent in other places unless you want to severely gimp your raid healing ability. GHeal will never be "back in business" when other spells do its job so much better. That said, I'm not discarding that it has use especially in 10-man raids when you have to do some emergency tank healing. I've also said this many times, so I don't know why people like to skip over this.

Sniping heals from someone is not something you want to do to benefit anything but your own silly ego. You want to benefit the raid and down bosses? Let the disc priest handle shielding tanks. Raiding is about synergy and teamwork, not your e-peen.

I love the versatility and spell arsenal of priests. I also love making the best of it and using it efficiently. Now, what you do is you go and say "OMG YOU SAID THIS IS BAD BUT I JUST USED IT AND IT HEALED SOMEONE". Of course it healed someone. Of course you can use it. You might not even run out of mana spamming greater heal. But you're not considering the big picture and math and efficiency behind it. The reason I discourage mid-battle use of PW:S and to an extent, Gheal; is that it severely gimps your throughput as a raid healer and you should trust your tank healers to do their job just fine. If they don't do their job, you have other problems you have to address in your guild anyway. In PW:S's case, it even gimps any disc healer that might be in the raid along with you.

TL;DR: PW:S & GHeal are fine for emergencies, esp. in 10-mans. There almost always are better spells to cast for a holy priest, though.

+ Reply to Thread